• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

gcom007

Legwand to Detroit for Eaves, Jarnkrok + cond 3rd/2nd

Rate this topic

No good defensemen were moved, and they were all rentals. The only reason they traded for Legwand even though he isn't signed next year is because they were desperate for a center, more than a d-man even, and him waiving his NTC to come here and the fact that he's from Detroit and grew up a Wings fan should mean they can extend him if they want to. Vanek or Moulson are probably going to test the market no matter what, and they don't play center, so they weren't options.

This is literally the first time I've got to comment on the trade, I've been traveling for business and not near my computer.

missed you Kip!

No good defensemen were moved, and they were all rentals. The only reason they traded for Legwand even though he isn't signed next year is because they were desperate for a center, more than a d-man even, and him waiving his NTC to come here and the fact that he's from Detroit and grew up a Wings fan should mean they can extend him if they want to. Vanek or Moulson are probably going to test the market no matter what, and they don't play center, so they weren't options.

i think if we get health and we decided to resign leggy wouldnt we have a over abundance of Cs?

missed you Kip!

i think if we get health and we decided to resign leggy wouldnt we have a over abundance of Cs?

I'm on a business trip next week too, but at this rate I'm not too worried about missing anything haha.

missed you Kip!

They become trade assets either during the off-season (TRADEFRENZY* and/or at the draft)

*TSN will not sucker me into watching that this summer.

I think legwand looked pretty solid. Give him a few more games to get used to the style of play/constant line shuffling and he'll gel nicely with the team me thinks.

Not saying he's our saving grace but he seems to be pretty underrated around here.. I'm not upset with the trade at all.

Edited by amato

Quick! Learn the difference between opinion and fact. Your statement "btw longterm future > streak" is opinion and one that the Red Wings management doesn't share. Happy Friday.

Do we know that management believes streak > long-term future? I don't think bringing Legwand aboard necessarily means we're "all-in." I think what it boils down to is that we're in a good position to make the playoffs, but, suddenly, our top four or five centers are out. Point being, it'd be a shame to throw away the season (and, quite possibly, all the extra profit that comes with making the playoffs), unless we're absolutely head-over-heels for someone in the draft.

As for me, I've accepted that the Legwand deal had to happen and that there's no way the Preds don't demand a crown jewel prospect, because they know how utterly desperate we are for Legwand's services.

On a sort-of-related note, trade Helm this summer. It's time.

Edited by Dabura

This has probably already been mentioned, but it's been reported that the Bruins had a deal in place for Edler but it fell through in the end.

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/07/report-bruins-had-deal-in-place-for-edler-but-canucks-blew-it/comment-page-1/

Sound vaguely familiar?

Every time people complain about Holland, I want to point out things like this, and the fact that Snow essentially traded a 1st, 2nd, and conditional 5th for Collberg and a conditional 2nd.

Every time people complain about Holland, I want to point out things like this, and the fact that Snow essentially traded a 1st, 2nd, and conditional 5th for Collberg and a conditional 2nd.

Okay and? Just because there are people less competent at their job than Holland has been in the last few years doesn't mean that Holland gets a pass.

This has probably already been mentioned, but it's been reported that the Bruins almost got Edler.

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/07/report-bruins-had-deal-in-place-for-edler-but-canucks-blew-it/comment-page-1/

Sound vaguely familiar?

The B's key players are either in mid/late 20's or early 30's except Chara so they somehow have that luxury to dangle their top prospects and overpay, unlike the Wings.

Just got the hockey news top 50 nhl prospects mag

Jarnkrok #41 guess there dumb cuz he's projected to be a bottom 6 .... Sorry couldn't help myself lol

Anthony mantha #10 and Tomas jurco #32

For those curious top 10 Are as follows

Jonathan drouin

John Gibson

Teuvo teravainen

Filip forsberg

Ryan strome

Evgeny kuznetsov

Rasmus ristolainen

Nikita zadorov

Alexander wennberg

Anthony mantha

Wings top 5 prospects mantha jurco jarnkrok(ha) ouellet sheahan

On the horizon .... Sproul mrazek backman pulkkinen frk

Just got the hockey news top 50 nhl prospects mag

Jarnkrok #41 guess there dumb cuz he's projected to be a bottom 6 .... Sorry couldn't help myself lol

Anthony mantha #10 and Tomas jurco #32

For those curious top 10 Are as follows

Jonathan drouin

John Gibson

Teuvo teravainen

Filip forsberg

Ryan strome

Evgeny kuznetsov

Rasmus ristolainen

Nikita zadorov

Alexander wennberg

Anthony mantha

Wings top 5 prospects mantha jurco jarnkrok(ha) ouellet sheahan

On the horizon .... Sproul mrazek backman pulkkinen frk

Oh snap, that must be a guarantee of how amazing he will be! Look at this archive, shows you how amazingly accurate these prospect rankings are.

2 goals in jarnkrok's debut with Milwaukee tonight

And so it begins

Jarnkrok on his debut: It was great. I think we played good the whole game and it was easy for me to fit in. I’m very happy to be here.[/size]

Hope he turns out to be a star for you guys ... It'll make us think twice before we make a trade .... Goodluck! ..... Weber jones forsberg jarnkrok hornqvist future ppl line

Weber, Jossi, Jarnkrok, Forsberg, Rinne and now soon another good forward draft pick the best be looking out the Predators are building a powerhouse team. If their ownership allows Poile to spend to the cap the west will be looking at another St. Louis Blues team very soon what a conference wow.

And Legwand just put up a 3 point night against NHL competition....

Again this has nothing to do with legwand I wanted us to get him .... Just think jarnkrok was too big a price to pay

Feels kinda crappy to be hoping for a young kids career to be mediocre but I find myself doing it. LGW would be unbearable if he started lighting it up in the NHL

Hope he's awesome .... It'll make us think twice before trading a top prospect