• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

gcom007

Legwand to Detroit for Eaves, Jarnkrok + cond 3rd/2nd

Rate this topic

if only you were nashville's gm....

Ya that made sense .... They got one of our top prospects .... Think you meant out say detroits gm

Because Jarnkrok was so good he managed to put up 2 points in 18 games in two years with the Sweden WC A team? Yeah your right he was the next Crosby for sure.......... Wait no he wasn't.

Yes cause I said he was gonna be Crosby

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

Last I heard his boss was in the hospital so I doubt it but I get your point ... We'll. ever know if that happened or not

He's recovering, not necessarily in the hospital. Even if he was, there are these things called telephones that allow people to communicate over long distances.

Yes cause I said he was gonna be Crosby

Then what was he going to be that made him way to valuable to be traded in a Legwand deal? Why don't you look at the WC A stats of some good players or better yet Swedish players and tell me the difference. Guys that go big in the NHL perform on the WC stage. He lost value because of his performance there. Jarnkrok was a good prospect, a couple years ago. He never really developed to his potential and there is no reason to assume there is even a good chance that he will end up doing so at this point. Jarnkrok certainly will make the NHL but its likely to be as a 3rd or 4th center at this point. He had no chance to make the Wings roster in the for see able future.

When are we ever going to need a 3rd or 4th center? With all the players we have, Sheahan, Helm, Weiss, Datsyuk, Andersson, Legwand (likely to be resigned)... We should have kept him in the AHL for 5 years? Our team is almost fully re-tooled don't think there is going to be a big change of hands like there has been the past year. That doesn't happen very often

Edited by wingslionstigers

Then what was he going to be that made him way to valuable to be traded in a Legwand deal? Why don't you look at the WC A stats of some good players or better yet Swedish players and tell me the difference. Guys that go big in the NHL perform on the WC stage. He lost value because of his performance there. Jarnkrok was a good prospect, a couple years ago. He never really developed to his potential and there is no reason to assume there is even a good chance that he will end up doing so at this point. Jarnkrok certainly will make the NHL but its likely to be as a 3rd or 4th center at this point. He had no chance to make the Wings roster in the for see able future.

When are we ever going to need a 3rd or 4th center? With all the players we have, Sheahan, Helm, Weiss, Datsyuk, Andersson, Legwand (likely to be resigned)... We should have kept him in the AHL for 5 years? Our team is almost fully re-tooled don't think there is going to be a big change of hands like there has been the past year. That doesn't happen very often

Like I said think we could of had more than legwand .... He Could of been used As a key piece to get a defensemen .... Your happy that's all that matters ... If jarnkrok becomes a real good nhl player though I just don't wanna see the same people here happy with the trade complain about it after that's all Edited by nyqvististhefuture

Ya that made sense .... They got one of our top prospects .... Think you meant out say detroits gm

no, i meant nashville's. if nashville's GM thought we could have gotten legwand without giving up at least jarnkrok+, then we probably would have.

of course we were going to overpay for the guy though, because the preds didn't have to get rid of him..

no, i meant nashville's. if nashville's GM thought we could have gotten legwand without giving up at least jarnkrok+, then we probably would have.

of course we were going to overpay for the guy though, because the preds didn't have to get rid of him..

He's a gm he did his job .... His job was to try to get the most for his asset which he succeeded .... Our gms job was to try to accomplish the trade without giving up too much which we failed ... My opinion

I

He's a gm he did his job .... His job was to try to get the most for his asset which he succeeded .... Our gms job was to try to accomplish the trade without giving up too much which we failed ... My opinion

I

but because they didn't have to trade him, we had to offer the preds something they couldn't refuse.

and hollands job was to get the deal done.. "not giving up too much" would have just been a bonus.

We can go back and forth about Jarnkrok all we want, but the fact is no one knows how good or bad of a trade this was for at least another 3-4 years and we can actually see what Jarnkrok does at an NHL level.

Smith was supposed to be a future top 2 defender for us. Cory Cross was drafted 1st round 1st overall. A lot of times guys just don't work out, sometimes they do. It's very difficult to debate about a player's unknown future when it is so far off and no one here is psychic.

According to some people Poille looks as stupid as Garth Snow for letting go very good player Legwand for injury prone bottom liner Eaves,future bottom liner Jarnkrok and a pick :confused:

He really only let him go for 20 games though.

To get a prospect, a decent bottom sixer and potentially a 2nd round pick for those 20 games seems pretty good to me. Especially since I think Legwand had a NTC and could pick where he would go.

Legwand didn't want to re-sign with them

David legwand did not ask to be traded,he wanted to play in nashville,but the preds weren't gonna offer him a contract,so instead of letting him walking in the offseason,like suter did and got nothing for him,They decided to trade legwand,he had other offers from other teams,but detroit is where he wanted to go,so the preds found a way to get him to detroit

David legwand did not ask to be traded,he wanted to play in nashville,but the preds weren't gonna offer him a contract,so instead of letting him walking in the offseason,like suter did and got nothing for him,They decided to trade legwand,he had other offers from other teams,but detroit is where he wanted to go,so the preds found a way to get him to detroit

That bodes well for his chances of re-signing with Detroit.

I believe you, but out of curiosity why weren't they offering Legwand a contract?

He's 33 and still probably has a few good years in him, is a career Predator (wasn't he their first ever draft pick?) and was their leading scorer at the time of the trade.

Seems like the kind of player you'd want to offer at least a 2 or 3 year deal to.

I believe you, but out of curiosity why weren't they offering Legwand a contract?

He's 33 and still probably has a few good years in him, is a career Predator (wasn't he their first ever draft pick?) and was their leading scorer at the time of the trade.

Seems like the kind of player you'd want to offer at least a 2 or 3 year deal to.

They wanted to get younger and save some money. Even if he took less money, they'd still have to pay him $4 mil or so.

He really only let him go for 20 games though.

To get a prospect, a decent bottom sixer and potentially a 2nd round pick for those 20 games seems pretty good to me. Especially since I think Legwand had a NTC and could pick where he would go.

I was sarcastic though.Good moves by Poille.Swapped Erat for Forsberg then Legwand for Jarnkrok ;)

I was sarcastic though.Good moves by Poille.Swapped Erat for Forsberg then Legwand for Jarnkrok ;)

excuse me if i do not understand, but how were you being sarcastic, you either heard that people were saying that about Poile, or you made it up, and I have not heard anyone calling Poile dumb yet... not sure if you understand sarcasm or...

sar·casm [sahr-kaz-uhthinsp.pngthinsp.pngm] Show IPA
noun
harsh or bitter derision or irony.
a sharply ironical taunt; sneering or cutting remark: a review full of sarcasms.

what you said was not sarcasm, rather just a weirdly made up non fact, a sarcastic way of saying it would have been, man I bet Nashville fans wish Poile had gotten them the deal Holland got us, or some other parting shot like that

EDIT: Grammar

Edited by Euro_Twins

On the difficulties of starting fresh with a new team for traded players [backhand Shelf]

Makes you really appreciate what Legwand did last night. Guy's played his whole NHL career with one team, one coach, one system. He gets traded to a very different thing in the Red Wings and it takes him all of one game to figure s*** out and be a force.

Also. Been sniffing around the Preds community. Seems a number of fans feel Trotz doesn't understand how to utilize high-end, top-six forwards. Like Legwand. Maybe instead of a 2C good for 40+ points, he's actually a 1C good for 50+ points.

On the difficulties of starting fresh with a new team for traded players [backhand Shelf]

Makes you really appreciate what Legwand did last night. Guy's played his whole NHL career with one team, one coach, one system. He gets traded to a very different thing in the Red Wings and it takes him all of one game to figure s*** out and be a force.

Also. Been sniffing around the Preds community. Seems a number of fans feel Trotz doesn't understand how to utilize high-end, top-six forwards. Like Legwand. Maybe instead of a 2C good for 40+ points, he's actually a 1C good for 50+ points.

He's currently on pace for 54 I believe

excuse me if i do not understand, but how were you being sarcastic, you either heard that people were saying that about Poile, or you made it up, and I have not heard anyone calling Poile dumb yet... not sure if you understand sarcasm or...

sar·casm [sahr-kaz-uhthinsp.pngthinsp.pngm] Show IPA
noun
harsh or bitter derision or irony.
a sharply ironical taunt; sneering or cutting remark: a review full of sarcasms.

what you said was not sarcasm, rather just a weirdly made up non fact, a sarcastic way of saying it would have been, man I bet Nashville fans wish Poile had gotten them the deal Holland got us, or some other parting shot like that

EDIT: Grammar

So basically,you have problem with one of my (non)sarcastic post,but you don't mind listening,hearing,reading one spin after another first from Ken and then from some ppl here how our top,Hank like prospect,turned into expendable bottom liner just over night.

I respect your choice,really do(not being sarcastic nor ironic)

And people say he's a 3rd liner at best? I'd say fourth line...

Legwand still may ultimately end up centering the third line if Pav and Weiss ever come back, this season or if Legwand sticks around. Not that he is a third line quality center (though, I would say second is more appropriate than first), but that's where he might be slotted given the Red Wings depth up the middle. Playing with Mule and Gus doesn't hurt his cause right now either.

Edited by GoWings1905

Legwand still may ultimately end up centering the third line if Pav and Weiss ever come back, this season or if Legwand sticks around. Not that he is a third line quality center (though, I would say second is more appropriate than first), but that's where he might be slotted given the Red Wings depth up the middle. Playing with Mule and Gus doesn't hurt his cause right now either.

Definitely a 2nd liner. Good insurance for if Weiss does completely bust on us