• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

gcom007

Legwand to Detroit for Eaves, Jarnkrok + cond 3rd/2nd

Rate this topic

He's topped 50 before. I'm just talking his approximate average. Actually, I don't even want to be that specific. My point was simply that David Legwand the Red Wing may be > David Legwand the Predator. Maybe he's got another level that he could never really hit as a Pred, given their system and such. Some Preds fans certainly think so.

Consider Flip. He was good for us, but the Bolts seem to be a better fit for him. Actually, maybe that's a bad example, since the implicit understanding in what I'm saying is what Barry Melrose (of all people!) has often said: wearing the Winged Wheel brings out the best in players (except Quincey).

So basically,you have problem with one of my (non)sarcastic post,but you don't mind listening,hearing,reading one spin after another first from Ken and then from some ppl here how our top,Hank like prospect,turned into expendable bottom liner just over night.

I respect your choice,really do(not being sarcastic nor ironic)

You made a post saying everyone was unhappy, then said later it was sarcasm. It made no sense, I was trying to show you the difference. Didn't mean anything by it.

Jarnkrok was promising but he's also 22 already and hasn't really shown his potential at all. I wish him the best but too many guys already ahead of him. If it came down to sheahan or jarnkrok I would take sheahan any day.

This is the first time for me chiming in on this trade.

While it was far from glamorous, I think it was an alright deal. People are calling it a "panic" move. It wasn't. It was a move to fill a massive hole at center on a team ravaged by injuries in a dog fight to make the playoffs. If Holland had done nothing, most of us would be losing our minds.

I liked Jarnkrok as prospect. I defended the s*** out of him in the "Dirty Harry" Callahan thread a while back. But the fact is, right now, the Wings have too many B-B+ prospects. Make no mistake, that's what Jarnkrok was. They could afford to make this deal.

Agree,there are many centers ahead of Jarnkrok in his 1st AHL season,no surprise,except some of them have major injury concerns and some are still in OHL and SEL which means 4-5 years from making the Wings team.

BiLq-KQCUAAttqJ.jpg

I fully support a conservative trading philosophy. But lately, it's not like we're holding out for very good trades.

Giving up a first round pick was overpayment for Quincey even before he played a single awful game for us. And I still think Poile strongarmed Holland for Jarnkrok; we probably could have gotten away with less since Nashville didn't want to lose Legwand for nothing and he had a NTC.

Keeps getting better and better

Jarnkrok has proven he can be a point per game player in the AHL over the past 20 games. It's certainly not just a hot streak either; he seems to have gotten his offensive game together (after already being very good defensively).

Nyquist was also a point per game player in his first full AHL season at the same age (22). And we all know how good Nyquist is for us now...

Yes, in the AHL tonight. Not with Nashville. Give me a break.

Still racking up the pts .... Get yourself a kit kat

Jarnkrok has proven he can be a point per game player in the AHL over the past 20 games. It's certainly not just a hot streak either; he seems to have gotten his offensive game together (after already being very good defensively).

Nyquist was also a point per game player in his first full AHL season at the same age (22). And we all know how good Nyquist is for us now...

Jurco was also a pt per game guy when he came up this yr ....anyone know how many pts he's had now in like his last 15-20 games?

Still racking up the pts .... Get yourself a kit kat

Jurco was also a pt per game guy when he came up this yr ....anyone know how many pts he's had now in like his last 15-20 games?

No one's arguing that Calle's not playing well in the AHL or that he doesn't have NHL upside.

Holland's responsibility is to keep Detroit in the hunt. He's not going to stand pat and throw in the season towel just so we can horde B caliber prospects.

BiLq-KQCUAAttqJ.jpg

Does anybody else think this is mostly due to other teams not wanting to trade with us?? Thats quite a drop off from other teams.

EDIT: Average of 109 trades per team. And we had 33. Perhaps other teams just jack up the prices when the wings call, I mean every GM knows that for the last 23 seasons we've been buyers and not sellers.

Edited by roboturner

No one's arguing that Calle's not playing well in the AHL or that he doesn't have NHL upside.

Holland's responsibility is to keep Detroit in the hunt. He's not going to stand pat and throw in the season towel just so we can horde B caliber prospects.

I guess if jarnkrok is a b prospect then besides mantha and anyone in the wings line up then we are seriously screwed Edited by nyqvististhefuture

Does anybody else think this is mostly due to other teams not wanting to trade with us?? Thats quite a drop off from other teams.

Kenny just sticks with the same team over and over and over again (Samuelson cleary bertuzzi Quincey) we always suffer injuries cause we always have injury prone players for some reason so when they come back we stand pat cause there our trade deadline moves (so holland says)

If he's gonna make moves like this id much rather prefer he stand pat unless it's for a stud dman or young star forward

WE LIKE OUR TEAM

Ahh One of Kenny's famous lines

So is this thread going to get bumped every time he gets a point in the AHL? Good lord lets wait until he proves he can score against NHL competition before posting about every point he gets.

Haha yes every jarnkrok nhl game till he breaks gretzkys point record ... Gonna haunt us all lmao

I'm Surprised there's no topic on the wings ranger game tomorrow yet it's a 1230 start ... I'm guessing it's the exact same lineup we had vs the devils??

Columbus Nj tor and Wsh got 2 pts f*ck and tb 1 ... Gotta win tomorrow

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

I'm Surprised there's no topic on the wings ranger game tomorrow yet it's a 1230 start ... I'm guessing it's the exact same lineup we had vs the devils??

Hopefully. Only with Howard in net due to Gus having spaghetti for a groin.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Jarnkrok is not "B caliber." Again, Can we stop acting like he's a nobody? He was arguably our best prospect, and we have a deep pool.

I agree with the rest, though.

Well, actually, you may be painting Holland as a wee bit more proactive and aggressive and on-top-of-things than he really is/was. It took losing Helm to concussion protocol - on top of major setbacks to Weiss and Datsyuk (on top of Zetterberg's 12-year rehab) - for him to do something. It's possible we don't lose Jarnkrok if Holland doesn't wait until the last minute. Poile knew he was dealing with a very desperate man.

I think we can all agree that trading is not one of Ken Holland's areas of expertise.

Edited by Dabura

I can't keep track of which people are mad about the trade and which are mad that we never make trades and the large group of people who seem to be upset about both.

Glad Kenny did something, we'll see how it turns out in the end but I'm not too upset. Have to give something to get something despite what many seem to think.

I can't keep track of which people are mad about the trade and which are mad that we never make trades and the large group of people who seem to be upset about both.

Personally, I love that we landed David Legwand and hate that we lost Calle Jarnkrok. I'll feel a lot better about the whole thing if we make the playoffs and Legwand re-signs in the summer. If we don't make the playoffs and Legwand doesn't re-sign, I will riot. If we do make the playoffs but Legwand doesn't re-sign, I will riot. If we don't make the playoffs but Legwand does re-sign...I will probably riot.

(Note that by "riot" I mean "piss and moan on an internet forum.")

BiLq-KQCUAAttqJ.jpg

Would be interesting to see an overlay of success on that chart. Because for all the weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth on here, no-one has won more games, got more points, been to more finals, and won more cups, than Detroit in that span.

I think the Sharks might be 2nd in points in that time span. Other than that, there's no discernable pattern. The Ducks who've been average to very good in that period are top, right next to the Panthers, who've been terrible. Other perennial losers like the BJs, Coyotes and Thrashers are above average too.