• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

gcom007

Legwand to Detroit for Eaves, Jarnkrok + cond 3rd/2nd

Rate this topic

Hahahaha yes. That guys career went down the s***ter fast after leaving Philly. Sheesh. Did he get bought out after?

I don't think so. He signed as a UFA with Buffalo and I think has 0 goals this year and something like 11 points. I feel bad for the guy.

I don't think so. He signed as a UFA with Buffalo and I think has 0 goals this year and something like 11 points. I feel bad for the guy.

I don't. He followed the money, went to a not very good team, and now he is an after thought. I'm actually shocked he wasn't bought out. Perhaps they just gave him one last season to come around?

Does it make me a bad person that I was hoping he would get a hat trick in his debut solely for the entertainment of reading a meltdown in this thread?

Nope

I want him to be a superstar ... It'll make us think twice before giving up on top prospects

And Legwand has 1 more goal, 3 more assists, & 2 more Malkin balls since coming over to Detroit.

I like legwand but he also almost cost us a chance at the playoffs with his idiotic play

Everyone would be singing a different tune if the pens scored on that power play

Glad it worked out in the end

Jarnkrok was 0-1-1 +2 w/ 1 shot and 0 PIMs in 16:20 of ice time.

Doesn't matter, he never would've gotten that much ice time here in his debut game. haha!

Maybe he would of now with all the injuries

I don't. He followed the money, went to a not very good team, and now he is an after thought. I'm actually shocked he wasn't bought out. Perhaps they just gave him one last season to come around?

Ya leino will be gone this off season

Queue July 1 .... Leino signs 2 yrs with detroit

Holland : we like what he brings , we know leino were comfortable with leino , we like leino ....

Lmao

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

People can say what they want about this trade, but Legwand is a huge part of this teams success

He's playing well, and while his spearing of Malkin may have been a selfish retaliation, I think ut's been a catalyst for the upturn in team play. Is he this year's Dallas Drake?

He's playing well, and while his spearing of Malkin may have been a selfish retaliation, I think ut's been a catalyst for the upturn in team play. Is he this year's Dallas Drake?

Hopefully! It is exciting to think how dangerous this lineup can be when healthy.

im sure Kenny has said that Tats Gus and Riley are the 3rd line for next season. Which makes interesting decisions to be made for the 4th line for sure. Glendening is a Babs fav for sure so its going to be fun for sure.

Hopefully! It is exciting to think how dangerous this lineup can be when healthy.

It's strange to think about how exciting this team is right now! Playoffs or no playoffs this year, the future looks brighter and brighter every game.

I have a feeling Nyquist is slated for 2nd or 1st line duties next year. He might have more goals this year than Datsyuk had in his first 2 years. He only has 6 fewer points than Hank did his first year in a lot fewer games.

I have a feeling Nyquist is slated for 2nd or 1st line duties next year. He might have more goals this year than Datsyuk had in his first 2 years. He only has 6 fewer points than Hank did his first year in a lot fewer games.

I know "on pace for" stats are always a little iffy, but imagine if Nyquist played the whole year. Even with occasional scoreless streaks, Nyquist could theoretically achieve 40 goal status over a full season. In his first "full" year.

I know "on pace for" stats are always a little iffy, but imagine if Nyquist played the whole year. Even with occasional scoreless streaks, Nyquist could theoretically achieve 40 goal status over a full season. In his first "full" year.

We have to sign him to an extension as soon as possible

We have to sign him to an extension as soon as possible

Settle down he isn't going anywhere.

Another assist for jarnkrok ... Ughh

And without that trade we would not be in a playoff spot. You have to give up something to get something back.

Ya I know Gus isn't going anywhere just hope we get him locked up 5+ years at good money

Ummm has legwand helped? Yes , still think we'd be in the mix ....I don't know if legwand alone helped us get into the playoff spot ... Team game but at this rate without nyquist's crazy scoring of late were done

And like I said I wanted legwand but I think we gave up too much , could of gotten more than legwand if we used jarnkrok In a package deal (maybe that top dman we need)

Anyways it's done now I just want jarnkrok to be awesome so next time we think twice before getting rid of a top prospect

Ya I know Gus isn't going anywhere just hope we get him locked up 5+ years at good money

Ummm has legwand helped? Yes , still think we'd be in the mix ....I don't know if legwand alone helped us get into the playoff spot ... Team game but at this rate without nyquist's crazy scoring of late were done

And like I said I wanted legwand but I think we gave up too much , could of gotten more than legwand if we used jarnkrok In a package deal (maybe that top dman we need)

Anyways it's done now I just want jarnkrok to be awesome so next time we think twice before getting rid of a top prospect

Well a top dman wouldn't have done much at all with no center lol. And without Legwand allowing the team to have a #1 line being matched up against the other teams best players, Gus is on the kid line playing against other teams 3rd or 4th lines and scoring big goals. Without Legwand, we'd have Mule centering Gus on the top line. All our eggs in one basket = easy to shut down for other teams. Therefore, we'd have lost a lot of the games we have won and would be down there with the Devils and Sens instead of holding the #1 wildcard.

When you really look at it, it was legit a season saving trade up until this point. We get Weiss and Datsyuk back before the season is over and this team starts looking a lot more dangerous. Especially if they can stay alive long enough to get Hank back. That is why I think giving up just one of our prospects to give this team a shot at the post season is definitely worth it. Especially considering it is for a guy who will most likely resign.

We still have a lot of good kids in the system. It would take a lot more than just Jarnkrok to get a Top dman, as they are a hell of a lot harder to come by than a good center. You start asking for a top dman, and teams are gonna want guys like Gus, not Jarnkrok. A prospect alone is limiting to what you can get in return. But regardless of how Jarnkrok turns out, nobody in the Wings organization is gonna dwell on it and let it affect things they do down the road. It was a trade that had to be made to give this team a chance to win. And if Holland had to do it again, he most certainly would.

Well a top dman wouldn't have done much at all with no center lol. And without Legwand allowing the team to have a #1 line being matched up against the other teams best players, Gus is on the kid line playing against other teams 3rd or 4th lines and scoring big goals. Without Legwand, we'd have Mule centering Gus on the top line. All our eggs in one basket = easy to shut down for other teams. Therefore, we'd have lost a lot of the games we have won and would be down there with the Devils and Sens instead of holding the #1 wildcard.

When you really look at it, it was legit a season saving trade up until this point. We get Weiss and Datsyuk back before the season is over and this team starts looking a lot more dangerous. Especially if they can stay alive long enough to get Hank back. That is why I think giving up just one of our prospects to give this team a shot at the post season is definitely worth it. Especially considering it is for a guy who will most likely resign.

We still have a lot of good kids in the system. It would take a lot more than just Jarnkrok to get a Top dman, as they are a hell of a lot harder to come by than a good center. You start asking for a top dman, and teams are gonna want guys like Gus, not Jarnkrok. A prospect alone is limiting to what you can get in return. But regardless of how Jarnkrok turns out, nobody in the Wings organization is gonna dwell on it and let it affect things they do down the road. It was a trade that had to be made to give this team a chance to win. And if Holland had to do it again, he most certainly would.

Well my beef more than anything is we should of got legwand without having to give up a jarnkrok ... I'm sorry legwand is a nice player but he's not a star and he is a ufa (doesn't matter if we resign him or not)

We should of guaranteed the 2nd round pick , add another 2nd rounder .... Whatever needed to be done

If we paid that much for a legwand I'd really hate to see what we'd give up for a top 4 dman now ... now I don't even want us to make that deal , rather toughen it out and keep our guys

Look at sheahan everyone thought he'd be a bottom 6 guy and he's been awesome , way exceeded our expectations .... You just never know until you give them a few games

Yeah, because a tiny sample size on a completely DIFFERENT team is surely a great way to judge.

True or you can say nashvilles roster isn't near as good as ours so imagine if he was playing here with a nyquist or Alfie on his wing .... If he was here I think he'd of gotten some points

Well my beef more than anything is we should of got legwand without having to give up a jarnkrok ... I'm sorry legwand is a nice player but he's not a star and he is a ufa (doesn't matter if we resign him or not)

We should of guaranteed the 2nd round pick , add another 2nd rounder .... Whatever needed to be done

If we paid that much for a legwand I'd really hate to see what we'd give up for a top 4 dman now ... now I don't even want us to make that deal , rather toughen it out and keep our guys

Look at sheahan everyone thought he'd be a bottom 6 guy and he's been awesome , way exceeded our expectations .... You just never know until you give them a few games

True or you can say nashvilles roster isn't near as good as ours so imagine if he was playing here with a nyquist or Alfie on his wing .... If he was here I think he'd of gotten some points

You have to give value to get value.

You're underrating Legwand and overrating Jarnkrok. You're not getting a star player in return for him.

Legwand has also accumulated steady points,created some havoc and plays with an edge that makes us harder to play against. Nothing against Jarnkrok but Legwand was a sure thing, unlike Jarnkrok. And think about our last games. Other teams have to focus on him, Franzen and Alfredsson, which allows Nyquist and Tatar to tear things up. I don't think Jarnkrok could have done that here.

We had to give up Jarnkrok. It's not like Holland just said "hey, take a great prospect, too!" when he made the trade.

Yeah, because a tiny sample size on a completely DIFFERENT team is surely a great way to judge.

Fair enough,but it's not about the judgment of LGW posters.It's about Hakan Andersson and he rarely makes the wrong prediction about his picks,Jarnkrok included.