• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

gcom007

Legwand to Detroit for Eaves, Jarnkrok + cond 3rd/2nd

Rate this topic

Well my beef more than anything is we should of got legwand without having to give up a jarnkrok ... I'm sorry legwand is a nice player but he's not a star and he is a ufa (doesn't matter if we resign him or not)

We should of guaranteed the 2nd round pick , add another 2nd rounder .... Whatever needed to be done

If we paid that much for a legwand I'd really hate to see what we'd give up for a top 4 dman now ... now I don't even want us to make that deal , rather toughen it out and keep our guys

Look at sheahan everyone thought he'd be a bottom 6 guy and he's been awesome , way exceeded our expectations .... You just never know until you give them a few games

True or you can say nashvilles roster isn't near as good as ours so imagine if he was playing here with a nyquist or Alfie on his wing .... If he was here I think he'd of gotten some points

The deal was put in 1 minute before the deadline, there was no time left for bargains, he tried everything possible, and in the end he gave poile what he wanted, because he had no choice and no time left.

My issue is with the fact that every time he scores a point people are like "OMFG he scored another point!!" big freakin deal, we needed an asset, we had to give up an asset. End of story.Stop collectively pining for our ex-girlfriend, she's gone and we're dating a cougar now. (Age joke about legwand, ftw!)

Yeah, because a tiny sample size on a completely DIFFERENT team is surely a great way to judge. Fair enough,but it's not about the judgment of LGW posters.It's about Hakan Andersson and he rarely makes the wrong prediction about his picks,Jarnkrok included.
Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Nobody knows what happened with the logistics of the deal except Holland, Poile, and maybe the NSA. Any guesses as to progression of negotiations are just conjecture and I don't believe they add much weight to any argument.

Stating a fact isn't conjecture, they were talking till the last minute before they made the deal. I didn't say Holland offered player x and poile declined, Holland was in a tough spot and Poile got as much as he could from Holland

A few points.

First, like I said earlier the, if I was in Poile's place I would have been asking for Tatar, Nyquist, or Jurco before Jarnkrok.

Second, Jarnkrok is a prospect. Tell me about how good he is in a couple seasons.

Third, Hakan Andersson is not the God he gets credited as. He misses on a lot of guys too, and he's not the only European scout they have. He's in charge of them but he's not working alone.

2 pts in 2games in NSH so far PISSED

Are people really gonna get upset and post in here every time he gets a single point?

Seriously though, I don't get why people are so worried. Holland is NEVER going to sell the farm. When was the last time he gave up one of our better prospects? Mathias? I don't see anyone flipping out about him getting 10 points in his last 11 games.

Holland made a trade he absolutely had to make. Real life isn't NHL 14. You're not gonna get guys like Legwand for a couple of picks unless you wanna make one of them a 1st rounder. And before anyone mentions Vanek, A solid 2 way center who works his ass off has more value than a one dimensional winger who is lazy on the back check. Especially when said center will very likely resign, and Vanek has specifically said he wants to test the market.

Up until this point, getting Legwand has been a season saving trade. More than worth a prospect. People should just do themselves a favor and stop getting angry every time Jarnkrok gets a point. If that's all you have to worry about in life, you got it pretty good.

Are people really gonna get upset and post in here every time he gets a single point?

Seriously though, I don't get why people are so worried. Holland is NEVER going to sell the farm. When was the last time he gave up one of our better prospects? Mathias? I don't see anyone flipping out about him getting 10 points in his last 11 games.

Holland made a trade he absolutely had to make. Real life isn't NHL 14. You're not gonna get guys like Legwand for a couple of picks unless you wanna make one of them a 1st rounder. And before anyone mentions Vanek, A solid 2 way center who works his ass off has more value than a one dimensional winger who is lazy on the back check. Especially when said center will very likely resign, and Vanek has specifically said he wants to test the market.

Up until this point, getting Legwand has been a season saving trade. More than worth a prospect. People should just do themselves a favor and stop getting angry every time Jarnkrok gets a point. If that's all you have to worry about in life, you got it pretty good.

You forgot to add moulson for 2 2nd round picks .... Again legwand is good but he's not a star , it shouldn't of cost us what we gave up to land him

You talk about us not trading the future away it's just 1 guy .... If we gave up a top 3? Top 5 ? prospect for legwand then what would we have to give up for a top 4 dman ? Tatar jurco 1st and ouellet type deal? F that (jarnkrok would of been better used in a deal like that )

And as for legwand love the addition he's surely helped us but I wouldn't say he's saved our season alone .... He's not the reason nyquist has exploded and has been scoring at will .... If anything he's the one who's saving our season with his goal production , I'd still say we would be in the playoff hunt if legwand wasn't here

Just my opinion

You forgot to add moulson for 2 2nd round picks .... Again legwand is good but he's not a star , it shouldn't of cost us what we gave up to land him

You talk about us not trading the future away it's just 1 guy .... If we gave up a top 3? Top 5 ? prospect for legwand then what would we have to give up for a top 4 dman ? Tatar jurco 1st and ouellet type deal? F that (jarnkrok would of been better used in a deal like that )

And as for legwand love the addition he's surely helped us but I wouldn't say he's saved our season alone .... He's not the reason nyquist has exploded and has been scoring at will .... If anything he's the one who's saving our season with his goal production , I'd still say we would be in the playoff hunt if legwand wasn't here

Just my opinion

Moulson is also a winger. Like I said, centers have more value. Jarnkrok isn't a star either, and most likely never will be.

And like I said before. No Legwand makes this a team with only one line that can score. That becomes easy for teams to shut down, and we don't do things like go 3-0-1 in the last 4 games with all of our eggs in one basket. There is absolutely no chance this team is in a wild card spot without this trade happening. You're convincing yourself otherwise, because you are too hung up on giving up Jarnkrok.

You don't get a top six 2-way center with a couple 2nd round picks. This isn't a video game.

Edited by marcaractac

Moulson is also a winger. Like I said, centers have more value. Jarnkrok isn't a star either, and most likely never will be.

And like I said before. No Legwand makes this a team with only one line that can score. That becomes easy for teams to shut down, and we don't do things like go 3-0-1 in the last 4 games with all of our eggs in one basket. There is absolutely no chance this team is in a wild card spot without this trade happening. You're convincing yourself otherwise, because you are too hung up on giving up Jarnkrok.

You don't get a top six 2-way center with a couple 2nd round picks. This isn't a video game.

Jarnkrok is a top prospect and you don't give them up for 33yr old ufa's(doesn't matter he will probably resign here)

And in my opinion legwand is a good 2way center but no way on a good team is he a top 6 guy , I'd say he'd be a perfect 3rd line guy

You talk about how we wouldn't be succeeding with 1 line scoring well it's pretty much been the kids who have taken over and maybe a few others . Legwand has 7 Pts and 3 in one game right?so basically 4 pts in 9 games which is nothing to brag about

Nyquist tatar alfredsson sheahan has been the main guys up front of late ...... I might be a little obsessed with jarnkrok as you say but I think your giving legwand way too much credit , he's not our saviour

Jarnkrok is a top prospect and you don't give them up for 33yr old ufa's(doesn't matter he will probably resign here)

And in my opinion legwand is a good 2way center but no way on a good team is he a top 6 guy , I'd say he'd be a perfect 3rd line guy

You talk about how we wouldn't be succeeding with 1 line scoring well it's pretty much been the kids who have taken over and maybe a few others . Legwand has 7 Pts and 3 in one game right?so basically 4 pts in 9 games which is nothing to brag about

Nyquist tatar alfredsson sheahan has been the main guys up front of late ...... I might be a little obsessed with jarnkrok as you say but I think your giving legwand way too much credit , he's not our saviour

what 3rd line center is putting up 45-50 points/year, and being defensively sound?

He's currently a top 6 here isn't he? And he was in Nashville cause they never had any forward on the team .... I'm saying I don't think he's a top 6 player in actuality

I am saying he is, he can put up the points, he has even put up over 60 points before, and has 47 points this year. Flip was our 2nd line center for some time and only put up 40 points/year. I would love to have enough depth to have him as a 3rd center, but that doesn't mean isn't top 6. He isn't a superstar, but he is good defensively, and is a good playmaker who chips in a few goals. Most 3rd line centers put up 15-30 points/year, he doubles that production.

I am saying he is, he can put up the points, he has even put up over 60 points before, and has 47 points this year. Flip was our 2nd line center for some time and only put up 40 points/year. I would love to have enough depth to have him as a 3rd center, but that doesn't mean isn't top 6. He isn't a superstar, but he is good defensively, and is a good playmaker who chips in a few goals. Most 3rd line centers put up 15-30 points/year, he doubles that production.

Legwand got 60 pts once

if a player keeps getting a lot of ice time chances are they'll rack up points , now if weiss actually wakes up then he's gonna likely be our 2nd Line guy no? In fact if sheahan keeps playing the way he is by next season or 2 yrs I'd think he'd be ahead of him

Jordan staal got 40 + on the 3rd line in Pittsburgh ....berglund has 30 + so far .... Brad Richards and brassard have 46 and 40 now ... Couturier 35 PTs so far .... Only checked a few teams

Chances are if your 3rd line center is getting 15-30 pts the team is likely one of the bottom teams or battling for a spot

Legwand would be a perfect 3rd line guy in my opinion

He's currently a top 6 here isn't he? And he was in Nashville cause they never had any forward on the team .... I'm saying I don't think he's a top 6 player in actuality

I'd love to hear your reasoning for that...

And...you just posted it as I asked...

I disagree. Top 6 for sure.

Once again, you undervalue Legwand, and overvalue Jarnkrok. Legwand certainly is a 2nd line center. For you to say he isn't a top 6 forward on a good team is actually kind of insane. This is the cap era. Teams don't get to have 50 point guys on their 3rd line anymore. Maybe a team will luck out and have that for 1 year, but even that doesn't happen much.

I agree. The kids have been huge for us. But without Legwand actually giving us a top line for other teams to focus on shutting down, the kids wouldn't find as much success as they currently are. 7 points in 9 games for Legwand has been fantastic, considering everything else he brings to the table as well. If you want to cheer for a team that is afraid to trade a young player or two to improve their team for a playoff run, I'm sure the Oilers would welcome you with open arms.

Legwand got 60 pts once

if a player keeps getting a lot of ice time chances are they'll rack up points , now if weiss actually wakes up then he's gonna likely be our 2nd Line guy no? In fact if sheahan keeps playing the way he is by next season or 2 yrs I'd think he'd be ahead of him

Jordan staal got 40 + on the 3rd line in Pittsburgh ....berglund has 30 + so far .... Brad Richards and brassard have 46 and 40 now ... Couturier 35 PTs so far .... Only checked a few teams

Chances are if your 3rd line center is getting 15-30 pts the team is likely one of the bottom teams or battling for a spot

Legwand would be a perfect 3rd line guy in my opinion

Jordan Staal on the 3rd line. And where is he now? A team cannot cap-wise sustain that kind of production on their 3rd line in this league today.

Once again, you undervalue Legwand, and overvalue Jarnkrok. Legwand certainly is a 2nd line center. For you to say he isn't a top 6 forward on a good team is actually kind of insane. This is the cap era. Teams don't get to have 50 point guys on their 3rd line anymore. Maybe a team will luck out and have that for 1 year, but even that doesn't happen much.

I agree. The kids have been huge for us. But without Legwand actually giving us a top line for other teams to focus on shutting down, the kids wouldn't find as much success as they currently are. 7 points in 9 games for Legwand has been fantastic, considering everything else he brings to the table as well. If you want to cheer for a team that is afraid to trade a young player or two to improve their team for a playoff run, I'm sure the Oilers would welcome you with open arms.

Jordan Staal on the 3rd line. And where is he now? A team cannot cap-wise sustain that kind of production on their 3rd line in this league today.

And you over value legwand and undervalue jarnkrok .... Guess well never agree

You don't think teams know nyquist is the guy they have to keep there eye on? Having legwand won't prevent teams from checking nyquist ... Nhl know he's got the hot hand now

Legwand got 40+ in Nashville cause they don't have Any players it all depends on the situation nhl players are in .... You think he'd be a 2nd line guy in Boston with Bergeron and krejci? Flyers with giroux schenn ...Pitts Crosby malkin .... Us if we're healthy and weiss wakes up? Rangers ? (Didn't check every single lineup)

I can tell if you I'd he went to islanders he'd. Be a top 6 ... Florida? Calgary? Winnipeg ? Those aren't top teams though .... Hey on a good team he's a great 3rd line center and that will only benefit the redwings having him on the 3rd line it'll give us more depth and more challenges to other teams

And yes staal is gone but there's teams that have 3rd line guys with 40+ pts , if your 3rd line guys getting 20 pts then most chances are the teams struggling

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

You don't think teams know nyquist is the guy they have to keep there eye on? Having legwand won't prevent teams from checking nyquist ... Nhl know he's got the hot hand now

Legwand got 40+ in Nashville cause they don't have Any players it all depends on the situation nhl players are in .... You think he'd be a 2nd line guy in Boston with Bergeron and krejci? Flyers with giroux schenn ...Pitts Crosby malkin .... Us if we're healthy and weiss wakes up? Rangers ? (Didn't check every single lineup)

I can tell if you I'd he went to islanders he'd. Be a top 6 ... Florida? Calgary? Winnipeg ? Those aren't top teams though .... Hey on a good team he's a great 3rd line center and that will only benefit the redwings having him on the 3rd line it'll give us more depth and more challenges to other teams

And yes staal is gone but there's teams that have 3rd line guys with 40+ pts , if your 3rd line guys getting 20 pts then most chances are the teams struggling

Do you think Kesler, Backes and Dubinsky are top 6 forwards?? Because they have almost an identical points per game as Legwand and are also good defensively...

Teams like Boston and Philly wouldn't sign Legwand because they already have 2nd line centers. Be realistic here. The teams who would sign Legwand are teams who need someone like Legwand. Boston wouldn't go and sign him for s***s and giggles. If he went to the Islanders? Guess what. They become a better team. A cup contender? No. Because they are missing more than just centers at this point. Legwand was good for 40+ points on a team that barely scored. A team that depended on a solid defensive system and low scoring to win games. Legwand on a team like a healthy Red Wings team will likely be a 60 point player.

But either way, I'm done with this thread. It is silly at this point. It has become a thread of people complaining every time Jarnkrok gets a point. It is pointless. There is no longer a constructive discussion in here. You keep going on saying everyone suddenly thinks jarnkrok is a useless prospect. No, he is not. But he is useless to us because he is with Nashville now. That will not change. So if you want to keep stressing out as if Jarnkrok is all but guaranteed to be a big star, go ahead. I, along with many Wings fans, can actually see the positives in this trade and not dwell on what ifs.

So glad we have a GM who isn't willing to give up on a season because he is too afraid to trade 1 prospect, when we still have many others, and will continue to draft more.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that the two lines of thinking aren't mutually exclusive.

Chances are we did overpay for Legwand because Poile would be the worst GM in the world to not make us overpay. He had us over a barrel and he knew it, why not try and get more than you would under normal circumstances? If we weren't so injured he'd likely have asked for less rather than lose Legwand for nothing in July.

However, that doesn't mean that Legwand is bad, or wasn't worth the price, or that he isn't playing a huge role in our recent successes.

There are a lot of instances when a team overpayed for someone AND it turned out to be a good move. I bet Columbus isn't regretting the Wisniewski signing right now, nor Toronto the Kessel trade.

So congrats, everybody is a winner in this debate.

Edited by kipwinger

Do you think Kesler, Backes and Dubinsky are top 6 forwards?? Because they have almost an identical points per game as Legwand and are also good defensively...

didn't i also say some teams don't have too many good forwards that some guys get to play in top 6 roles and get more ice time???

Kesler and backes are 2nd line guys Dubinsky depending on the team in question I'd consider more of a really good 3rd line guy

Fran's nielson has 50 pts with the islanders .... Does that make him a top 2 center on most good teams? All depends on the teams and rosters he's taken advantage of a weak islanders roster

Teams like Boston and Philly wouldn't sign Legwand because they already have 2nd line centers. Be realistic here. The teams who would sign Legwand are teams who need someone like Legwand. Boston wouldn't go and sign him for s***s and giggles. If he went to the Islanders? Guess what. They become a better team. A cup contender? No. Because they are missing more than just centers at this point. Legwand was good for 40+ points on a team that barely scored. A team that depended on a solid defensive system and low scoring to win games. Legwand on a team like a healthy Red Wings team will likely be a 60 point player.

But either way, I'm done with this thread. It is silly at this point. It has become a thread of people complaining every time Jarnkrok gets a point. It is pointless. There is no longer a constructive discussion in here. You keep going on saying everyone suddenly thinks jarnkrok is a useless prospect. No, he is not. But he is useless to us because he is with Nashville now. That will not change. So if you want to keep stressing out as if Jarnkrok is all but guaranteed to be a big star, go ahead. I, along with many Wings fans, can actually see the positives in this trade and not dwell on what ifs.

So glad we have a GM who isn't willing to give up on a season because he is too afraid to trade 1 prospect, when we still have many others, and will continue to draft more.

Well what the hell do you think I'm saying???? On a really good team he'd be a good 3rd line player which is where he's better suited at .... Why would Boston sign him for s***s and giggles ? How stupid of a comment is that?

How about putting him in the 3rd line ? How much better would the bruins be with legwand on the 3rd line

Just because your a top 6 guy with the Nashville predators doesn't make you a top 6 forward everywhere in the nhl

You say legwand will get 60 + pts with the redwings (which he got once in his career , and he's 33 now not 23)I'd say when we're healthy he'd be a perfect 3rd line guy which will give us a deeper team and hed continue to get his 40 pts

I never said jarnkrok would be a sure fire nhl superstar I said he was a top prospect .... And what the hell are you going on about??? Maybe you need to reread posts ...... After jarnkrok was dealt most people were acting like we gave up a tvrdon type prospect who was never gonna be anything in the nhl,a bottom 6 guy when in fact he was a highly touted prospect of ours for years who had finally made a turn with the griffins that's what pisses me off the most

It's as if we would of traded mrazek for legwand instead and people tomorrow would be like ah well mrazek was never gonna play in the nhl anyways he'd lucky to be a backup ... Great trade!

That's what gets to me

Well what the hell do you think I'm saying???? On a really good team he'd be a good 3rd line player which is where he's better suited at .... Why would Boston sign him for s***s and giggles ? How stupid of a comment is that?

How about putting him in the 3rd line ? How much better would the bruins be with legwand on the 3rd line

Just because your a top 6 guy with the Nashville predators doesn't make you a top 6 forward everywhere in the nhl

You say legwand will get 60 + pts with the redwings (which he got once in his career , and he's 33 now not 23)I'd say when we're healthy he'd be a perfect 3rd line guy which will give us a deeper team and hed continue to get his 40 pts

I never said jarnkrok would be a sure fire nhl superstar I said he was a top prospect .... And what the hell are you going on about??? Maybe you need to reread posts ...... After jarnkrok was dealt most people were acting like we gave up a tvrdon type prospect who was never gonna be anything in the nhl,a bottom 6 guy when in fact he was a highly touted prospect of ours for years who had finally made a turn with the griffins that's what pisses me off the most

It's as if we would of traded mrazek for legwand instead and people tomorrow would be like ah well mrazek was never gonna play in the nhl anyways he'd lucky to be a backup ... Great trade!

That's what gets to me

highly touted prospects don't turn out to be great nhl players all the time. People were upset about the trade, then there were those who stepped back and looked at the trade rationally, we got a legit 2nd line center(yes he is) for a unproven prospect and a draft pick pretty much, nothing wrong with that trade, because it NEEDED to be made. Jarnkrok had never even stepped on the nhl ice, and we needed someone we knew we could rely on. Maybe Jarnkrok will be a top 6 guy, maybe not, but right now he isn't and he would have been useless for us trying to make the playoffs. We have given lots ok kids a chance to make a name for themselves in the nhl over the last 2 seasons, unfortunately under the circumstances we had to let our highly rated center prospect go, we still have Sheahan, Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Legwand, Weiss, Helm and Glendening. I won't lose any sleep over if and buts

highly touted prospects don't turn out to be great nhl players all the time. People were upset about the trade, then there were those who stepped back and looked at the trade rationally, we got a legit 2nd line center(yes he is) for a unproven prospect and a draft pick pretty much, nothing wrong with that trade, because it NEEDED to be made. Jarnkrok had never even stepped on the nhl ice, and we needed someone we knew we could rely on. Maybe Jarnkrok will be a top 6 guy, maybe not, but right now he isn't and he would have been useless for us trying to make the playoffs. We have given lots ok kids a chance to make a name for themselves in the nhl over the last 2 seasons, unfortunately under the circumstances we had to let our highly rated center prospect go, we still have Sheahan, Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Legwand, Weiss, Helm and Glendening. I won't lose any sleep over if and buts

Your right .... Not all top prospects are sure nhl players ... Just bugs me everyone was acting like he was a nobody prospect we gave up

You just never know what you'd got until you play the kids , look, at sheahan everyone thought he was gonna be a bottom 6 guy but he's been really impressive and proving he might be a 2nd line center after all

Anyways gonna take a break from all this and do my workouts before the habs game starts lol

Your right .... Not all top prospects are sure nhl players ... Just bugs me everyone was acting like he was a nobody prospect we gave up

You just never know what you'd got until you play the kids , look, at sheahan everyone thought he was gonna be a bottom 6 guy but he's been really impressive and proving he might be a 2nd line center after all

Anyways gonna take a break from all this and do my workouts before the habs game starts lol

Nobody is acting like he is a nobody prospect. You're making that up. People are being rational and saying he, like almost every other prospect, is never a sure thing. Both teams got what they needed out of this trade. Just accept it and move on. Regardless of how he turns out, there is absolutely no chance he would have stepped in and filled the role Legwand is filling RIGHT NOW. That is what the trade comes down to. Stop assuming everyone is saying Jarnkrok is a nobody prospect. Nobody has said that at all.

There is a difference between being happy with the trade and thinking Jarnkrok is a nobody. You're acting as if there is no middle ground here.