• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

gcom007

Legwand to Detroit for Eaves, Jarnkrok + cond 3rd/2nd

Rate this topic

When I was watching the trade deadline coverage on TSN, Bob MacKenzie said as clear as day that the Red Wings felt Jarnkrok wouldn't play for the organization. He wanted big time minutes in the big league, that wasn't going to happen with the Wings so he wanted out.

We traded a player who might be good, but who didn't want to play here. It's that simple no need for all the dramatics.

If this is true, it just goes to show howf****** boss a kid like Nyquist is to keep his mouth shut, put in the work, and wait for his chance.

About time? That is what e got him for isn't it , I just hope he doesn't disappear from the scoresheet for 4-5 games no since he got his 2 pt game

And your criticism of Legwand is pretty transparent.

You didn't like the trade, so David will have to win the Conn Smyth in order for you to be happy. Buuuuuut you still won't be.

Edited by rick zombo

Get ready for all the "Holland should have given him a shot" & "Jarkrok would have gotten us a top 4 dman" responses :lol:

Ya let's get those responses .... instead of the we needed a center so we overpaid for an old ufa argument all time time and jarnkrok was expendable garbage ? Lol ... Please

And people keep comparing jarnkrok to Matthias ....like I said I don't recall Matthias ever being a top 3 prospect that was praised about for years .... If I'm wrong I apologize in advance

If this is true, it just goes to show howf****** boss a kid like Nyquist is to keep his mouth shut, put in the work, and wait for his chance.

And your critism of Legwand is pretty transparent.

You didn't like the trade, so David will have to win the Conn Smyth in order for you to be happy. Buuuuuut you still won't be.

I wanted legwand here ... Didn't like the price we paid still don't ... I'm entitled to my opinion just like anybody else

Ya let's get those responses .... instead of the we needed a center so we overpaid for an old ufa argument all time time and jarnkrok was expendable garbage ? Lol ... Please

And people keep comparing jarnkrok to Matthias ....like I said I don't recall Matthias ever being a top 3 prospect that was praised about for years .... If I'm wrong I apologize in advance

I wanted legwand here ... Didn't like the price we paid still don't ... I'm entitled to my opinion just like anybody else

Like someone else has stated. Jarnkrok was never going to play for the Wings. I'm glad that was brought up, as this trade makes even more sense now. I like how you conveniently ignore that post so you can keep complaining about the trade. He wanted big minutes in the NHL, and was unwilling to earn them. Because of that, he was never gonna play here. So we got a legit center that we were in desperate need of to make a run for the playoffs. Both sides got something they needed. Both sides are happy. But hey, keep on bumping this thread every time he gets an assist. I'm sure everyone loves it.

Matthias was also a highly touted prospect. People lost their minds when he was traded as well. And oh look, the team has been just fine.

Like someone else has stated. Jarnkrok was never going to play for the Wings. I'm glad that was brought up, as this trade makes even more sense now. I like how you conveniently ignore that post so you can keep complaining about the trade. He wanted big minutes in the NHL, and was unwilling to earn them. Because of that, he was never gonna play here. So we got a legit center that we were in desperate need of to make a run for the playoffs. Both sides got something they needed. Both sides are happy. But hey, keep on bumping this thread every time he gets an assist. I'm sure everyone loves it.

Matthias was also a highly touted prospect. People lost their minds when he was traded as well. And oh look, the team has been just fine.

Conveniently ignored the post lmao .... If Ferraro Callahan pulkkinen got called up .... There is no way in hell he shouldnt of gotten called up , we had tons of injuries we could of called him up 2-3 games and see what he brought to the team ...as I've stated he played with quite a few guys in Grand Rapids and I'm sure he would of had instant Chemistry with them

Legwand has been good so far but nothing to brag about , he isn't the reason were making a playoff push and I find it hard to believe if he wasn't here the kids wouldn't still be producing

I googled matthias and the only article I could find he was projected to be a good bottom 6 2- way guy type hard worker , and was ranked 11 .... He was nowhere highly touted as jarnkrok was

Look you love the trade and that's good for you and the others honestly that's your opinion ... Mine is I don't like it and I won't change my mind like you and the others won't

If jarnkrok becomes a disaster and sucks ass or retreats to Sweden I'll come here and gladly say I was wrong about jarnkrok and he wasn't the player I thought he was gonna be .... That being said it won't change the fact at the time the trade was made we overpaid for legwand and could of used him in a blockbuster deal

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

Conveniently ignored the post lmao .... If Ferraro Callahan pulkkinen got called up .... There is no way in hell he shouldnt of gotten called up , we had tons of injuries we could of called him up 2-3 games and see what he brought to the team ...as I've stated he played with quite a few guys in Grand Rapids and I'm sure he would of had instant Chemistry with them

Legwand has been good so far but nothing to brag about , he isn't the reason were making a playoff push and I find it hard to believe if he wasn't here the kids wouldn't still be producing

I googled matthias and the only article I could find he was projected to be a good bottom 6 2- way guy type hard worker , and was ranked 11 .... He was nowhere highly touted as jarnkrok was

Look you love the trade and that's good for you and the others honestly that's your opinion ... Mine is I don't like it and I won't change my mind like you and the others won't

If jarnkrok becomes a disaster and sucks ass or retreats to Sweden I'll come here and gladly say I was wrong about jarnkrok and he wasn't the player I thought he was gonna be .... That being said it won't change the fact at the time the trade was made we overpaid for legwand and could of used him in a blockbuster deal

Lol we could have used him in a blockbuster deal? For who? He is an unproven 22 year old center. No on is going to trade you Shea Weber for the guy.

This thread makes me long for someone to vomit on my eyeballs so I don't have to read it.

Or I could not click on it, but dammit I'm on mobile and I hate having that one bolded thread...watching me...taunting me...beckoning me into its darkness...

Sorry, what were we talking about? Oh yeah. I'm glad we got Legwand. Wish Jarnkrok all the best, because apparently his best was never going to be here.

*moonwalks out of thread performing Michael Jackson's underrated hit LEAVE IT ALONE*

He got his few games in at the NHL level. He has some secondary assists and a couple bad penalties that led to goals against at bad times. Like Washington tying last nights game. Hardly the type of start that would get him the top line minutes he wants on this Red Wings permanently.

When the cap issues prevented Nyquist from being on the roster, he kept his head up, said the right things, and played his heart out in Grand Rapids. Jarnkrok was wanting unearned big NHL minutes. This is the Red Wings. Not Edmonton Oilers. Kids have to earn their way here. Was Nyquist tearing it up right off the bat? Not at all. But he kept working at it and kept getting better. He had the right attitude, Jarnkrok didn't. That's why we have Nyquist tearing it up, and why the latter is gonna be stuck in Nashville where their big name players will leave the first chance they get.

You're getting hung up on this 'top rated prospect' thing while ignoring the fact that he was never gonna get the ice time he wanted here and wanted out as result. This has been confirmed on trade deadline day by a guy who knows what he's talking about. Nobody is saying you can't think it is a bad trade. But at some point, you have to realize it is all said and done. It can't be reversed. Getting pissed at Holland every time he gets an assist isn't going to change it. Getting pissed about it is not gonna prevent Holland from making moves that has to be made going down the road.

I'm the one who brought up Matthias and you seem to have missed my point. I was not claiming he was a top pick. I said that the wings have kept their prospects and don't need to be taught to think twice about giving up a top prospect (as you have said). They have been quite stingy in giving up youth for quite some time. I used Matthias as an example for how long it's been since the wings have given up a prospect. The fact that Matthias was not a top 3 prospect just further shows that the Legwand trade was special circumstance. Management didn't just randomly make the trade. They know better than us how good Jarnkrok might be and felt the sacrifice was justified.

He got his few games in at the NHL level. He has some secondary assists and a couple bad penalties that led to goals against at bad times. Like Washington tying last nights game. Hardly the type of start that would get him the top line minutes he wants on this Red Wings permanently.

When the cap issues prevented Nyquist from being on the roster, he kept his head up, said the right things, and played his heart out in Grand Rapids. Jarnkrok was wanting unearned big NHL minutes. This is the Red Wings. Not Edmonton Oilers. Kids have to earn their way here. Was Nyquist tearing it up right off the bat? Not at all. But he kept working at it and kept getting better. He had the right attitude, Jarnkrok didn't. That's why we have Nyquist tearing it up, and why the latter is gonna be stuck in Nashville where their big name players will leave the first chance they get.

You're getting hung up on this 'top rated prospect' thing while ignoring the fact that he was never gonna get the ice time he wanted here and wanted out as result. This has been confirmed on trade deadline day by a guy who knows what he's talking about. Nobody is saying you can't think it is a bad trade. But at some point, you have to realize it is all said and done. It can't be reversed. Getting pissed at Holland every time he gets an assist isn't going to change it. Getting pissed about it is not gonna prevent Holland from making moves that has to be made going down the road.

It sure as hell is gonna me holland think twice about dealing a dare I yet say it again ... Top prospect if jarnkrok turns out to be a star in Nashville ... I can guarantee you that

And we got lucky nyquist didn't demand a trade or we could of been kicking ourselves , a lot of players in his shoes would of asked for one and he wouldn't of been wrong .... Wasn't Tatar threatening to leave? Well thankfully for us we wished up on that one and gave him a chance

It sure as hell is gonna me holland think twice about dealing a dare I yet say it again ... Top prospect if jarnkrok turns out to be a star in Nashville ... I can guarantee you that

And we got lucky nyquist didn't demand a trade or we could of been kicking ourselves , a lot of players in his shoes would of asked for one and he wouldn't of been wrong .... Wasn't Tatar threatening to leave? Well thankfully for us we wished up on that one and gave him a chance

It isn't gonna teach Holland a thing, as he literally almost never makes these kind of trades. It was a circumstance where he HAD to make a move for a center. You act as if he needs to be taught a lesson to never trade a kid again. Yet he is the most stingy GM in the league when it comes to trading prospects since the cap era. Look it up. You're acting as if trading away prospects is Holland's MO, when it is the complete opposite of that.

Lucky Goose didn't ask for a trade? Please... Nyquist getting all that AHL time is the reason why he is finding so much success at the NHL level right now. It is why this team is able to develop prospects so well. It is why this franchise has been the envy of the league for a long time. Same goes with Tatar. He didn't threaten to leave, he said he wasn't going to play in the AHL anymore, which we all knew considering, you know, he was out of AHL options and had to be with the big club anyway. Goose and Tatar earned their way into the lineup. They weren't just handed their ice time. Jarnkrok didn't want to earn his ice time. He wanted it right away. That is why the kids we do have are thriving, and why Jarnkrok is gone.

It isn't gonna teach Holland a thing, as he literally almost never makes these kind of trades. It was a circumstance where he HAD to make a move for a center. You act as if he needs to be taught a lesson to never trade a kid again. Yet he is the most stingy GM in the league when it comes to trading prospects since the cap era. Look it up. You're acting as if trading away prospects is Holland's MO, when it is the complete opposite of that.

Lucky Goose didn't ask for a trade? Please... Nyquist getting all that AHL time is the reason why he is finding so much success at the NHL level right now. It is why this team is able to develop prospects so well. It is why this franchise has been the envy of the league for a long time. Same goes with Tatar. He didn't threaten to leave, he said he wasn't going to play in the AHL anymore, which we all knew considering, you know, he was out of AHL options and had to be with the big club anyway. Goose and Tatar earned their way into the lineup. They weren't just handed their ice time. Jarnkrok didn't want to earn his ice time. He wanted it right away. That is why the kids we do have are thriving, and why Jarnkrok is gone.

He didn't have to make the trade he chose to do it ... As I've stated the reason were currently in the playoffs are the kids

I never said nyquist asked for a trade ... I was mentioning Tatar threatening about leaving ...As i recall there were rumors he'd go to the khl

And yes the kids did earn there way into the lineup but you can also say the only season there getting more ice time now is because the big guns are out .... Thus increased ice time and confidence ... Thus increased productivity

I'm not saying they wouldn't of produced but who knows if nyquist would of exploded like he has if zetterberg and datsyuk and weiss were here

And another thing about jarnkrok and other European prospects it's easy to judge them that they didn't wanna put the time in and didn't have what it takes , the attitude etc...

Let's remember canada and the u.s isn't there homes so I'm sure for a lot of kids it's not easy leaving behind there loved ones .... Some like Tatar might be able to toughen it out In the minors for 4 years while others might do a year or so then figure if I won't play in the nhl I'll go back to my family and friends

Just saying I can understand that perspective , doesn't mean the player sucks or can't be in the nhl .... And let's be real love the redwings but there way too loyal ..... Samuelsson clearly bertuzzi should never of been brought here and nyquist and Tatar should of been here at the start of last season

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

I frankly couldn't give two hoots what happens to Jarnkrok. Star or bust. Whatever. And actually, come to think of it, if he does become a star, then that means the Wings scouting guys have still got what it takes.

And KH needs to be taught a lesson? Really? This isn't Mike Milbury we're talking about. It's not like we did a Brian Burke and gave up two first round picks for Phil Kessel. Legwand was never and never will 'blow anyone away' but he is what he is. A proven two way veteran who adds a hell of a lot more to a hockey club than an unproven 22 year old jock who thought he was better than everyone else and didn't want to work for his chance. I think the only reason we are seeing Jarnkrok have decent success thus far is because he's playing on a team that can just give him a boatload of minutes without him having to earn it. We needed a C after Dats, Weiss, Helm Z were out. I don't care how good the kids were playing at that point, we were toast if we don't make that trade.

Trades won't ever please everyone, because there is the perspective and evaluation that everyone has about certain things. And everyone is entitled to their opinions. But seriously, it was 3+ weeks ago now, the team is playing well, we're getting guys back, and we're making a promising run towards the finish line and right now we're in pretty good shape. Don't we think that we'd be best served focusing our time/energy on that rather than moaning about what could have been?

Edited by wings4thecup06

Matthias was projected as 3rd line checker and 07 Wings team were Stanley Cup contender,therefore it was piece of cake to trade away top prospect for veteran depth.

Jarnkrok is projected as 2nd line 2-way center and 14 Wings team are hm...so it hurts much more to lose top prospect for veteran player.

Not a good example people.

We had a desperate need for a solid proven two way nhl center and a leader for all these kids that we have in the lineup. Now we don't. We seem to be keeping our picks so we can easily replace Jarnkrok, and we are super deep at C for the next 5 years anyways. Why is this so hard to understand?

Jarnkrok has 5 pts in 5 games, I watched him miss yesterday's shootout, but he's 1 for 2 on the shootout.

If Nashville is using this 19 y/old this much already, perhaps the Wings missed something.

Just saying...

He's 22, and he wanted lots of minutes without earning it. We need team players, not egos.

Jarnkrok has 5 pts in 5 games, I watched him miss yesterday's shootout, but he's 1 for 2 on the shootout.

If Nashville is using this 19 y/old this much already, perhaps the Wings missed something.

Just saying...

He's 22, and he wanted lots of minutes without earning it. We need team players, not egos.

And seriously, where on earth was he going to play? with what ice time? Couldn't have seen him get more than 7-8 minutes a night. I doubt he'd have 5 points in 6 games with half the amount of ice time

Lol we could have used him in a blockbuster deal? For who? He is an unproven 22 year old center. No on is going to trade you Shea Weber for the guy.

Obviously not ... But if you we're gonna something like that now we have to lose one more good prospect now than we would of needed to

This thread makes me long for someone to vomit on my eyeballs so I don't have to read it.

Or I could not click on it, but dammit I'm on mobile and I hate having that one bolded thread...watching me...taunting me...beckoning me into its darkness...

Sorry, what were we talking about? Oh yeah. I'm glad we got Legwand. Wish Jarnkrok all the best, because apparently his best was never going to be here.

*moonwalks out of thread performing Michael Jackson's underrated hit LEAVE IT ALONE*

I'm sure I can work myself up to vomit if your down Edited by nyqvististhefuture

We had a desperate need for a solid proven two way nhl center and a leader for all these kids that we have in the lineup. Now we don't. We seem to be keeping our picks so we can easily replace Jarnkrok, and we are super deep at C for the next 5 years anyways. Why is this so hard to understand?

It's not legwand who's gonna help us get in and it's not his leadership that got nyquist and Tatar going .... Despite all of our disagreements here it think everyone here can agree on the fact if not for the kids we have no chance of getting into the playoffs

As for being super deep at center despite injuries or not weiss has been a bust last 2 years that's a fact ... He'd better wake up next season for our sakes .... Legwands 34 ... Zetterberg gonna be 34 and datsyuk 35'and the last 2 have suffered injuries last few seasons so not like there always healthy so we can't count on them playing 82 games a season every year

Where's the next center to come up and take over? Everyone's getting older .... I know you'll say we can s

Draft some but as we all know it's not easy to say well draft them and they'll be nhl players

We need good players .

And seriously, where on earth was he going to play? with what ice time? Couldn't have seen him get more than 7-8 minutes a night. I doubt he'd have 5 points in 6 games with half the amount of ice time

We had a ton of injuries ... He could of played with nyquist and Franzen at one point .... Tatar jarnkrok nyquist could of been another line ... Alfredsson was on the third line for some time he could of plays with him ....would of been easy to find him spots lots of guys here he played with in Grand Rapids

This thread already induces headaches. That sentence does not help... :sleepy:

I'm replying to a bunch of people im getting headaches as well! Cut me some slack! Lmao .... At least you can say I'm not a sheep and stick to what I believe lol give me that

Anyways meant to say if we were gonna make a blockbuster deal for a defensemen now that jarnkrok is gone we're gonna have to lose an extra prospect than we would of needed to ifwe make the deal

Instead of say for example jarnkrok a first and pulkkinen athanisiou for whoever now we're gonna have to add say a Tatar instead and jarnkrok is gone as well ( not saying well trade Tatar just tryin to make an example )

Anyways I'm going workout lol break time f*** lol

Are we just rounded up ages on everyone over 30 now?

No idea what that means ....talking about the centers? Edited by nyqvististhefuture

Sheahan is 22, Helm is 27, Andersson is 25, Nyquist has played C, he's 24. Glendening is 24. Nestrasil is coming on at GR, he's 23. Janmark was drafted last year and he's further along than most 2013 drafts because he's played in Sweden's elite league and he's 21. Athanasiou has played C before, he's 19. We have young centers in the system.