• Please log in to reply
1226 replies to this topic

#241 Red Kingdom

Red Kingdom

Rookie

• Pip
  • 129 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 04:28 PM

Bob McKenzie on TSN saying that reports are Jarnkrok is supposed to be going back to Sweden with a deal to play there next season. If that's true, that's why he was included in the deal. So much whining and crying for a player that may not have seen the light of day in Detroit. Get over it, kids, prospects come and go. Some succeed, some don't. And the Wing have had plenty over the years that were rated high and when they played in the NHL were duds. It happens.

#242 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,295 posts

It would be nice if Jarnkrok fails to report to his new team. Then I'll have immediate satisfaction instead

#243 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,232 posts

I think people are a bit quick to stomp on the panic button here. What a lot of you aren't considering is Jarnkrok's verbal desire to return to Europe and play hockey over there. If that is the case down the line, Eaves and a 3rd for Legwand isn't bad, especially if Legwand re-signs here. 

Look at how many we have injured and Eaves still barely makes the line-up. We have a lot of players that can fill in his role. A 3rd might equate to a bottom 6 forward in 5-6 years, the rarity of getting a gem in the 3rd doesn't outweigh the risk. 

A lot of this decision was based around Jarnkrok potentially pulling a Kovalchuk and bailing out of the NHL system. If that happens, a lot of you are gonna feel better about this deal. I'm assuming management knows more about this scenario than we do. 

Take a deep breath, this isn't the end of the world.

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#244 e_prime

e_prime

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 04:29 PM

So if he goes to Sweden...how does that work out for nashville and can he come back to detroit at some time?

No.  With transfer agreements and such, he'd be a Euro prospect for Nashville.

(AtomicPunk @ February 4, 2010 - 12:16AM)

Imma let you finish, and your cap numbers are all good and all that, but imma let Kenny figure it out. Kenny's cap numbers were the best cap numbers this year.

#245 DickieDunn

DickieDunn

http://redwingsandotherthings.wordpress.com/

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts

@dickie if not his groin something else....

We'll see

Edited by DickieDunn, 05 March 2014 - 04:29 PM.

Oh this young man has had a very trying rookie season, with the litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country's refusal to accept him, well, I guess that's more than most 21-year-olds can handle... Ogie Ogilthorpe!

#246 roboturner

roboturner

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 473 posts

First the Quincy trade

Then resigning Sammy

Then resigning Cleary

Now This????

GET THE f*** OUT HOLLAND!!

This might be getting a little heated. Just know I don't hate any of you guys.

That doesn't mean that I respect ideas & opinions. Some ideas & opinions are ridiculous.

In fact, if you confront my ideas & opinions, that will lead to a discussion. (We're on a discussion board after all. Don't forget that!)

:bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1:

#247 Wingsfan72

Wingsfan72

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 428 posts

Even if Jarnkrok IS leaving for Sweden next year this is still a HUGE overpayment.  Way too much of a risk.  Eaves a third and Ferraro would have been more than fair.

If he decides he likes it in Nashville this trade is very likely going to haunt us for years.

If I die tell my wife I said, "Hello".

#248 achildr1

achildr1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Why does that matter lol

It means that the Preds had no leverage to command more for him...just like Iginla last year...Legwand decides where he goes. And we still got fleeced.

#249 joshy207

joshy207

Black Ace

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 04:30 PM

I can picture f***in Bert, Legwand, and Cleary laughing it up on a line together. FML. 

We can call them the "Black Aces Line"

#250 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,755 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 04:30 PM

And now the phase begins where Wings fans lie to themselves and play UP Jarnkroks skill and potential to disguise this as a horrible trade.

Fixed it for you.

We have way too many people thinking that Jarnkrok was a top tier talented prospect.  The fact of the matter is that he wasn't.  He was a above average rated prospect with a C level probability of success.  I have watched this guy in Grand Rapids, and while he is good, he isn't elite by any stretch of the imagination. 

Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#251 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,062 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 04:31 PM

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 1m

Holland said the third round pick they sent to Nashville becomes a second round pick if Wings make playoffs.

There's gotta be truth to the Jarnkrok news, otherwise: FLEECED.

#NOMOREKINDL

#252 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,762 posts

the third indeed becomes a 2nd if we make the playoffs, ugh

#253 brooklynsour

brooklynsour

Fedorov

• PipPip
  • 229 posts

It's well documented that he's had a bad groin since camp. Who Weiss or leg wand?

#254 T-Ruff

T-Ruff

BAMF

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

3rd becomes a 2nd if the Wings make the playoffs according to Khan

#255 Wingsfan72

Wingsfan72

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 428 posts

On a positive note, "Welcome home, David!"

If I die tell my wife I said, "Hello".

#256 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Who gives a f*** if he wanted to go to brynas .... He could play a year and come back when he's 23

I find it hard to believe legwand a 33 yr old ufa is the best we could of had for jarnkrok .... Tsn said this deal was in just before 3pm .... Was definitely a panic move

Disaster trade

#257 e_prime

e_prime

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts

I think people are a bit quick to stomp on the panic button here. What a lot of you aren't considering is Jarnkrok's verbal desire to return to Europe and play hockey over there. If that is the case down the line, Eaves and a 3rd for Legwand isn't bad, especially if Legwand re-signs here. 

Look at how many we have injured and Eaves still barely makes the line-up. We have a lot of players that can fill in his role. A 3rd might equate to a bottom 6 forward in 5-6 years, the rarity of getting a gem in the 3rd doesn't outweigh the risk. 

A lot of this decision was based around Jarnkrok potentially pulling a Kovalchuk and bailing out of the NHL system. If that happens, a lot of you are gonna feel better about this deal. I'm assuming management knows more about this scenario than we do. 

Take a deep breath, this isn't the end of the world.

Honestly didn't know about the desire by Jarnkrok to return to Europe until just now.

Yes, it would.

Yes, they do.

Thanks for talking me down.

(AtomicPunk @ February 4, 2010 - 12:16AM)

Imma let you finish, and your cap numbers are all good and all that, but imma let Kenny figure it out. Kenny's cap numbers were the best cap numbers this year.

#258 DickieDunn

DickieDunn

http://redwingsandotherthings.wordpress.com/

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 04:32 PM

Eaves-no big deal

conditional pick, 2nd or 3rd- not a big deal

Jarkrok-guy who may never play in the NHL if he really wants to go back home.  Not a big deal.

Legwand was the best center moved.  Detroit got him.

Oh this young man has had a very trying rookie season, with the litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country's refusal to accept him, well, I guess that's more than most 21-year-olds can handle... Ogie Ogilthorpe!

#259 Wings10

Wings10

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

I bet he will be on the Preds roster next season..contributing.

#260 sputman

sputman

4th Line Baggage

• HoF Booster
  • 3,077 posts

3rd becomes a 2nd if the Wings make the playoffs according to Khan

2nd becomes Datsyuk if we win the cup according to Khan.

Posted Image