• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

gcom007

Legwand to Detroit for Eaves, Jarnkrok + cond 3rd/2nd

Rate this topic

If it's obvious that Jamkrok is better, then why hasn't he been up here instead of Anderson?

Uh, because he spent his whole career on a much larger ice surface in another country and needed more than 30 games to acclimate himself. And Andersson is significantly older (prospect wise).

Well... I don't like the price that Holland paid (including Jarnkrok) for a rental....perhaps he's out of practice on wheeling and dealing... But it's an acceptable trade.

B-

Legwand

"He currently holds virtually every franchise record for the Predators, including most games played, goals, assists, and points."

Sounds a lot like that one Weiss guy

Except healthier

Let's have a look at the positives of this trade though:

1. Legwand has 40 points in 60 games under Barry Trotz's Nashville system

2. Legwand waived his NTC to come here, has a place here, so chances are he re-signs here (hopefully for a good cap hit)

3. Our centre depth is ridiculous, and will be for at least another 4-5 years (D,Z, Legwand, Weiss, Helm, Sheahan, Andy, Glendening) which made Jarnkrok expendable (Babcock would have none of that attitude)

4. Legwand has managed to stay relatively healthy most of his career, whereas our other centres are made of glass right now

5. He's got great speed and is a decent 2 way centre (you can't play in Nashville if you're not a 2 way player)

All in all, Legwand makes our team look much, much better. He gives us a chance at the playoffs, especially since Datsyuk is now out for three weeks and Helm is out. Andersson as our 1C for one game is one game too many. On another note, I absolutely love Sheahan and his line. Their shifts are easily our most exciting shifts each game.

Our center depth is decent now, but in 4 -5 years?

Dats might be done, Zetterberg is going to be decidedly on the back-end of his career, as is Legwand.

Andersson is...passable I guess, Glendening is not a real hockey player. Helm can't seem to put more than 5 games together, and Weiss, almost a season into his DRW career, hasn't shown is anything at all.

It's like a lot of names, but really not a great group, IMO.

If it's obvious that Jamkrok is better, then why hasn't he been up here instead of Anderson?

Järnkrok isn't better, these are two players with completely different skillsets.

Andersson right now is good enough on his strong suits to play in the NHL and Järnkrok isn't good enough on his.

Järnkrok definitely has a lot more talent though and he could if everything pans out become a much better player but he has a long way to go first.

@mabusincarnate to give up what we did for a mediocre player past his prime, he'll be another cleary Bert Weiss.... I don't need any factual stats I seen him play he's nothing special and certainly not someone who will 'help carry' this team with our real stars injured....

Lol because factual stats dont determine how a good a player is ehh?

The Wings are a better team right now than they were at 8am this morning. Dont forget the Wings had Joakin Andersson as there #1 center last night. They needed a center. Sure Jarnkrok was a good prospect but he was doing nothing to help the wings right now. Legwand on the other hand has 40 pts on a bad Nashville team that really doesnt give him much support. He is not the scrub your trying to make him out to be. He will help Detroit. Plus he also brings in something the Wings desperately need.....someone whos healthy.

Eaves - No real value. He couldnt crack the lineup even with all the injuries. More than likely the Preds had to take him in the deal more than they sought him out.

Jarnkrok - Sure hes a good prospect but hes not the best prospect in the org. If the rumors of him bolting are true then his value is nothing to the Wings. The Wings will never say its true as they could be sanctioned by the league for not negotiating in good faith so we might never know. Nashville also can offer him a roster spot which is something the Wings couldn't for a couple more years. Holland knows a heck of a lot more of the situation than we do. Look how long it took Tatar and Nyquist to be getting minutes in Detroit and they were better prospects at the point of NHL entry than Jarnkrok is. He was atleast 2 years away from meaningful minutes and I dont think he accepts that.

Pick - A 4/3 conditional would have been better but this isnt to big of a loss. 2nd rounders are traded all the time and whoever is drafted wouldnt have influenced the Wings for atleast 5 years.

Legwand - Aging but still putting up solid numbers for a real bad team. Plays both ends. Sure he could be a rental but thats a rental at a position the Wings NEED someone at right now.

Simply put people here are putting Jarnkrok higher on pedestal than he really was and denouncing Legwand more than they should. To put it plainly one is a proven NHL player and the other was a unproven prospect who might have put the Wings in an NHL me or Im bolting situation. Easy call for a GM.

Judging by how the game day threads go most fans still want the Wings to be winning right now. If Holland had done nothing or gave up on the season there would be bigger riots here. Hopefully all those raging saying they are done with the Wings hold true to there words. It will be a lot more peaceful here.

This trade is gonna haunt me for a very long time

I can see it now .... Hanging out with friends at a summer BBQ .... Handed a beer .... Take a chug ... Remember janrkrok is no longer a redwings..... F*ckkkkkkkkkk! Whips beer lmao

Seriously though this trade is gonna hurt for a while ... Total stupidity on Hollands part .... To bad he didn't trade himself for Jim nill

Maybe the brains behind Holland the greatest GM in the league left with Nill, Yzerman, and Bowman. Adding another plug to the line up is what we need? How many plugs that he has signed are already in GR......... I actually like Legwand as a player. Hollands track record is starting to get pretty shakey. He needs to step to the plate this coming off season in a big way and get this team back to being a contender.

That's wtf I'm saying..... He'll be another wash up sorry to say like cleary Bert and Weiss. All those guys best years are in the past and with the injuries in recent years they only seem to be declining and j see legwand following that same path

Legwand hasn't had injuries in recent years, at least nothing capable of keeping him out more than a few games since 2010-2011, and the majority of his career he has been healthy, you're just stretching here, he is having a good season, and is healthy, that is what we need.

In the end, Holland made a move that gives the team a good chance at the playoffs while trading a spare forward, a draft pick, and a player who may never have played for the the Red Wings. If Jarnkrok decides a full time job in Nashville is worth staying for and he develops into a top 6 center, this trade should be viewed as a definitive win for Nashville. If Jarnkrok bolts or never develops, Detroit wins.

http://redwingsandotherthings.wordpress.com/2014/03/05/deadline-review/

And after they get bounced from the playoffs we get to hear Holland dust off the old gem of a speech 'well its important to get into the playoffs, anything can happen, had a bounce gone our way' etc etc etc. The realistic outcome of this trade is the Wings sold more of their future to keep a streak alive that is meaningless anyway.

That's wtf I'm saying..... He'll be another wash up sorry to say like cleary Bert and Weiss. All those guys best years are in the past and with the injuries in recent years they only seem to be declining and j see legwand following that same path

Right. Your comparing him to Bert now. Legwand is not 39 and washed up. Hes only 33 so if hes like a 33yr old Bert good deal since he was still a good player back then.

Legwand hasn't had injuries in recent years, at least nothing capable of keeping him out more than a few games since 2010-2011, and the majority of his career he has been healthy, you're just stretching here, he is having a good season, and is healthy, that is what we need.

No your just narrow minded looking st how this MIGHT get us into the playoffs.... If we would've clinched or something then okay... But its not even deffinite we will make playoffs and too give up a promising prospect and a pick is blasphemous

Maybe the brains behind Holland the greatest GM in the league left with Nill, Yzerman, and Bowman. Adding another plug to the line up is what we need? How many plugs that he has signed are already in GR......... I actually like Legwand as a player. Hollands track record is starting to get pretty shakey. He needs to step to the plate this coming off season in a big way and get this team back to being a contender.

At this point I don't want him to do anything more that will cause further future damage to the team .... Just be quiet sit down sip your coffee and have your donut and wait till the prospects come up