• Please log in to reply
1226 replies to this topic

#21 under_par_00

under_par_00

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:28 PM

I will be happy if we give up a 3rd or worse.  I don't think this trade involves any prospects.

This is pure speculation on my part.  Anything better than a 3rd, and it's a bad trade for us.

#22 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,611 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:28 PM

Why is everyone so down on Legwand? He's played every game this year, is leading Nashville's forwards in scoring, and instantly becomes one of our top scorers, too.  Not a superstar goal scorer, but he will likely finish the year with 15 goals at least.  And 30 assists so far isn't anything to shrug at on a team like ours that has trouble passing sometimes.

EDIT:  I was going off memory, so I'm wrong.  He won't be one of our top scorers.  He's played nearly twice as many games as anyone on our roster, but over a full season he'd probably fall in the middle of the pack.  Not bad, still.  Sort of like a Flip, 50-60 point guy.

Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#23 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,846 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:29 PM

What scares me is that this could be a sign that Weiss, Helm and/or Dats could be out for a long period. 

Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt

#24 ShanahanMan

ShanahanMan

DUUUUUUUUH

• Silver Booster
  • 5,780 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:29 PM

The guy has one assist and zero goals in last 7 games and is 33. If we are going for a rental, at least make it a good rental. Look at what Moulson went for, practically nothing.

Only pros is that he is a Detroit native (not suburbs, ACTUAL Detroit) and a center. 

Oh, and he is pretty consistent in playoffs.

Edited by ShanahanMan, 05 March 2014 - 03:30 PM.

I HATE JASON WILLIAMS

#25 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,035 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:31 PM

WAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!  No TRADE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!  LEGWAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The crying around here is out of hand.  No other good centers were moved, as long as they didn't give up too much (conditional picks) this is a good move.

It's a good move, but we needed a Defenceman as much as a center. So only 50% happy.

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#26 PredsFanTheBayouState

PredsFanTheBayouState

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 497 posts

:bye2: Geez,I did not really think that david legwand was gonna get traded,THANKS FOR 15 SEASONS LEGGY,Once A Pred Always A Pred.Good Luck in Detroit,aleast you are going to a team that i like now

:bye2:

Edited by PredsFanTheBayouState, 05 March 2014 - 10:21 PM.

#27 AusWing40

AusWing40

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 311 posts

Don't we have to trade a player to get him in...?

#28 Andrew Hasek 1986

Andrew Hasek 1986

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 71 posts

Thank you GM Ken Holland!! For Finally making a Deal!! Welcome David Legwand!! Get here to Detroit quickly!!

#29 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,390 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:32 PM

It's only a stopgap so meh the bigger point is I'm really worried about the Z and Pasha situation now maybe Z is done for the season (including PO if we make them) and Pashas injury is a bit more serious? :(

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

<< Win it for Mr. Hockey !

#30 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:33 PM

Really waiting on the deets, but seriously we need a center...we called up Emmerton if some of you haven't seen that yet...
....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#31 RusDRW

RusDRW

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,358 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:34 PM

the best trade since we flipped two second round picks for Stuart. It means the best in 6 years.

Sweet. This dude was brought here for one reason, to punch people in the head - every other thing that he can do, other Wings can do better. I like that we have a head-puncher. The league has other, better head-punchers, but this one is ours. Better than nothing. Good work, Kenny!

© mikah

#32 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,611 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:35 PM

Legwand has 40 points thus far. He's far from a scrub, like some people are suggesting.

What I find interesting is we don't have a recap yet with interviews from Holland like we normally do.

He might not be done yet.

Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#33 Din758

Din758

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:36 PM

Legwand is in fact from the burbs, went to Grosse Pointe North, my old high school (not bragging, just saying)

Crosby is a crybaby *****

#34 Son of a Wing

Son of a Wing

London Lions Captain

• Gold Booster
  • 1,945 posts

Eaves plus prospect plus 3rd in exchange for Legwand per Lebrun

"The leader must never close the gap between himself and the group. If he does, he is no longer what he must be. He must walk a tightrope between the consent he must win and the control he must exert."
Vince Lombardi

When asked who won, Babcock said, “Well it doesn’t really matter as long as you don’t lose. It’s like going bear hunting, you take a slow guy with you in case the bear is hungry.”

#35 unsaddleddonald

unsaddleddonald

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Pierre LeBrun

According to @GMillerTSN , Preds get Patrick Eaves, a prospect and a 3rd-round pick for Legwand

#36 sputman

sputman

4th Line Baggage

• HoF Booster
  • 3,082 posts

One rumor has a Nashville writer saying it's Eaves and Jarnkrok.

Posted Image

#37 redwings8831

redwings8831

redwings8831

• PipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:37 PM

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 14s

According to @GMillerTSN, Preds get Patrick Eaves, a prospect and a 3rd-round pick for Legwand

#38 hankzet40

hankzet40

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:37 PM

Eaves, a prospect and a pick according to TSN. WTF.

#39 Jersey Wing

Jersey Wing

Watching Eastern Conference hockey before it was cool...

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:38 PM

He's a solid defensive center, strong on faceoffs (and don't think that wasn't a huge component in this trade) and can anchor a third or fourth line and score a little. 

Eaves is headed out on this along with a prospect (they can't find right now per TSN lol) and a 3rd

I like it.

14767451334_8f0d14d8cb_o.jpg

#40 Wingsfan72

Wingsfan72

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:38 PM

Never mind 

Edited by Wingsfan72, 05 March 2014 - 03:38 PM.

If I die tell my wife I said, "Hello".