• Please log in to reply
1226 replies to this topic

#621 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,700 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:07 PM

Desperate need for the next 3 weeks, and in 5 weeks he becomes the 3rd or 4th center on a team that has 7 centers. 

And again, the team still has KYLE MF QUIENCY in it's top 4 defensemen. If a top defenseman wasn't a more pressing need than I dont know what is.

Would be interested in what you think would land us Ehrhoff or Edler. Starting price would be with one of Nyquist or Tatar.

#622 Internet.Unknown

Internet.Unknown

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:08 PM

I swear I'd jarnkrok is involved for a 3rd line center rental I'm changing teams ... I'd be pissed if he was involved for kesler but at least he's locked in for 2 yrs this makes no f'n sense

Better be a hoax

Legwand isn't worth 4-5per ....max I'd offer is 3.75 for 2-3 yrs unless we ship off weiss he'd be our 3rd line center

You're still here almost 4 hours later?

#623 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,841 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:10 PM

Which is long enough to potentially save the season and get us into the playoffs. Everyone whining now would do the same thing if we made no moves and missed the playoffs. The sky is always falling no matter what happens.

KYLE MF QUINCEY has been playing solid hockey for a while now. I'm sorry he isn't putting up Lidstrom numbers for you to get himself noticed.

Kyle Quincey is playing sold hockey? I mean the rest of what you said gentleman's disagreement, but KMFQ has been a trainwreck all season. He makes boneheaded passes, he's always out of position, he doesn't score, he doesn't block shots. I mean he's closer to the next Lebda than the next Lidstrom. 

And if you consider being first round fodder a saved season, you and I also deeply disagree on what a successful season is.

Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt

#624 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,671 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:11 PM

Would be interested in what you think would land us Ehrhoff or Edler. Starting price would be with one of Nyquist or Tatar.

Or Franzen...Maybe.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#625 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:12 PM

And Quincey likely won't be here next season putting up a roadblock for the likes of Sproul and Ouellet, whom at least one of them can start on the Wings and then look for a signing or a trade should they require more seasoning, though I firmly believe next year Ouellet is a Wing.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#626 Shaman

Shaman

• Silver Booster
  • 3,841 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:13 PM

Lets see, one of two players who are on good contracts, are able to man a PP, and are pretty good defensively? I would have parted with one of Nyquist or Tatar and a B level prospect and a 2nd round pick easily.

Why? Because they are under team control, they are relatively young, and they fill a need that doesn't disappear the second week of April.

Im Wasser verbrannt

#627 themcityblues

themcityblues

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 674 posts

It's funny how Eaves is barely in the discussion.  It's like we all forgot about him and shrugged at the "totally mediocre" hockey player being sent away.  I agree that Eaves was mediocre, but I wonder if Nashville liked the idea of Eaves equally as much as the idea of a prospect + pick.  He does seem to fit Nashville's play style.  And maybe Wings fans see Eaves as overtly middle-of-the-road because we have so many explosive young kids ready to bloom. He was a hard-worker with the potential to score 10-15 goals a season... not much less than Legwand.  And he's a lot younger, too.  Still, I'll bet we'll see that Legwand has a lot more skill than Eaves come Thursday night.

Edited by themcityblues, 05 March 2014 - 08:15 PM.

#628 DickieDunn

DickieDunn

http://redwingsandotherthings.wordpress.com/

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts

Wings were in on Kessler. Vancouver didn't trade him. They needed to make a trade for a center or pack it in. Ownership mandates the Wings push for the playoffs, Holland made the move he had to make.

Oh this young man has had a very trying rookie season, with the litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country's refusal to accept him, well, I guess that's more than most 21-year-olds can handle... Ogie Ogilthorpe!

#629 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,671 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:16 PM

Lets see, one of two players who are on good contracts, are able to man a PP, and are pretty good defensively? I would have parted with one of Nyquist or Tatar and a B level prospect and a 2nd round pick easily.

Why? Because they are under team control, they are relatively young, and they fill a need that doesn't disappear the second week of April.

So what if the rival GM doesn't want that offer?

Then what?

#630 Shaman

Shaman

• Silver Booster
  • 3,841 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:17 PM

Wings were in on Kessler. Vancouver didn't trade him. They needed to make a trade for a center or pack it in. Ownership mandates the Wings push for the playoffs, Holland made the move he had to make.

The Ownership is in Lakeland Florida right now. 

Im Wasser verbrannt

#631 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts

Kyle Quincey is playing sold hockey? I mean the rest of what you said gentleman's disagreement, but KMFQ has been a trainwreck all season. He makes boneheaded passes, he's always out of position, he doesn't score, he doesn't block shots. I mean he's closer to the next Lebda than the next Lidstrom. 

And if you consider being first round fodder a saved season, you and I also deeply disagree on what a successful season is.

So not making the playoffs is better than making it and having a fighting chance? I don't understand how people can call themselves a fan with this logic. But.... but... but higher draft pick! 

I'm glad the management has more pride than some if its own fans. Legwand helps this team compete while everyone heals up. When we get bodies back, we'll be better with Legwand than without. Why not just see how things pan out before ripping on Holland for making the deal? We got a good player that wants to be here. Lets just see what he can do. 

#632 Shaman

Shaman

• Silver Booster
  • 3,841 posts

So what if the rival GM doesn't want that offer?

Then what?

You still don't let Nashville fleece you for an aging center that is redundant around this time next month. 

Im Wasser verbrannt

#633 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,017 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:18 PM

It's funny how Eaves is barely in the discussion.  It's like we all forgot about him and shrugged at the "totally mediocre" hockey player being sent away.  I agree that Eaves was mediocre, but I wonder if Nashville liked the idea of Eaves equally as much as the idea of a prospect + pick.  He does seem to fit Nashville's play style.  And maybe Wings fans see Eaves as overtly middle-of-the-road because we have so many explosive young kids ready to bloom. He was a hard-worker with the potential to score 10-15 goals a season... not much less than Legwand.  And he's a lot younger, too.  Still, I'll bet we'll see that Legwand has a lot more skill than Eaves come Thursday night.

I don't think Eaves is mediocre.  He's a good bottom six player.  

But the Wings have a very similar player in Miller and Eaves contract is up at the end of the season.  It's just that it wasn't surprising of a move, and should allow him to play more in Nashville than he would have in Detroit. 

In terms of what the Wings gave up though I do agree he's being somewhat overlooked.  They gave up a decent roster player, a prospect, and potentially a 2nd rounder for what could be a 20 game rental.

#634 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:19 PM

More of a roster clearing move than anything I'd say. I'm glad Eaves will get some ice time now. The guy deserves it.

#635 Shaman

Shaman

• Silver Booster
  • 3,841 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:20 PM

So not making the playoffs is better than making it and having a fighting chance? I don't understand how people can call themselves a fan with this logic. But.... but... but higher draft pick! 

I'm glad the management has more pride than some if its own fans. Legwand helps this team compete while everyone heals up. When we get bodies back, we'll be better with Legwand than without. Why not just see how things pan out before ripping on Holland for making the deal? We got a good player that wants to be here. Lets just see what he can do. 

Being mediocre is not the sign of pride, its a sign of being too afraid to take necessary steps to fix problems. 

Bottom line Holland either has to nut up and make a real trade that address the Wings need for a goal scoring winger and a top 4 (preferably a 2 or 3) that can run a powerplay. Know what they call a team that uses Ken Holland's bandage strategy? The Flames.

Im Wasser verbrannt

#636 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,671 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:21 PM

You still don't let Nashville fleece you for an aging center that is redundant around this time next month. 

While I'm not really impressed with this trade - I dunno if I'd call it a fleecing...

I think we'll have to see how the respective players involved before we can form a lynching mob :lol:

#637 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,700 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:22 PM

I don't think Eaves is mediocre.  He's a good bottom six player.  

But the Wings have a very similar player in Miller and Eaves contract is up at the end of the season.  It's just that it wasn't surprising of a move, and should allow him to play more in Nashville than he would have in Detroit. 

In terms of what the Wings gave up though I do agree he's being somewhat overlooked.  They gave up a decent roster player, a prospect, and potentially a 2nd rounder for what could be a 20 game rental.

I think they know he's going to sign again in Detroit and so does Poile, which is why the price was so high.

I could be wrong, but just have that feeling.

#638 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:24 PM

I like Legwand,he's a perfect fit here,but no way I like the price we've payed to get him.

#639 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

ar133832518835694.jpg

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#640 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Nyquist is holding a good pace with 2008 Mule for points and Tatar is a top young talent that keeps getting better and is at .5 points per game in his 1st NHL season getting sparing minutes.  I wouldn't give up either of them at this point for anything less than a package deal to get a 1-2 Dman.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.