• Please log in to reply
1226 replies to this topic

#641 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,841 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:25 PM

While I'm not really impressed with this trade - I dunno if I'd call it a fleecing...

I think we'll have to see how the respective players involved before we can form a lynching mob :lol:

LGW right now:

mob.gif

Not really sure you want a part of this.

Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt

#642 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:32 PM

hope so, but curious whether that`s in fact what happens..I mean, is he supposed to come over to GR after his season is the SEL ends, or what`s the plan?

No idea ... Seems like every European now just wants to stay home and not stay here , this jarnkrok crap ... Dick axelsson and Johan ryno .... Maybe they don't wanna spend 2-3yrs in the ahl .... I just thank god zetterberg was good enough to get on the team right away I doubt he'd have spent 2 yrs in the ahl if our team was stacked and had no space for him

Wonder what could of happened with axelsson and ryno if they were given just 5-10 games with the wings

You're still here almost 4 hours later?

You're still here almost 4 hours later?

Yes

I'm pissed off

Smart ass

#643 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,195 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:34 PM

No idea ... Seems like every European now just wants to stay home and not stay here , this jarnkrok crap ... **** axelsson and Johan ryno .... Maybe they don't wanna spend 2-3yrs in the ahl .... I just thank god zetterberg was good enough to get on the team right away I doubt he'd have spent 2 yrs in the ahl if our team was stacked and had no space for him

Wonder what could of happened with axelsson and ryno if they were given just 5-10 games with the wings

Yes

I'm pissed off

Smart ass

Where are Axelsson and Ryno these days?  Maybe they'll join Avery on dancing with the stars?

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#644 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:38 PM

Where are Axelsson and Ryno these days?  Maybe they'll join Avery on dancing with the stars?

My point was they never got a chance to play here and they didn't wanna spend anytime in the ahl... Doesn't mean there awful players .... I know it's not the nhl but ryno's been having some good seasons

And Avery can play in the nhl , I thought he was an effective player .... Teams just didn't like his attitude

#645 Behind Enemy Lines in CO

Behind Enemy Lines in CO

Rookie

• HoF Booster
  • 145 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:39 PM

Lets see, one of two players who are on good contracts, are able to man a PP, and are pretty good defensively? I would have parted with one of Nyquist or Tatar and a B level prospect and a 2nd round pick easily.

Why? Because they are under team control, they are relatively young, and they fill a need that doesn't disappear the second week of April.

Thats all nice however what did Helene SJ say the Canucks wanted for Kesler:  Young forwards (plural), prospect and a 1st rounder.

So if we ASSUME that the Canucks would at least want the same for Edler then you have to compare that trade to the Legwand trade.

I'll play devil's advocate here and say they would want both Nyquist and Tatar, the prospect being of better quality than Jarnkrok (I believe Mantha was mentioned) and that oh-so-delicious 1st round draft pick which no one wants to give up.

Seriously, is everyone just pissed about the Legwand deal because we got Legwand for Eaves, Jarnkrok and the 3rd/2nd instead of Kesler or Edler?  

#646 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:40 PM

My point was they never got a chance to play here and they didn't wanna spend anytime in the ahl... Doesn't mean there awful players .... I know it's not the nhl but ryno's been having some good seasons

And Avery can play in the nhl , I thought he was an effective player .... Teams just didn't like his attitude

So we should start giving kids a spot in the lineup every time they get pissy and refuse playing in the AHL to develop their game? s*** I'm glad players with these attitudes get shown the door. We need team players, not big egos with me attitudes.

#647 Datsyukian-Deke

Datsyukian-Deke

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:41 PM

I can't really chime in with anything else that hasn't been said yet so far. The real winner today is Patrick Eaves getting a chance to be a regular somewhere. Good for him at least. As for Holland, it's sad that we can't boast that we have the best GM in the league anymore. The CBA has exposed him big time. In the NFL you can apparently trade picks for coaches...think we can send a 1st rounder and trade for a GM...like Stevie Y?

Edited by Datsyukian-Deke, 05 March 2014 - 08:42 PM.

#648 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,932 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:42 PM

Lets see, one of two players who are on good contracts, are able to man a PP, and are pretty good defensively? I would have parted with one of Nyquist or Tatar and a B level prospect and a 2nd round pick easily.

Why? Because they are under team control, they are relatively young, and they fill a need that doesn't disappear the second week of April.

You're upset we traded Jarnkrok. Who is 3-4 years from maybe being an effective NHL player for a center we desperately needed. But you'd give up Nyquist/Tatar for Erhoff?

#649 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:42 PM

Thats all nice however what did Helene SJ say the Canucks wanted for Kesler:  Young forwards (plural), prospect and a 1st rounder.

So if we ASSUME that the Canucks would at least want the same for Edler then you have to compare that trade to the Legwand trade.

I'll play devil's advocate here and say they would want both Nyquist and Tatar, the prospect being of better quality than Jarnkrok (I believe Mantha was mentioned) and that oh-so-delicious 1st round draft pick which no one wants to give up.

Seriously, is everyone just pissed about the Legwand deal because we got Legwand for Eaves, Jarnkrok and the 3rd/2nd instead of Kesler or Edler?  

Holland is being hated on because he wasn't able to steal a player away from another team. It's all Holland's fault that there aren't enough GMs as bad as Garth Snow. Shame on him.

#650 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,127 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:43 PM

Coming next season: The Wings trade Mantha for Hudler.

One trade means we're selling the farm now lol. This trade only made because we were desperate for a center. That's it.

#651 Behind Enemy Lines in CO

Behind Enemy Lines in CO

Rookie

• HoF Booster
  • 145 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:45 PM

Holland is being hated on because he wasn't able to steal a player away from another team. It's all Holland's fault that there aren't enough GMs as bad as Garth Snow. Shame on him.

Exactly.

#652 mackel

mackel

Bring Back Vernie

• PipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:46 PM

I read somewhere today that Vancouver wanted nyquist, Tatar, mantha and our 1st in 2014 for Kessler. I don't have the "source" at hand but that was said to be the ask for him.

#653 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:46 PM

In the end, it is wayyyyyyyy too soon to know if this trade is good trade or not. The overreaction is nuts. If we make the playoffs because of Legwand's help, those all upset now shouldn't even be allowed to cheer for them once the regular season ends  :lol:

#654 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,522 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:48 PM

Hey - we could demand Holland's resignation, and instead have Brian Burke as our GM.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#655 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,324 posts

I read somewhere today that Vancouver wanted nyquist, Tatar, mantha and our 1st in 2014 for Kessler. I don't have the "source" at hand but that was said to be the ask for him.

Good lord I didn't realize I didn't realize Kelser was the second coming of Christ.

#656 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts

So we should start giving kids a spot in the lineup every time they get pissy and refuse playing in the AHL to develop their game? s*** I'm glad players with these attitudes get shown the door. We need team players, not big egos with me attitudes.

No ... But with our current situation would it really of hurt us to give him a 20 game trial and see what he does in the nhl?? Do you really believe with all the injuries legwand is gonna make the difference it's us getting into the playoffs or not??

I'd much rather see what jarnkrok does , at worst he shows he's not ready and leaves for Sweden or another team offers him a better chance and we sign legwand In the off season

At best he surprises and shows us he can play .... Tatar also wanted out cause he was fed up of playing in the ahl for 4 seasons .... Look where he's at now ... Sheahan and jurco was also believed not to be ready

should of just given him a try .. That's my opinion

Edited by nyqvististhefuture, 05 March 2014 - 08:49 PM.

#657 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:49 PM

Hey - we could demand Holland's resignation, and instead have Brian Burke as our GM.

Oh god don't give them any ideas LOL

#658 Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:49 PM

Imagine the mob if that trade happened... lol

#659 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,621 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:50 PM

The Wings aren't going to ante up at the current asking price for Kesler — it'd cost some combination of Gustav Nyquist/Tomas Tatar/Tomas Jurco/Riley Sheahan, along with the Wings' first-rounder from last year, Anthony Mantha, plus the first-round pick in this year's draft.

http://www.freep.com...-trade-deadline

#660 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:51 PM

Well the price for the other big names moved today speaks that Ken had to make a better deal in Legwand trade.

Just my 2 cents.