• Please log in to reply
1226 replies to this topic

#681 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,344 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:11 PM

Another thing...remember mess at the beginning of the season with zillion wingers tootoo,bert,cleary,eaves,sammy,tatar,nyquist...

I'm afraid we're gonna have the same mess next season,but that time with centers.

At least it is easier for a center to play wing than it is for a wing to play center.

#682 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:13 PM

I'm not even saying that opinion is wrong. My only point is that it is too soon to get upset about it. It could take a few years to find out if this trade is good or not.

Well I'm just frustrated cause I think jarnkrok is too good a prospect to give up for a legwand type

Montreal got vanek for colberg ... I'd say janrkrok is better ... Yes I know vanek is a centr Just an example

#683 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,344 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:14 PM

Well I'm just frustrated cause I think jarnkrok is too good a prospect to give up for a legwand type

Montreal got vanek for colberg ... I'd say janrkrok is better ... Yes I know vanek is a centr Just an example

It's Garth Snow.... People REALLY need to stop comparing this trade to the trades Snow made. 

#684 DickieDunn

DickieDunn

http://redwingsandotherthings.wordpress.com/

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,515 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:15 PM

I'm not even saying that opinion is wrong. My only point is that it is too soon to get upset about it. It could take a few years to find out if this trade is good or not.

Which prospect us better is opinion. People also insisted Nyquist and Smith was the same as Silfverberg and Noesen.

Oh this young man has had a very trying rookie season, with the litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country's refusal to accept him, well, I guess that's more than most 21-year-olds can handle... Ogie Ogilthorpe!

#685 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:16 PM

No I think it's just you, nyquististhefuture and to a lesser extent pucktividi.

This whole thread has just turned into one huge rant for you guys.

an there were quite a few people who were upset but hey if you wanna pretend most wings fans are excited about this trade then by all means believe what you will

#686 Son of a Wing

Son of a Wing

London Lions Captain

• Gold Booster
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:17 PM

In terms of value, I don't think you're considering the fact that Vanek is a pure rental while Legwand might not be. (being from Michigan and all)

That's the way I'm looking at it for now.

"The leader must never close the gap between himself and the group. If he does, he is no longer what he must be. He must walk a tightrope between the consent he must win and the control he must exert."
Vince Lombardi

When asked who won, Babcock said, “Well it doesn’t really matter as long as you don’t lose. It’s like going bear hunting, you take a slow guy with you in case the bear is hungry.”

#687 fat guy in a maltby jersey

fat guy in a maltby jersey

3rd Line Checker

• Restricted
  • PipPip
  • 366 posts

i'm embarrassed to be a red wings fan today.

thanks a lot, ken.

#688 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,321 posts

It's Garth Snow.... People REALLY need to stop comparing this trade to the trades Snow made.

Kings didn't give up much for Gaborik

2 2nd rounders for moulson

Not just snow

#689 wingedominance13

wingedominance13

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:18 PM

So here is my two cents. I originally hated this trade. I thought Jarkrok was too good of a prospect to get rid of at this point in time. However, it basically came down to.. was Jarkrok worth letting go in order for us to have a best shot at making the playoffs? Jarkrok is good and IMO he will have a solid NHL career but this trade makes our team better today. If we get healthy and make the playoffs we have a fantastic forward core. (don't think we will get healthy but its a gamble the brass took). I think Legwand is a babcock type player and will fit in well here. He drives play towards the net and I absolutely hated him as a wings fan because he scored big goals against us and was for lack of a better term a pest. He fills a need today by sacrificing talent down the road. The team that takes the ice tomorrow will be better than the team that would have otherwise. So. I am content with this. Not thrilled, not mad. 

#690 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:18 PM

Ahhh off topic but Rangers got 2 quick goals at least f*** can't let the leafs gets 2 pts

#691 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:19 PM

Oh come on,both sides have very good points and concerns.

It's not even close to the Olympic thread discussion :lol:

#692 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:19 PM

Which prospect us better is opinion. People also insisted Nyquist and Smith was the same as Silfverberg and Noesen.

Well janrkrok was ahead of colberg at the same age

#693 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,238 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:20 PM

Tofolli is a proven NHL player. Garth Snow is an idiot and had his price way too high then it looked like nobody was going to take him so he threw Vanek at Montreal

#694 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:23 PM

In terms of value, I don't think you're considering the fact that Vanek is a pure rental while Legwand might not be. (being from Michigan and all)

That's the way I'm looking at it for now.

Oh I think he will resign unless he wants same salary .... I just don't think he will be the difference in us getting in the playoffs or not , not with all these ridiculous injuries .... I'd say we could of just signed him in the off season .... Seems like he wanted to come back home

Tofolli is a proven NHL player. Garth Snow is an idiot and had his price way too high then it looked like nobody was going to take him so he threw Vanek at Montreal

Amazing he's still got a job

Oh come on,both sides have very good points and concerns.

It's not even close to the Olympic thread discussion :lol:

I'm not mad we all got our own opinions ... In the end We all want what's best for the wings and we wanna win

#695 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,344 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:25 PM

So here is my two cents. I originally hated this trade. I thought Jarkrok was too good of a prospect to get rid of at this point in time. However, it basically came down to.. was Jarkrok worth letting go in order for us to have a best shot at making the playoffs? Jarkrok is good and IMO he will have a solid NHL career but this trade makes our team better today. If we get healthy and make the playoffs we have a fantastic forward core. (don't think we will get healthy but its a gamble the brass took). I think Legwand is a babcock type player and will fit in well here. He drives play towards the net and I absolutely hated him as a wings fan because he scored big goals against us and was for lack of a better term a pest. He fills a need today by sacrificing talent down the road. The team that takes the ice tomorrow will be better than the team that would have otherwise. So. I am content with this. Not thrilled, not mad. 

AMEN!! I was always SO nervous when facing them in the playoffs when he had the puck on his stick. The guy lives for big, timely goals. He is an underrated player. He would have been loved if he has gotten to play with a big market team. Now he got his chance. I bet he'll be fired right up tomorrow night.

#696 jimmyemeryhunter

jimmyemeryhunter

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:27 PM

Consider this:

Why would one of the better AHL prospects go home if they can make more money here and get a place on the big club soon? The Predators need offensive help their D and goaltending are set so it's not like he wouldn't have chance there. If he is indeed set on going back this deal would be better but till that happens I am not buying it.

I agree with you, except he won't make more money here.
At all.

#697 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:33 PM

Amazing he's still got a job

Chris Botta @ChrisBottaNHL Mar 4

The idea that Snow's job is in jeopardy in any way is wrong. Garth and Charles Wang are tighter than Mr. White's meth.

:lol:

#698 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,846 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:47 PM

Jarnkrok will thank Kenny Holland for trading him in his Hart Trophy acceptance speech in 2016.

AMEN!! I was always SO nervous when facing them in the playoffs when he had the puck on his stick. The guy lives for big, timely goals. He is an underrated player. He would have been loved if he has gotten to play with a big market team. Now he got his chance. I bet he'll be fired right up tomorrow night.

LOL.  

And I thought I was a nervous fan.  You were nervous when Legwand had the puck?   I can just see our divisional foes breaking a sweat every time Legwand has the puck.   

Edited by GMRwings1983, 05 March 2014 - 09:47 PM.

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#699 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,991 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:49 PM

Hard to judge the going rate on players through trade based on what Garth Snow gift wraps players for. 

Plus, Vanek is gonna test the market. Legwand wants to be here and will most likely help this team beyond this year.

Which, IMO, means we still have Weiss as a tradeable asset next summer. The Canucks will move Kesler next summer

#700 Wings10

Wings10

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:50 PM

Ahhh off topic but Rangers got 2 quick goals at least f*** can't let the leafs gets 2 pts

Leafs win in OT..at least Washington is getting smoked tonight