• Please log in to reply
1226 replies to this topic

#881 Hey man nice shot!

Hey man nice shot!

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 09:09 PM

Well just got back from a business trip.  Heard about this, but didn't have access to it.  VERY, stupid trade.  Why O Why do we never "overpay" for top end players but ALWAYS overpay for depth? 

because it makes it a hockey trade lol

#882 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,572 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 09:13 PM

It's not that I have a problem with Legwand, he's a good player.  I just don't like what we gave up, or the fact that he's not a defenseman.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#883 PredsFanTheBayouState

PredsFanTheBayouState

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 09:17 PM

It's not that I have a problem with Legwand, he's a good player.  I just don't like what we gave up, or the fact that he's not a defenseman.

hockey is business,trade like this happen all the time,you gotta let it go and deal with it

#884 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,572 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 09:20 PM

hockey is business,trade like this happen all the time,you gotta let it go and deal with it

This is literally the first time I've got to comment on the trade, I've been traveling for business and not near my computer. 

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

#885 DickieDunn

DickieDunn

http://redwingsandotherthings.wordpress.com/

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 10:16 PM

No good defensemen were moved, and they were all rentals.  The only reason they traded for Legwand even though he isn't signed next year is because they were desperate for a center, more than a d-man even, and him waiving his NTC to come here and the fact that he's from Detroit and grew up a Wings fan should mean they can extend him if they want to.  Vanek or Moulson are probably going to test the market no matter what, and they don't play center, so they weren't options.

Oh this young man has had a very trying rookie season, with the litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country's refusal to accept him, well, I guess that's more than most 21-year-olds can handle... Ogie Ogilthorpe!

#886 sjr2012

sjr2012

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:40 PM

This is literally the first time I've got to comment on the trade, I've been traveling for business and not near my computer. 

missed you Kip!

No good defensemen were moved, and they were all rentals.  The only reason they traded for Legwand even though he isn't signed next year is because they were desperate for a center, more than a d-man even, and him waiving his NTC to come here and the fact that he's from Detroit and grew up a Wings fan should mean they can extend him if they want to.  Vanek or Moulson are probably going to test the market no matter what, and they don't play center, so they weren't options.

i think if we get health and we decided to resign leggy wouldnt we have a over abundance of Cs?

try to get something by me i dare you

:goalie:

#887 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,572 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:52 PM

missed you Kip!

i think if we get health and we decided to resign leggy wouldnt we have a over abundance of Cs?

I'm on a business trip next week too, but at this rate I'm not too worried about missing anything haha.

#888 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 12:07 AM

I'm on a business trip next week too, but at this rate I'm not too worried about missing anything haha.

Mikey?? That you? You are a wings fan! .... Hahaha sorry Got a friend who's on a business trip as we speak and has another one Next week as well ... Couldn't help myself lol

#889 e_prime

e_prime

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 08:00 AM

missed you Kip!

They become trade assets either during the off-season (TRADEFRENZY* and/or at the draft)

*TSN will not sucker me into watching that this summer.

(AtomicPunk @ February 4, 2010 - 12:16AM)

Imma let you finish, and your cap numbers are all good and all that, but imma let Kenny figure it out. Kenny's cap numbers were the best cap numbers this year.

#890 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 08:20 AM

I think legwand looked pretty solid. Give him a few more games to get used to the style of play/constant line shuffling and he'll gel nicely with the team me thinks.

Not saying he's our saving grace but he seems to be pretty underrated around here.. I'm not upset with the trade at all.

Edited by amato, 07 March 2014 - 08:21 AM.

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#891 PredsFanTheBayouState

PredsFanTheBayouState

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 12:48 PM

Now,That David Legwand is a Detroit Red Wing,I sure hope Todd Bertuzzi Lets him use the ping pong table,LoL

Edited by PredsFanTheBayouState, 07 March 2014 - 12:49 PM.

#892 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,011 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 02:27 PM

Quick! Learn the difference between opinion and fact. Your statement "btw longterm future > streak" is opinion and one that the Red Wings management doesn't share. Happy Friday.

Do we know that management believes streak > long-term future? I don't think bringing Legwand aboard necessarily means we're "all-in." I think what it boils down to is that we're in a good position to make the playoffs, but, suddenly, our top four or five centers are out. Point being, it'd be a shame to throw away the season (and, quite possibly, all the extra profit that comes with making the playoffs), unless we're absolutely head-over-heels for someone in the draft.

As for me, I've accepted that the Legwand deal had to happen and that there's no way the Preds don't demand a crown jewel prospect, because they know how utterly desperate we are for Legwand's services.

On a sort-of-related note, trade Helm this summer. It's time.

Edited by Dabura, 07 March 2014 - 02:29 PM.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#893 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,011 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 03:03 PM

This has probably already been mentioned, but it's been reported that the Bruins almost got Edler.

http://prohockeytalk...comment-page-1/

Sound vaguely familiar?

Edited by Dabura, 07 March 2014 - 03:11 PM.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#894 DickieDunn

DickieDunn

http://redwingsandotherthings.wordpress.com/

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 03:12 PM

This has probably already been mentioned, but it's been reported that the Bruins had a deal in place for Edler but it fell through in the end.

Sound vaguely familiar?

Every time people complain about Holland, I want to point out things like this, and the fact that Snow essentially traded a 1st, 2nd, and conditional 5th for Collberg and a conditional 2nd.

Oh this young man has had a very trying rookie season, with the litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country's refusal to accept him, well, I guess that's more than most 21-year-olds can handle... Ogie Ogilthorpe!

#895 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 05:08 PM

Every time people complain about Holland, I want to point out things like this, and the fact that Snow essentially traded a 1st, 2nd, and conditional 5th for Collberg and a conditional 2nd.

Okay and? Just because there are people less competent at their job than Holland has been in the last few years doesn't mean that Holland gets a pass.

Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt

#896 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 05:13 PM

This has probably already been mentioned, but it's been reported that the Bruins almost got Edler.

Sound vaguely familiar? 

The B's key players are either in mid/late 20's or early 30's except Chara so they somehow have that luxury to dangle their top prospects and overpay, unlike the Wings.

#897 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 08:10 PM

Just got the hockey news top 50 nhl prospects mag

Jarnkrok #41 guess there dumb cuz he's projected to be a bottom 6 .... Sorry couldn't help myself lol

Anthony mantha #10 and Tomas jurco #32

For those curious top 10 Are as follows

Jonathan drouin
John Gibson
Teuvo teravainen
Filip forsberg
Ryan strome
Evgeny kuznetsov
Rasmus ristolainen
Nikita zadorov
Alexander wennberg
Anthony mantha

Wings top 5 prospects mantha jurco jarnkrok(ha) ouellet sheahan

On the horizon .... Sproul mrazek backman pulkkinen frk

#898 Dave

Dave

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 10:23 PM

Just got the hockey news top 50 nhl prospects mag

Jarnkrok #41 guess there dumb cuz he's projected to be a bottom 6 .... Sorry couldn't help myself lol

Anthony mantha #10 and Tomas jurco #32

For those curious top 10 Are as follows

Jonathan drouin
John Gibson
Teuvo teravainen
Filip forsberg
Ryan strome
Evgeny kuznetsov
Rasmus ristolainen
Nikita zadorov
Alexander wennberg
Anthony mantha

Wings top 5 prospects mantha jurco jarnkrok(ha) ouellet sheahan

On the horizon .... Sproul mrazek backman pulkkinen frk

Oh snap, that must be a guarantee of how amazing he will be! Look at this archive, shows you how amazingly accurate these prospect rankings are.

#899 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 12:40 AM

2 goals in jarnkrok's debut with Milwaukee tonight

And so it begins

#900 PredsFanTheBayouState

PredsFanTheBayouState

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 12:50 AM

2 goals in jarnkrok's debut with Milwaukee tonight

And so it begins

Jarnkrok on his debut: It was great. I think we played good the whole game and it was easy for me to fit in. I’m very happy to be here.