• Please log in to reply
1226 replies to this topic

#961 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 09:58 PM

Agree,there are many centers ahead of Jarnkrok in his 1st AHL season,no surprise,except some of them have major injury concerns and some are still in OHL and SEL which means 4-5 years from making the Wings team.

#962 ShanahanMan

ShanahanMan

DUUUUUUUUH

• Silver Booster
  • 5,776 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 10:07 PM

Jarnkrok with a goal and an assist tonight. 

I HATE JASON WILLIAMS

#963 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,832 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 10:16 PM

BiLq-KQCUAAttqJ.jpg

#964 Ekmanc

Ekmanc

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 10:23 PM

That's an incredibly sad graph.

#965 Nevermind

Nevermind

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 10:26 PM

BiLq-KQCUAAttqJ.jpg

I fully support a conservative trading philosophy. But lately, it's not like we're holding out for very good trades.

Giving up a first round pick was overpayment for Quincey even before he played a single awful game for us. And I still think Poile strongarmed Holland for Jarnkrok; we probably could have gotten away with less since Nashville didn't want to lose Legwand for nothing and he had a NTC.

#966 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 10:27 PM

Keeps getting better and better

#967 Nevermind

Nevermind

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 10:32 PM

Jarnkrok has proven he can be a point per game player in the AHL over the past 20 games. It's certainly not just a hot streak either; he seems to have gotten his offensive game together (after already being very good defensively).

Nyquist was also a point per game player in his first full AHL season at the same age (22). And we all know how good Nyquist is for us now...

#968 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,478 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 10:34 PM

Yes, in the AHL tonight. Not with Nashville. Give me a break.
"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#969 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 10:42 PM

Yes, in the AHL tonight. Not with Nashville. Give me a break.

Still racking up the pts .... Get yourself a kit kat

Jarnkrok has proven he can be a point per game player in the AHL over the past 20 games. It's certainly not just a hot streak either; he seems to have gotten his offensive game together (after already being very good defensively).

Nyquist was also a point per game player in his first full AHL season at the same age (22). And we all know how good Nyquist is for us now...

Jurco was also a pt per game guy when he came up this yr ....anyone know how many pts he's had now in like his last 15-20 games?

#970 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,478 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 10:52 PM

Still racking up the pts .... Get yourself a kit kat

Jurco was also a pt per game guy when he came up this yr ....anyone know how many pts he's had now in like his last 15-20 games?

No one's arguing that Calle's not playing well in the AHL or that he doesn't have NHL upside.

Holland's responsibility is to keep Detroit in the hunt. He's not going to stand pat and throw in the season towel just so we can horde B caliber prospects.
"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#971 roboturner

roboturner

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 10:57 PM

BiLq-KQCUAAttqJ.jpg

Does anybody else think this is mostly due to other teams not wanting to trade with us?? Thats quite a drop off from other teams.

EDIT: Average of 109 trades per team. And we had 33. Perhaps other teams just jack up the prices when the wings call, I mean every GM knows that for the last 23 seasons we've been buyers and not sellers.

Edited by roboturner, 08 March 2014 - 11:08 PM.

#972 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 10:59 PM

No one's arguing that Calle's not playing well in the AHL or that he doesn't have NHL upside.
Holland's responsibility is to keep Detroit in the hunt. He's not going to stand pat and throw in the season towel just so we can horde B caliber prospects.

I guess if jarnkrok is a b prospect then besides mantha and anyone in the wings line up then we are seriously screwed

Edited by nyqvististhefuture, 08 March 2014 - 11:00 PM.

#973 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,069 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 11:01 PM

Does anybody else think this is mostly due to other teams not wanting to trade with us?? Thats quite a drop off from other teams.

WE LIKE OUR TEAM

#974 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 11:03 PM

Kenny just sticks with the same team over and over and over again (Samuelson cleary bertuzzi Quincey) we always suffer injuries cause we always have injury prone players for some reason so when they come back we stand pat cause there our trade deadline moves (so holland says)

If he's gonna make moves like this id much rather prefer he stand pat unless it's for a stud dman or young star forward

WE LIKE OUR TEAM

Ahh One of Kenny's famous lines

#975 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,418 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 11:16 PM

So is this thread going to get bumped every time he gets a point in the AHL? Good lord lets wait until he proves he can score against NHL competition before posting about every point he gets.

#976 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 11:29 PM

So is this thread going to get bumped every time he gets a point in the AHL? Good lord lets wait until he proves he can score against NHL competition before posting about every point he gets.

Haha yes every jarnkrok nhl game till he breaks gretzkys point record ... Gonna haunt us all lmao

I'm Surprised there's no topic on the wings ranger game tomorrow yet it's a 1230 start ... I'm guessing it's the exact same lineup we had vs the devils??

Columbus Nj tor and Wsh got 2 pts f*ck and tb 1 ... Gotta win tomorrow

Edited by nyqvististhefuture, 08 March 2014 - 11:30 PM.

#977 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,418 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 12:11 AM

I'm Surprised there's no topic on the wings ranger game tomorrow yet it's a 1230 start ... I'm guessing it's the exact same lineup we had vs the devils??

Hopefully. Only with Howard in net due to Gus having spaghetti for a groin.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

#978 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,191 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 12:20 AM

Jarnkrok is not "B caliber." Again, Can we stop acting like he's a nobody? He was arguably our best prospect, and we have a deep pool.

I agree with the rest, though.

Well, actually, you may be painting Holland as a wee bit more proactive and aggressive and on-top-of-things than he really is/was. It took losing Helm to concussion protocol - on top of major setbacks to Weiss and Datsyuk (on top of Zetterberg's 12-year rehab) - for him to do something. It's possible we don't lose Jarnkrok if Holland doesn't wait until the last minute. Poile knew he was dealing with a very desperate man.

I think we can all agree that trading is not one of Ken Holland's areas of expertise.

Edited by Dabura, 09 March 2014 - 08:44 AM.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#979 Ally

Ally

just figured out how to change my title

• PipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 02:13 AM

I can't keep track of which people are mad about the trade and which are mad that we never make trades and the large group of people who seem to be upset about both.

Glad Kenny did something, we'll see how it turns out in the end but I'm not too upset. Have to give something to get something despite what many seem to think.

"Everything he does is exciting to watch.” -Holmstrom describes Datsyuk

#980 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,191 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 03:06 AM

I can't keep track of which people are mad about the trade and which are mad that we never make trades and the large group of people who seem to be upset about both.

Personally, I love that we landed David Legwand and hate that we lost Calle Jarnkrok. I'll feel a lot better about the whole thing if we make the playoffs and Legwand re-signs in the summer. If we don't make the playoffs and Legwand doesn't re-sign, I will riot. If we do make the playoffs but Legwand doesn't re-sign, I will riot. If we don't make the playoffs but Legwand does re-sign...I will probably riot.

(Note that by "riot" I mean "piss and moan on an internet forum.")

Don't Toews me, bro!