• Please log in to reply
1226 replies to this topic

#1021 FireCaptain

FireCaptain

This space for rent.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,907 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 11:25 PM

Skeletor approves of Calle and thinks he'll probably see NHL ice this season.

Where is this comparison to Z coming from?

“I’m not going to make any promises,” Trotz said. “But what I saw of him, and if he continues to play like he has been, I would say that from my standpoint, if we had some injuries I would like to take a look at him.”

The fact that the Predators were able to get a player some have compared to Red Wings captain Henrik Zetterberg was seen as a steal in many NHL circles.

http://www.tennessea...ators-affiliate

Most nights, my posts are brought to you by Heineken and sarcasm.
Success has a thousand fathers, failure is an orphan.
We not score, is hard to win. - Pavel Datsyuk #13

#1022 Son of a Wing

Son of a Wing

London Lions Captain

• Gold Booster
  • 1,775 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 11:46 PM

Where is this comparison to Z coming from?

“I like to think of him like a Zetterberg. He wants to have the puck, he wants to hold onto the puck all the time, he makes plays (for his linemates) and he knows how to score himself.” — Red Wings scout Ari Vuori (June 2010)

“He has great hockey sense, very tenacious, a lot of (Henrik) Zetterberg-type qualities. He’s strong on the puck, never gives up on the puck.” — Red Wings assistant GM Jim Nill (May 2012, MLive.com)

The Red Wings have likened Jarnkrok to Henrik Zetterberg and the potential is there for the hard-working, highly-skilled center to emerge as a front-line NHL talent over the next five years. -- RWC

RWC

"The leader must never close the gap between himself and the group. If he does, he is no longer what he must be. He must walk a tightrope between the consent he must win and the control he must exert."
Vince Lombardi

When asked who won, Babcock said, “Well it doesn’t really matter as long as you don’t lose. It’s like going bear hunting, you take a slow guy with you in case the bear is hungry.”

#1023 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,974 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 12:05 AM

“I like to think of him like a Zetterberg. He wants to have the puck, he wants to hold onto the puck all the time, he makes plays (for his linemates) and he knows how to score himself.” — Red Wings scout Ari Vuori (June 2010)

“He has great hockey sense, very tenacious, a lot of (Henrik) Zetterberg-type qualities. He’s strong on the puck, never gives up on the puck.” — Red Wings assistant GM Jim Nill (May 2012, MLive.com)

The Red Wings have likened Jarnkrok to Henrik Zetterberg and the potential is there for the hard-working, highly-skilled center to emerge as a front-line NHL talent over the next five years. -- RWC

RWC

Yeah. Red Wing peeps like to make these comparisons. 

Jurco’s been compared to Hossa.

Backman to Edler

Pulkinnen to Hull

Mantha to Vanek

And on and on. To tired and lazy to post links. 

It’s like music. When a band gets compared to Led Zeppelin, it doesn’t mean they are as good. 

Jarnkrok will be nowhere as good as Z. 

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#1024 Son of a Wing

Son of a Wing

London Lions Captain

• Gold Booster
  • 1,775 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 12:35 AM

Backman to Edler

Pulkinnen to Hull

Mantha to Vanek

It’s like music. When a band gets compared to Led Zeppelin, it doesn’t mean they are as good. 

Oh I'm with ya.  I was just showing where those comparisons were from.  

I could see Jarnkrok develop into a lesser version of Ryan O'Reilly.

"The leader must never close the gap between himself and the group. If he does, he is no longer what he must be. He must walk a tightrope between the consent he must win and the control he must exert."
Vince Lombardi

When asked who won, Babcock said, “Well it doesn’t really matter as long as you don’t lose. It’s like going bear hunting, you take a slow guy with you in case the bear is hungry.”

#1025 FireCaptain

FireCaptain

This space for rent.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,907 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 01:12 PM

Thanks for providing those. 

RWC

I can appreciate the comparisons about so-and-so is the next blah-blah. I think it easily allows people to conjure up an idea of what a player may be like without getting technical since we're not all NHL scouts. 

Do they all work out? No. 

Interesting to read? Yes, mostly. 

Backman to Edler

Pulkinnen to Hull

Mantha to Vanek

Most nights, my posts are brought to you by Heineken and sarcasm.
Success has a thousand fathers, failure is an orphan.
We not score, is hard to win. - Pavel Datsyuk #13

#1026 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,086 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 02:14 PM

No one thought Z would be half as good as he's become.

JUST SAIYAN

Don't Toews me, bro!

#1027 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,911 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 02:34 PM

No one thought Z would be half as good as he's become.

JUST SAIYAN

But then Z's scoring level went over 9000 and now everyone loves him

#1028 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,624 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 03:23 PM

how many "next Gretzky's" have we heard about too?

I do believe Jarnkrok will have a good career, but there is no need to compare him to anyone. For Nashville's sake, I hope it works out because they traded their franchise player for him.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#1029 saven

saven

Rookie

• Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 12:21 AM

Wow leftwinger I never thought of it that way. Leggy was the face of that team and they traded him for a pick and a prospect. They had better hope to hell that pans out or fans will not be happy. I can only imagine if we'd have traded yzerman for a pick and prospect and they would have been a bust we'd still be talking about it.
In explanation of my avatar: for those who understand no explanation is necessary, for those who don't google federko.

#1030 DickieDunn

DickieDunn

http://redwingsandotherthings.wordpress.com/

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 07:07 AM

Weber and Rinne are the faces of the team.

Oh this young man has had a very trying rookie season, with the litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country's refusal to accept him, well, I guess that's more than most 21-year-olds can handle... Ogie Ogilthorpe!

#1031 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,684 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 07:40 AM

Not that it matters much, but I don't think he's wrong in saying that Legwand was the face of their team.  He was with them for 15 years, leads their team in games played, goals, assists, points, and who was an alternate captain.  Certainly more so than Rhinne, and probably on par with Weber.  I sort of see it as being like Dats and Z, neither really being "the face" over the other.  But that's just my opinion on the matter.

Edited by kipwinger, 20 March 2014 - 07:43 AM.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#1032 RedWang

RedWang

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 07:59 AM

Just stopped by to upvote the DBZ references.

#1033 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,537 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 09:28 AM

Wow leftwinger I never thought of it that way. Leggy was the face of that team and they traded him for a pick and a prospect. They had better hope to hell that pans out or fans will not be happy. I can only imagine if we'd have traded yzerman for a pick and prospect and they would have been a bust we'd still be talking about it.

They had to. Couldn't re-sign him.

#1034 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,624 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 10:19 AM

If you recall, Scotty Bowman had Yzerman traded in 1994 to Ottawa....for Alexi Yashin! Yes, we'd still be talking about that one! Thank Goodness for Marian Ilitch!

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#1035 saven

saven

Rookie

• Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 01:20 PM

I do remember the heavy trade rumors early 90's which is why I brought it up.
In explanation of my avatar: for those who understand no explanation is necessary, for those who don't google federko.

#1036 Smite

Smite

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 03:40 PM

Nashville Predators Recall Calle Jarnkrok From Milwaukee

Nashville, Tenn. – Nashville Predators President of Hockey Operations/General Manager David Poile announced today that the club has recalled forward Calle Jarnkrok (KAHL-leh YAHRN-krohk) from Milwaukee (AHL). He is expected to make his NHL debut tomorrow night when the Predators take on the Calgary Flames (8 p.m. CT, FOX Sports Tennessee, 102.5 The Game).

"When the cast comes off, I ask my doctor, 'Have I recovered so I can play the violin?' The doctor says, 'But of course you can play the violin.' I say, 'Wow, this is great. Before this injury, I could never play violin at all. I must break the other hand so I can play guitar.'" –Pavel Datsuk on breaking his hand

#1037 Son of a Wing

Son of a Wing

London Lions Captain

• Gold Booster
  • 1,775 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 04:11 PM

Good for him.  Hope he gets a decent shot with them this year.

Edited by Son of a Wing, 20 March 2014 - 04:11 PM.

Vince Lombardi

#1038 PredsFanTheBayouState

PredsFanTheBayouState

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 04:35 PM

Yes!!!!,We finally get to see what Jarnkrok can do in the NHL,let's see what you got to offer to the preds,because the preds season has almost reached the bottom of the trash can

#1039 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 06:44 PM

Yes!!!!,We finally get to see what Jarnkrok can do in the NHL,let's see what you got to offer to the preds,because the preds season has almost reached the bottom of the trash can

Hope he's a star

#1040 PredsFanTheBayouState

PredsFanTheBayouState

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 07:03 PM

David Legwand was our first ever draft pick in 1998,he may have  not been the face of the team,but he was on the preds longer then both rinne and weber,That means something

Now, Our Power Play is suffering without him