• Please log in to reply
1226 replies to this topic

#1121 Son of a Wing

Son of a Wing

London Lions Captain

• Gold Booster
  • 1,900 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 02:07 PM

Apparently there was a bit of an "office meeting" with Legwand and Babcock this morning.

He's been demoted to 3rd line and they're not happy with his defensive play.

Source? I haven't seen Legwand centered out by anyone except the media...

"He's been good; I didn't think he was great (Thursday) but he was with some other veteran guys that weren't good either," Babcock said. "We didn't play very good, so we changed things during the game. We're just going to stay with what we finished (line combinations)."

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitne...3#ixzz2xHmUUeDf

They changed the line combos in game and have stuck with it.  They're doing there best to make it a bigger story than it is...

"The leader must never close the gap between himself and the group. If he does, he is no longer what he must be. He must walk a tightrope between the consent he must win and the control he must exert."
Vince Lombardi

When asked who won, Babcock said, “Well it doesn’t really matter as long as you don’t lose. It’s like going bear hunting, you take a slow guy with you in case the bear is hungry.”

#1122 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,280 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 02:08 PM

Apparently there was a bit of an "office meeting" with Legwand and Babcock this morning.

He's been demoted to 3rd line and they're not happy with his defensive play.

To which he's probably thinking "f*** you guys, this isn't my playoff race. Imma go play in Florida next year"

Edited by rick zombo, 28 March 2014 - 02:08 PM.

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#1123 ben_usmc

ben_usmc

Kenny Powers Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,829 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 06:53 PM

so far this trade looks like s*** and I really don't give a damn about Jarnkrok.  Legwand is going to be the new Cleary :(

There's no I in team, but there's a U in c***, so don't be little jealous c***s

#1124 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,950 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 08:59 PM

Another assist so far tonight - 5 points in 5 games. +5. 

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#1125 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 09:20 PM

Another assist so far tonight - 5 points in 5 games. +5.

Haha just saw

Congrats Nashville fans ! Keep it going and with any luck we pulled a habs and gifted a McDonough type prospect away

#1126 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,950 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 09:22 PM

Haha just saw

Congrats Nashville fans ! Keep it going and with any luck we pulled a habs and gifted a McDonough type prospect away

I literally felt like I was going to puke when I found out we traded him. I pray to god this isn't a sign of things to come. 

#1127 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 09:24 PM

I literally felt like I was going to puke when I found out we traded him. I pray to god this isn't a sign of things to come.

It's definetly a sign of things to come ... I was being pissed ...now I just want him to be star , it'll make us think twice next time we think of giving away a top prospect for nothing

#1128 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,950 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 10:19 PM

It's definetly a sign of things to come ... I was being pissed ...now I just want him to be star , it'll make us think twice next time we think of giving away a top prospect for nothing

He was on a major hot streak in the AHL too at the point where he was traded - like 19 points in 16 games. I will always see this as a panic move by Holland to try to make the playoffs. You'd think after Sheahan, Nyquist, Tatar all came up and played very well and produced he would have had faith in the farm system and that a high end player like Jarnkrok could pan out too. Now we have nothing at C in GR. To add insult to injury - Calle is a RH C which we haven't had in so long in our Top 6. 

#1129 Shinzaki

Shinzaki

Rookie

• Pip
  • 135 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 08:17 PM

I was OK with the deal when it was made....But I have to say, for a veteran returning to his hometown in a contract year...Legwand doesn't always have the highest "compete" level.

#1130 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,950 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 10:21 PM

I was OK with the deal when it was made....But I have to say, for a veteran returning to his hometown in a contract year...Legwand doesn't always have the highest "compete" level.

This seems to be a trend with our UFA signings that are 30+. It must be the country club atmosphere with guys like Bert, Cleary, Sammy being around and so easy to relate to. The kids work so hard because they compete against each other and rub off on each other.

#1131 Krayzie_Bone

Krayzie_Bone

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 12:14 AM

They needed a center so I think the deal was fine.

#1132 ShanahanMan

ShanahanMan

DUUUUUUUUH

• Silver Booster
  • 5,751 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 01:22 AM

They needed a center so I think the deal was fine.

You gotta look at it market value wise.

If this was like previous trade deadlines it night have seemed to better. But the fact that guys like Vanek and Moulson went for late round draft picks really makes this trade look bad.

I HATE JASON WILLIAMS

#1133 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,280 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 01:25 AM

If I were Holland, I would do this trade 10-out-of-10 times. f*** Jarnkrok. When Zetterberg came here from the SEL he made the Wings out of camp. Not after a couple of blanket tosses in the AHL. 

One thing the Wings are amazing at is talent evaluation. I doubt they trade Jarnkrok, panicked, or not, if they didn’t think the franchise could live with it. 

+ IF we make the playoffs this year, it will be in part due to Legwand’s contribution. 

And I actually think the playoff streak is important. And I actually think that if this team gets in, we may see good things. 

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#1134 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,943 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 07:45 AM

We had no room for Jarnkrok. Who on this team would he replace? He would have still been in Grand Rapids next year too with Datsyuk, Zetterberg, and Weiss back. When he'd finally get his shot, in 2015-16, he'd be 24. Plus there was rumors Jarnkrok was going to go home.

The Wings have fought and clawed their way back into a playoff spot the last 3 weeks, and Legwand has been a part of that. Holland turned someone stuck in Grand Rapids, or would go home, into someone who could help us now, and for the next 4 seasons.

If Jarnkrok's an NHL player, he has to prove it now, and that wasn't going to happen with the Wings. If he's playing well in Nashville, a team who could actually use him, then good for him for playing well so far.

Holland can't win, if he doesn't make a move people are upset, when he does, people are upset.

Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#1135 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,943 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 07:51 AM

If I were Holland, I would do this trade 10-out-of-10 times. f*** Jarnkrok. When Zetterberg came here from the SEL he made the Wings out of camp. Not after a couple of blanket tosses in the AHL. 

One thing the Wings are amazing at is talent evaluation. I doubt they trade Jarnkrok, panicked, or not, if they didn’t think the franchise could live with it. 

+ IF we make the playoffs this year, it will be in part due to Legwand’s contribution. 

And I actually think the playoff streak is important. And I actually think that if this team gets in, we may see good things. 

I agree, when I compare Jarnkrok to Datsyuk and Zetterberg, Dats and Z made the Wings 3 seasons after being drafted, and by the ages of 24 and 25, they were both top 5 or leading the team in points.

Compare that to Jarnkrok, he's on year 4, and still had a season or 2 before he'd be a Wing. He's 22 now, by the time he'd be in Detroit to stay he'd be 24 or 25. Datsyuk and Zetterberg were getting 60-80 points at the age of 24 and 25.

Jarnkrok should have made the Wings already.

Edited by Barrie, 30 March 2014 - 07:53 AM.

Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#1136 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 09:54 AM

One thing the Wings are amazing at is talent evaluation. I doubt they trade Jarnkrok, panicked, or not, if they didnt think the franchise could live with it. 

+ IF we make the playoffs this year, it will be in part due to Legwands contribution. 

Don't kid yourself legwand isn't a key factor in us making the playoffs ... I wanted him here but I'm not willing to say thank god we got legwand he really helped us get in .... You can say he plays a 2 way game and all that but fact is we got him here to be a top 6 guy and help us produce goals

So far as a redwing he's -7 and registered a point in only 3 games and have now found himself on he 3rd line even with us still missing zetterberg,datsyuk and weiss .... You can spin it any way you'd like but those are the facts

We don't get in the playoffs without the brilliance of our kids and some key saves from Howard of late at key times

And we might not be at 82 pts without legwand but I'd still say we'd be 78-82 without him ... That's my personal opinion and we'll just never know

If jarnkrok can contribute in Nashville with basically no top forwards there , there's no doubt in my mind he would of helped here as well ... Let's not forget he had chemistry with nyquist sheahan Tatar jurco

All guys he was a part of with and helped win the Calder cup .... I think he would of had pts in more than 3 games(which is what legwand has)

My opinion

Edited by nyqvististhefuture, 30 March 2014 - 09:59 AM.

#1137 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 09:56 AM

You gotta look at it market value wise.

If this was like previous trade deadlines it night have seemed to better. But the fact that guys like Vanek a winger and Moulson a winger went for late round draft picks really makes this center trade look bad necessary.

fixed.

#1138 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 09:57 AM

I agree, when I compare Jarnkrok to Datsyuk and Zetterberg, Dats and Z made the Wings 3 seasons after being drafted, and by the ages of 24 and 25, they were both top 5 or leading the team in points.

Compare that to Jarnkrok, he's on year 4, and still had a season or 2 before he'd be a Wing. He's 22 now, by the time he'd be in Detroit to stay he'd be 24 or 25. Datsyuk and Zetterberg were getting 60-80 points at the age of 24 and 25.

Jarnkrok should have made the Wings already.

That's only cause it's detroit you kidding me .... Look at nyquist he's 24 and only getting his full chance now , this crap only happens here .... Sheahan and jurco are only here because of injuries or who knows maybe sheahan would of been the one dealt at the deadline

#1139 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 10:00 AM

Don't kid yourself legwand isn't a key factor in us making the playoffs ... I wanted him here but I'm not willing to say thank god we got legwand he really helped us get in .... You can say he plays a 2 way game and all that but fact is we got him here to be a top 6 guy and help us produce goals

So far as a redwing he's -7 and registered a point in only 3 games and have now found himself on he 3rd line even with us still missing zetterberg,datsyuk and weiss .... You can spin it any way you'd like but those are the facts

We don't get in the playoffs without the brilliance of our kids and some key saves from Howard of late at key times

And we might not be at 82 pts without legwand but I'd still say we'd be 78-82 without him ... That's my personal opinion and we'll just never know

If legwand can contribute in Nashville with basically no top forwards there , there's no doubt in my mind he would of helped here as well ... Let's not forget he had chemistry with nyquist sheahan Tatar jurco

All guys he was a part of with and helped win the Calder cup .... I think he would of had pts in more than 3 games(which is what legwand has)

My opinion

legwand didn't help win the calder cup... and if you're talking about iron hook, he didn't really help them very much in the calder cup run..

#1140 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 10:01 AM

legwand didn't help win the calder cup... and if you're talking about iron hook, he didn't really help them very much in the calder cup run..

I fixed my post lol ... Iron hook?

Ok never mind your right he didn't help win the Calder cup but he still played with nyquist jurco sheahan and was familiar with them not like he'd come to detroit and lack having any chemistry with the kids in my mind

I think he would of been more than fine here ... And he plays a 2 way game like legwand does

Edited by nyqvististhefuture, 30 March 2014 - 10:06 AM.