• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
matt198913

21 games to make it 23 years

Rate this topic

Super. I'm not wasting my time with you. Everyone knows your opinion by now. Let it go.

And everyone knows yours, naive and myopic though it is.

4-5 years ago I thought there was a pretty decent chance that we would completely suck by now...that's the usual cycle. You contend for a time and win a cup if you're lucky and eventually you have to rebuild and scrape along the bottom. We aren't in that position because we've been able to ride our superstars and add spare parts here and there and now we're adding kids with top 6 talent and there's more in the pipeline. Make the playoffs and you have a chance. We had the champs on the ropes last year. Win that series and all that stood between us and a shot at the cup....again...was the Kings. There's no discernible gap between us and the Kings.

To put it another way...I'll take Ken Holland and the playoffs over Joe Dumars and his perpetual trips into the NBA lottery.

That is a considerable stretch to put it mildly.

In 2009 in looked like the Wings had the Cup pretty well in hand and we all know how that ended.

I don't think it's a stretch at all. The Blackhawks cruised to the cup after beating us. Obviously anything can happen, but the best team Chicago beat was us.

If only Filppula didn't get injured.....

Edited by Z and D for the C

Game #21: We pick up a point and are tied with Columbus with 69 pts.

Around us: #lumbus loses. Washington loses. Tampa loses.

Game #20 to 23 : Tomorrow night vs. NJD. A win sure would be swell.

Edited by e_prime

Wings will be fine. I see them making it to the playoffs again this year. Personally I want a high draft pick, but a lot of Wings fans would feel bad about the streak ending and I can sympathize but they need not worry the Wings will make the playoffs yet again. Its not gonna be easy, but when has it been easy the last 3 years.