• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

3/6 GDT: Avs 3 at Red Wings 2 (OT) Sorry Nick.

Rate this topic

Class on display on Vancouver's Team 1040 all day. Every sports update throughout the day they mentioned Nick Lidstrom Night at the Joe tonite, they brought on guys like Ray Ferraro etc to talk about Lidstrom, ( Scotty Bowman had to reschedule for tomorrow) and every radio station give away today was to the 5th caller in honor of Nik.

They are fans, they miss watching him play, and really appreciate what he brought to the game.

That's awesome! I totally didn't expect that at all....guess they've grown tired of ragging on the Canucks lol

Man man didn't cry but a few tears here and there. A perfect celebration for the perfect human seems fitting.

This will be the last retired number reminding us of possible the greatest Wings era ever. Not going to watch the rest of the game.

ps: the Truckthing was kinda lame don't let sponsoring destroy such a special event.

I don't think so tbh

they still have a great amount of time to do other wonders and det usually rewards players who spend ost or all their careers here those two are wings for life i see at least Dats

I don't think so tbh

Neither do I. Pav and Z are great, but are they as great as Nick, Steve or Gordie Howe? Not really.

they still have a great amount of time to do other wonders

Really? Will they do anything they haven't done? Lets face it, the best part of Datsyuk and Zetterberg's years are behind them.

Neither do I. Pav and Z are great, but are they as great as Nick, Steve or Gordie Howe? Not really.

Really? Will they do anything they haven't done? Lets face it, the best part of Datsyuk and Zetterberg's years are behind them.

agreed :clap:

Actually, i thought the truck thing was kinda classless...just sponsoring getting to the front row...as if the guy hadn't made enough money to buy everything he needs by himself. I liked the safari-gift by the team much better. :)

EDIT: What do you guys mean by "verklempt"? :eh:

It's a Yiddish word that loosely translates as choked up with emotion, Mike Meyers used to do a character on SNL that would say it in every sketch. (Showing my age there)

Edited by McAwesome

Two possible storylines from post game analysis.

1. Just like Nick Lidstrom, Detroit uses great defense to win the game.

2. Unlike the days of Nick Lidstrom, this Detroit blue line is just awful.

.....which one will it be? Please be the 1st.