• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

3/6 GDT: Avs 3 at Red Wings 2 (OT) Sorry Nick.

Rate this topic

Patrick Roy is probably in the locker room right now beating someone else's wife in celebration this is not ok

Edit: that was a bit much but whiskey and LIDAS and losing and FACE BURNING

Edited by BottleOfSmoke

Ugh, I'm having such a hard time right now. I REALLY don't want to join the ranks of cynical hater, but I also don't want to sit here and say "it's just the injuries". It is the injuries, plus the fact that all of our current best players are guys who our coach and/or GM didn't even envision on the team 8 months ago.

We were pioneers in the arts of poaching Russians and drafting obscure Swedes and playing a possession-driven game. Now we need to be pioneers in trading for defensemen when no one is trading for a defenseman.

Well our next opportunity comes in the off-season. It's GOTTA* happen.

*don't even say anything, naysayers. I'm not listening.

Ugh, I'm having such a hard time right now. I REALLY don't want to join the ranks of cynical hater, but I also don't want to sit here and say "it's just the injuries". It is the injuries, plus the fact that all of our current best players are guys who our coach and/or GM didn't even envision on the team 8 months ago.

Join the dark side. We have candy. And first-round picks!

What sucks the most is how easy it could've been to get an upgrade on D...I mean, look at the trades happening before the deadline...how couldn't we get let's say Ehrhoff for a 3rd and a 5h or something...or a guy like Edler, with the Canucks obviously selling after the Luongo-Trade and with Kessler available...jesus christ.. :bad:

Edited by The Datsyukian Deke

Great game imo. We played an awful OT, but we were unlucky not to win in regulation.

I hope Gustavsson gets some more starts the rest of the way. Howard for some reason isn't getting it done in most games. Never a big save at a key moment.

What sucks the most is how easy it could've been to get an upgrade on D...I mean, look at the trades happening before the deadline...how couldn't we get let's say Ehrhoff for a 3rd and a 5h or something...or a guy like Edler, with the Canucks obviously selling after the Luongo-Trade and with Kessler available...jesus christ.. :bad:

We like our team. We kicked the tires, but we didn't feel the price was right. Getting our injured players back will be like--oh God, I can't even bring myself to finish this, I feel nauseated.

Welcome to the darkside

Played soid winning hockey since the Olympic break all these games we should have won. Something's gotta give keep playing like this and the wins will roll in

We should be playing Gustavsson down the stretch if he gets a win and looks good tomorrow. Jimmy's record is pitiful. When's the last time a wings goalie finished the season with a losing record

Great game imo. We played an awful OT, but we were unlucky not to win in regulation.

I hope Gustavsson gets some more starts the rest of the way. Howard for some reason isn't getting it done in most games. Never a big save at a key moment.

Never a big save at a Key moment ... Yet he's suppose to be an "elite" goalie ..... Like you just said for some reason howard seems to never make the big save when we need him to

This is what happens to seeming 85% of goalies after they sign a huge contract. Hopefully he can bounce back next year cause he seems to be totally shot for the year. I'd go with Gustavsson until he lays a dud.

I can't totally blame Howard, when your best player in the game is Bertuzzi, you don't have much hope to win.

The injuries you couldn't have predicted but that defense was awful when the season started and its still awful.

More than that. It's funny everyone, including management, seems to blame injuries, but even when we had a full lineup for the first 1/4 of season, we looked awful. This is a team who barely BARELY beat Buffalo and started barely .500 before the injuries started.

Point is, even with a full deck our team blows.

More than that. It's funny everyone, including management, seems to blame injuries, but even when we had a full lineup for the first 1/4 of season, we looked awful. This is a team who barely BARELY beat Buffalo and started barely .500 before the injuries started.

Point is, even with a full deck our team blows.

Exactly, most of the teams forwards to start the season were 3rd and 4th liners and some shouldn't have even been on the team in the first place.

It took Tatar awhile to crack the lineup and even longer to play on the top two lines, and Nyquist was stuck in the AHL, if they both played earlier we might have won some games at the beginning.

Rafalski left, Stuart left, Lidstrom left, and non of them were replaced. Holland is lucky Dekeyser fell into his lap.

Edited by wings87

sweet defense on the night they retire the best dman to ever play in the NHL

also lol at Howard getting outplayed by ol Giguere, why didn't we try for Tim Thomas? ahaha

imagine if they were in the West right now lolololol just getting pumped probably chilling downstairs with Calgary and Edmonton

Edited by Yak19

Guest fat guy in a maltby jersey

really glad they picked up a real dman at the deadline

was getting tired of blowing 3rd period leads game after game

..wait, what's that? they didn't upgrade the defense and they're still blowing 3rd period leads?

this team is really something.

Exactly, most of the teams forwards to start the season were 3rd and 4th liners and some shouldn't have even been on the team in the first place.

It took Tatar awhile to crack the lineup and even longer to play on the top two lines, and Nyquist was stuck in the AHL, if they both played earlier we might have won some games at the beginning.

Rafalski left, Stuart left, Lidstrom left, and non of them were replaced. Holland is lucky Dekeyser fell into his lap.

If Tatar and nyquist started with the team last year they'd be a lot better than they already are now .... It's unfortunate it takes a ton of injuries to get the kids to play ... Even worse that it happens in bunches

Nyquist Tatar jurco sheahan .... Guess we can say were lucky or unlucky depending what you think of our defense that our defense has pretty much been ok .... No really longterm injuries in the back end

Tough loss but I'll take the point.

Tomorrow is a must win Edited by nyqvististhefuture

Yep and the biggest reason we suck is that Holland had been unable to find even a halfway decent defenseman in the last three seasons.

We've been relying on our centers A LOT defensively for years. Our defense isn't great but with good puck carrying centers it looks miles better. Sadly I more and more start to feel like Filppula was a bad loss for us. Offensively he was questionable but he fit our defense very nicely with his ability to skate the puck up ice.