• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

3/6 GDT: Avs 3 at Red Wings 2 (OT) Sorry Nick.

Rate this topic

According to Helen St. James, the Illitch's will not be in attendance due to Mr. I's ailing health.

Yeah, I just read that too. Bummer. Mr. and Mrs. I won't be able to attend Nick's ceremony.

In a statement, Mike Ilitch said: "While Marian and I would love to be there, we won't be at tomorrow's jersey retirement for Nick Lidstrom. This past year, I had a medical procedure that has kept me out of the spotlight for awhile. I feel much better now, and I'm stronger every day. While we may not attend every event, we never miss a game on TV and are very involved in all our businesses every day from home and the office.

http://msn.foxsports.com/detroit/story/red-wings-owners-unable-to-attend-lidstrom-ceremony-030514

Couple questions, hopefully I have some luck.

Has anyone seen the Season Ticket Holder "stub" for this game, and does it look like the Yzerman one that was very big, that almost looked like the banner?

I keep every ticket stub from games that I goto, and It would be awesome to track down an "official" ticket. I was able to get one from Yzerman night, but this time around i'll just be printing my tickets.

I would gladly pay someone for theirs if they don't have any attachment to it or are just going to throw it away. Whether you want to meet up tomorrow, or mail it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! email is kevindugal24@gmail.com - I don't post much on these boards anymore so that's the easiest way to get in touch.

Enjoy the game and ceremony!

I plan to start crying at approximately 6:10 EST if anyone would like to join me. Wailing and throwing one's self on the floor will follow shortly after at approximately 6:18, followed by refreshments (whiskey) and snacks (a tub of ice cream) in the lobby. Please RSVP ASAP so I can ensure there is enough to go around. May YFMB be with us all tomorrow.

Especially the Wings, because if they lose on Nick Lidstrom night that would suck hard.

I'm leaving for the airport in like an hour and will be at the game tomorrow night (and the next night). I can't wait. It'll be nice to see what a winter actually looks like again too since it's been in the 70s and 80s in California this winter.

Nice tribute GDT MIkey.

I'd assume if Legwand plays he'll be centering the top line, eager to see what he brings to the table.

More importantly, it's Lidstrom night. I'd like to see this GDT remain about the game and the legend that is Nick Lidstrom, and not an extension of the Legwand trade thread with ongoing bashing and complaining about him all game.

Nick is receiving the utmost respect by never having his number worn again in a Wings sweater, and it's well deserved. May #5 hang among the other legends and it be a great and victorious night.

Wings win 5-1.

GO WINGS GO!!

Love the occasion but for some reason, I have a bad feeling about our play on nights like these :eh:

Yeah, there's often an "after the lord mayors show" feel about these kind of games. i remember us getting embaressed at home by a bad Leafs team when we raised the '08 banner.

I'm around an hour and a half from the Joe so I guess that I will be for a single seat ticket at the right price. I spent a lot of time trying to grab tickets for Y's but I'm all about one ticket this time.

Last game's SV%: .862.

This must improve.

Yep. Wasn't all his fault, but he wasn't good last game. We need Jimmy to start playing like he did in the playoffs last year. Right now anytime a shot is taken on net I'm worried about it going in or a rebound going to the open man.

Has anyone seen the Season Ticket Holder "stub" for this game, and does it look like the Yzerman one that was very big, that almost looked like the banner?

I was hoping it would have been like the Yzerman ticket, but it's the same size as all of the other tickets. At least the one I have, which I got from a season ticket holder.

post-1173-0-02303400-1394113267_thumb.jpg

According to Ticketmaster, there are still some tickets available through the box office. They are the seats showing in blue on the map. Just zoom in on the upper bowl sections (the red seats are secondary market).

http://www.ticketmaster.com/detroit-red-wings-vs-colorado-avalanche-detroit-michigan-03-06-2014/event/08004AFFD5C4897B?artistid=805938&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=9&tm_link=artist_msg-1_08004AFFD5C4897B

Couldn't imagine seeing anyone else wear No.5 again after the retirement. Well deserved Mr. Lidström, it's because of you and a few others why I became a Wings Fan.

To the current team : Win this one for Nick !

Edited by derblaueClaus