• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

3/6 GDT: Avs 3 at Red Wings 2 (OT) Sorry Nick.

Rate this topic

Guest fat guy in a maltby jersey

it would be great if they could pull out a win for nick's retirement night, but i don't see it happening.

I'll be there tonight with my dad. I look forward to it!

We have tickets to 8 home games this month so I do hope the boys can keep the streak alive and make some sort of playoff push despite all the injuries.

According to Ticketmaster, there are still some tickets available through the box office. They are the seats showing in blue on the map. Just zoom in on the upper bowl sections (the red seats are secondary market).

http://www.ticketmaster.com/detroit-red-wings-vs-colorado-avalanche-detroit-michigan-03-06-2014/event/08004AFFD5C4897B?artistid=805938&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=9&tm_link=artist_msg-1_08004AFFD5C4897B

I just picked a couple up!

It's nights like this (especially after picking up Patch Legwand) when you really realize how big the shoes are that Nyquist, Tatar, and Dekeyser have to fill. Will the torch be passed from Datsyuk and Zetterberg, or will it finally blow out...

What a special night ! Win this one for legend # 5. Also this is Franzen's favorite team. He should have a hat-trick in this one. Go Wings !

And he's been on freaking fire. We need mule to stay on fire.

with this site imploding the past 24 hours, i almost forgot about #5 going up tonight.. stoked for Lids!

a win tonight against a tough colorado team would be a good start to the rest of the season.

wings win 2-1. Mule (x2 setup from david), duchene for them. LGW

Nice tribute GDT MIkey.

I'd assume if Legwand plays he'll be centering the top line, eager to see what he brings to the table.

More importantly, it's Lidstrom night. I'd like to see this GDT remain about the game and the legend that is Nick Lidstrom, and not an extension of the Legwand trade thread with ongoing bashing and complaining about him all game.

Nick is receiving the utmost respect by never having his number worn again in a Wings sweater, and it's well deserved. May #5 hang among the other legends and it be a great and victorious night.

Wings win 5-1.

GO WINGS GO!!

I will add Legwand parts to the GDT in a positive light, like if he makes a really nice play or scores a nice goal, ya know to drag us all to his corner. Gotta support the new guy. As for Lids, so bittersweet. My all-time favorite Dman, likely along with many on this site. Gonna be an emotional one tonight. Go Wings!

I plan to start crying at approximately 6:10 EST if anyone would like to join me. Wailing and throwing one's self on the floor will follow shortly after at approximately 6:18, followed by refreshments (whiskey) and snacks (a tub of ice cream) in the lobby. Please RSVP ASAP so I can ensure there is enough to go around. May YFMB be with us all tomorrow.

Especially the Wings, because if they lose on Nick Lidstrom night that would suck hard.

I would like to amend this invitation for those of you who have RSVP'd:

Crying will commence immediately, I repeat IMMEDIATELY upon reading the plethora of articles being released online regarding the amazing career of Nick Lidstrom. Wailing and throwing one's self on the floor has been moved up to 6:05, and refreshments and snacks have been moved up to whatever time is the earliest at which I can legally partake. If this frees up those of you who would have been otherwise unable to attend, please feel free to RSVP at this time

Thank you.

Count me in, BoS. I cried over the GDT. Beautiful job, Mikey... :wub:

I am sure the ceremony will be awesome, and beyond well-deserved. I adored Nick as did we all, and miss him every single game. I do hope we don't suffer the dreaded pre-game ceremony curse and consequently suck tonight. I am hoping the guys will be anxious to not poop on Nick's special night, and win this one for the Perfect Human.

My understanding is that NHL Network will broadcast the ceremony prior to the game. The NHL Network stated that they will start the broadcast at 6:30 tonight. With that being said, if you have gamecenter I am almost certain the game is blacked out on gamecenter.

GO WINGS!!