• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

3/6 GDT: Avs 3 at Red Wings 2 (OT) Sorry Nick.

Rate this topic

Morning after b***h fest.

Didn't get to watch the Lidstrom ceremony until this morning. And I was very upset that I had to watch John Keating running his yap, while they SHOULD have been showing us the introductions of all of the former players and coaches. And then, while several speakers noted that "Nobody else would ever wear #5 again," someone decided to put Lidstrom's jersey on a whole team of sub-par performers, who can't ever seem to even play a whole 60 minute game. Harumph!

So glad I've decided to not watch it after the ceremony.

btw. congrats to MacKinnon for breaking the great ones record. This kid is something special.

So happy for MacKinnon that he wasn't drafted by Detroit. If he was, instead of breaking Gretzky's record, he'd still be in Grand Rapids, and we'd be pleading with Holland to bring him up!

We were pioneers in the arts of poaching Russians and drafting obscure Swedes and playing a possession-driven game. Now we need to be pioneers in trading for defensemen when no one is trading for a defenseman.

Datsyuk is the magic man these days... not Ken Holland.

(Somebody photoshop KH as a magician pulling #1D man of your choice out of a hat please!)

Not a good way to send Lids up to the rafters. Non clutch 3rd period goaltending and serious breakdowns on defense in overtime seem to be an ongoing trend. Very, very tough season for us fans to deal with. Now that's 2 straight opponents we've outplayed and we have gotten only 1 point out of it. Well at least Legwand played well I thought. Hurts to say it but I think there's too many teams battling for that 8th spot and we are one inconsistent bunch this year. This team is gonna need to grow a pair just to make it.

Didn't watch the game but just looked at boxscore ... Legwand -2, was he really that bad? Looks like Howard has got to play better for us, not that many shots on him.

No Legwand was probably one of the better Wings on the night. He showed some jump and setup Franzen with a great chance early on. Gus and Mule both had a bad night which was more of what brought the play down. Both goals were really because of Franzen. A crazy bounce off the end boards that the Wings have used for years and Franzen doesnt have Duchene's stick tied up for an easy tap in -1. Then on the second Franzen gets outmuscled by Duchene around the back of the net and he centers it where its knocked in when Kronner cant handle Parenteau -2. Legwand was also in on the pressure that setup Jurco's goal. He initially had an assist but it was taken away but his pressure on the forecheck with Sheahan was what got the puck out in front after a dump. All in all Legwand was extremely solid for only showing up 12 or so hours before.

Sure its disappointing they lost in OT but the team is playing solid coming out of the Olympic break despite being down there top two players. They get a win tonight and they will have taken 7/10 pts since the break. They do that every 5 games the rest of the way and they are in the playoffs easily.

Edited by GoalieManPat

Fortunate enough to go to the game last night. Obviously the whole Nick tribute was spectacular. Great to see him and great to see all the guys there supporting him. Felt lucky to be there.

I thought Legwand looked pretty solid. Handles the puck well and had an aggressive forecheck. Think he’s going to fit it nicely.

Need to bury our chances. Also I’m not sure why MacKinnon had enough time to make a sandwich back there before firing that feed for the GWG, but perhaps special teams circumstances need some work.

Tough loss but glad they got the point and hope they can bounce back tonight.

LGW

Rafalski left, Stuart left, Lidstrom left, and non of them were replaced. Holland is lucky Dekeyser fell into his lap.

Holmer left and he never replaced him one of the most underrated retirements ever. Overpaying for depth instead of stars won't fix anything. Come off season a defenseman needs to wear a winged jersey next season.

I won't completely bury Jimmy for the game winner, but it's two poor games in a row. Dude is getting paid 5.3 mil a year and is sitting on 13 wins and we're in March. Gus will get us 2 points tomorrow, but if Howard doesn't get his head removed from his ass, we're toast. Hank and Pav.... miss ya.

I agree. I love Jimmy but he's not answering the bell...He can't even say he's just waiting for the playoffs like Ozzy did~as we might not make em :( blahhhhh

Edited by 13dangledangle

I agree. I love Jimmy but he's not answering the bell...He can't even say he's just waiting for the playoffs like Ozzy did~as we might not make em :( blahhhhh

If we don't make the playoffs Howard should assume a big part of the blame. I don't care how many times the D leaves him out to dry he needs to get it together. His statement that getting one point last night was a good thing is pathetic. Babs too. Are we reduced to this - finding good things in a loss? That's what losers say, not proud competitors. If so, we are doomed and probably deserve to end the streak.

I'll be recording the FSD feed and will have it posted somewhere, probably on the site I run....maybe youtube as well.

However the Red Wings will have it up afterwards: http://redwings.nhl.com/

Also, has anyone been over at HFboards, this was done by FlashyG:

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1618383

I thought that was very well done.

attachicon.gif5 retirement.png

Game Day Preview and short Lidstrom interview

Did you happen to upload the retirement ceremony online anywhere? Would love to put it on DVD.