Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

3/6 GDT: Avs 3 at Red Wings 2 (OT) Sorry Nick.

gdt

• Please log in to reply
591 replies to this topic

#541 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,057 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:24 PM

We're half the team we are when Datsyuk AND Zetterberg are out. It's just that simple.

Thing is, we still suck with either or both in the lineup. We suck less, yes, but it's not like the only times we blow games are when neither one's in the lineup.

On a side note, I love, love, LOVE that we stood pat with our blue line. We are absolutely going to win the Cup with Kronwall and Ericsson playing like a second pairing and Quincey ruining DeKeyser.

I hate this season sof****** much.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#542 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,726 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:24 PM

Teams make coaching changes when it's time to make a change.  Not because someone is or isn't a better coach.

I doubt Berube is a better coach than Laviolette, but the Flyers felt like it was time to make a move.  Every coach gets canned at some point.  

Babcock might be the best coach in hockey, but the team has slipped under him and Kenny the last few years.    I think if we miss the playoffs, it's time to make a change.  

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#543 Ekmanc

Ekmanc

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:26 PM

It's hard to coach your way around 3 out of 6 defenders being AHL level at best and the clumsiest most non-clutch goalie in the entire league.

Edited by Ekmanc, 06 March 2014 - 11:27 PM.

#544 RedWang

RedWang

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:27 PM

The team is good without Z and D, but making the playoffs without them will be a stretch.

#545 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,726 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:27 PM

It's hard to coach your way around 3 out of 6 defenders being AHL level at best and a the clumsiest most non-clutch goalie in the entire league.

He should be getting used to it.  We have these injury troubles every year seemingly.  

Datsyuk, Zetterberg and Franzen won't be any younger next season.  

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#546 e_prime

e_prime

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:28 PM

On a side note, I love, love, LOVE that we stood pat with our blue line. We are absolutely going to win the Cup with Kronwall and Ericsson playing like a second pairing and Quincey ruining DeKeyser.

Dude, I am as frustrated as you are with the fact that we were unable to get anything done on D move yesterday, but realistically... no real D moves were made yesterday.  None.  Nada.  Zip. Zlich.  Zero.

(AtomicPunk @ February 4, 2010 - 12:16AM)

Imma let you finish, and your cap numbers are all good and all that, but imma let Kenny figure it out. Kenny's cap numbers were the best cap numbers this year.

#547 sjr2012

sjr2012

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:28 PM

It's hard to coach your way around 3 out of 6 defenders being AHL level at best and the clumsiest most non-clutch goalie in the entire league.

i think jimmy has finally been chelvaldaed he is spent from the massive work load he took it for the last 4 seasons sadly i think he is just burnt out and it might have come at the worst time a contract extension 

try to get something by me i dare you

:goalie:

#548 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,057 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:29 PM

If Scotty Bowman has another son who wants to be GM, we should give him a call.  

Laviolette for head coach.  

Pay Scotty Bowman a s***-ton to be our GM. Promote Blashill.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#549 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,826 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:32 PM

Nick has four sons can any of them play D?
These games are starting to look like an after school special on what not to do.

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#550 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,057 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:34 PM

Dude, I am as frustrated as you are with the fact that we were unable to get anything done on D move yesterday, but realistically... no real D moves were made yesterday.  None.  Nada.  Zip. Zlich.  Zero.

We were pioneers in the arts of poaching Russians and drafting obscure Swedes and playing a possession-driven game. Now we need to be pioneers in trading for defensemen when no one is trading for a defenseman.

Edited by Dabura, 06 March 2014 - 11:35 PM.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#551 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,826 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:37 PM

After the game Legwand demanded a trade back to Nashville.

Pay Scotty Bowman a s***-ton to be our GM. Promote Blashill.

I want Putin to be our GM, maybe he can invade the Blackhawks and take all their best players.

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#552 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,990 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:39 PM

Patrick Roy is probably in the locker room right now beating someone else's wife in celebration this is not ok

Edit: that was a bit much but whiskey and LIDAS and losing and FACE BURNING

Edited by BottleOfSmoke, 06 March 2014 - 11:39 PM.

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#553 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,628 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:40 PM

Ugh, I'm having such a hard time right now.  I REALLY don't want to join the ranks of cynical hater, but I also don't want to sit here and say "it's just the injuries".  It is the injuries, plus the fact that all of our current best players are guys who our coach and/or GM didn't even envision on the team 8 months ago. 

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#554 e_prime

e_prime

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:46 PM

We were pioneers in the arts of poaching Russians and drafting obscure Swedes and playing a possession-driven game. Now we need to be pioneers in trading for defensemen when no one is trading for a defenseman.

Well our next opportunity comes in the off-season.  It's GOTTA* happen.

*don't even say anything, naysayers.  I'm not listening.

(AtomicPunk @ February 4, 2010 - 12:16AM)

Imma let you finish, and your cap numbers are all good and all that, but imma let Kenny figure it out. Kenny's cap numbers were the best cap numbers this year.

#555 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,057 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:47 PM

Ugh, I'm having such a hard time right now.  I REALLY don't want to join the ranks of cynical hater, but I also don't want to sit here and say "it's just the injuries".  It is the injuries, plus the fact that all of our current best players are guys who our coach and/or GM didn't even envision on the team 8 months ago. 

Join the dark side. We have candy. And first-round picks!

Don't Toews me, bro!

#556 The Datsyukian Deke

The Datsyukian Deke

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:47 PM

What sucks the most is how easy it could've been to get an upgrade on D...I mean, look at the trades happening before the deadline...how couldn't we get let's say Ehrhoff for a 3rd and a 5h or something...or a guy like Edler, with the Canucks obviously selling after the Luongo-Trade and with Kessler available...jesus christ.. :bad:

Edited by The Datsyukian Deke, 06 March 2014 - 11:48 PM.

Lidstrom: "Retiring today allows me to walk away from the game with pride, rather than have the game walk away from me."

#557 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,057 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:51 PM

After the game Legwand demanded a trade back to Nashville.

I want Putin to be our GM, maybe he can invade the Blackhawks and take all their best players.

Better yet: Rasputin. He'd make some magic.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#558 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,335 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:51 PM

Great game imo. We played an awful OT, but we were unlucky not to win in regulation.

I hope Gustavsson gets some more starts the rest of the way. Howard for some reason isn't getting it done in most games. Never a big save at a key moment.

#559 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,057 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:54 PM

What sucks the most is how easy it could've been to get an upgrade on D...I mean, look at the trades happening before the deadline...how couldn't we get let's say Ehrhoff for a 3rd and a 5h or something...or a guy like Edler, with the Canucks obviously selling after the Luongo-Trade and with Kessler available...jesus christ.. :bad:

We like our team. We kicked the tires, but we didn't feel the price was right. Getting our injured players back will be like--oh God, I can't even bring myself to finish this, I feel nauseated.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#560 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,826 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:55 PM

Better yet: Rasputin. He'd make some magic.

Can't get him, he's locked up in Scotty Bowman's dungeon.