Photo
- - - - -

Who will have a better career as a Red Wing: Weiss or Legwand?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will have a better career as a Red Wing: Weiss or Legwand?

Better career as a Red Wing?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 wingedominance13

wingedominance13

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 07:24 AM

So who in your opinion will have a more successful career as a Red Wing?

#2 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,835 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 07:59 AM

Jarnkrok obviously....

*sarcasm*

#3 motorcitykid

motorcitykid

Red Wings DJ

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 09:08 AM

21 games and he'll be gone. Would've preferred Vanek, but Legwand played in Plymouth which Holland thinks matters. Whatever. Not happy with this trade. And Bertuzzi should've been dealt - either replaced with someone similar [] or some pucks. He contributes nothing to this "depth" going forward which Holland spoke of. Excuses, excuses.

#4 Spongewingredpants

Spongewingredpants

Pragmatic Optimist

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,588 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 09:12 AM

funny.....we don't even know if Legwand wants to sign beyond this season

My wish: A healthy roster

#5 DickieDunn

DickieDunn

http://redwingsandotherthings.wordpress.com/

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 09:45 AM

Assuming that Weiss comes back healthy next year, which is likely, and Legwand re-signs, Weiss is younger and has scored more than Legwand, so Weiss.

Oh this young man has had a very trying rookie season, with the litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country's refusal to accept him, well, I guess that's more than most 21-year-olds can handle... Ogie Ogilthorpe!

#6 wingedominance13

wingedominance13

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 10:44 AM

funny.....we don't even know if Legwand wants to sign beyond this season

Holland was quoted last night saying that Legwand had to waive his NTC and he believes he wants to be here and will be a wing next season. If you would like the actual quote I will find it.

#7 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,065 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 10:56 AM

I can't imagine keeping both: I still cling to this fantasy that Weiss, Eaves, Jarnkrok, and a 3 to Vancouver brings Kesler to a real estate agent near you...not sure why my wife keeps saying "De Nile ain't just a River in Africa".

So, I'm gonna go with Letsgo Legwand. If there is one thing I've learned while living in The Vancouver market, it's that Gillis is a slow learner so he won't recognize another David Booth deal when it's on the table staring him in the face. I've emailed Weiss a link to Louongo's house for sale on Craigslist. (Odd that it's fully furnished including clothes, garage full of expensive cars, groceries, half eaten bagel on the kitchen counter, looks like some left in a hurry!)

Yeah, my head is still spinning from yesterday .

#8 AndrewK80

AndrewK80

Jr. Prospect

• 23 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 10:59 AM

You can't do much worse than Weiss.

#9 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:32 AM

Legwand will 100% have more then 4 points after 26 games played for this club---->better then Weiss thus far so I pick David.
....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#10 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,525 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:34 AM

I forget Weiss was ever a Wing.  Might as well not be... Legwand, I reserve judgment on.  I didn't like him as a Pred.  But I tend to like (most) players better when they wear a winged wheel.  If I can love Tootoo, I can probably get used to Legwand for however long he's around.

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#11 Richdg

Richdg

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:38 AM

21 games.

#12 wingfan1991

wingfan1991

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:38 AM

one worse then the other i cannot even vote

#13 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:43 AM

Assuming that Weiss comes back healthy next year, which is likely, and Legwand re-signs, Weiss is younger and has scored more than Legwand, so Weiss.

This exactly.  Once Weiss gets healthy and gets some games under him I fully expect him to return to form and be a difference maker.

You can't do much worse than Weiss.

Danny Cleary begs to differ.  At least Weiss made some plays, but couldn't get the bounces.  Cleary was by far our worst signing this past summer.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#14 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,616 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:12 PM

21 games and he'll be gone. Would've preferred Vanek, but Legwand played in Plymouth which Holland thinks matters. Whatever. Not happy with this trade. And Bertuzzi should've been dealt - either replaced with someone similar [] or some pucks. He contributes nothing to this "depth" going forward which Holland spoke of. Excuses, excuses.

Bertuzzi, Cleary and the rest of our scrubs are untradeable this forum needs to get that through their head. We're lucky we were able to unload Eaves for nothing. Vanek wouldn't do a lick of good if he's got Andersson setting him up as his center. Andersson would be our #1 center right now if we hadn't made that trade let me remind you

Edited by joesuffP, 06 March 2014 - 12:13 PM.

#15 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,138 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:17 PM

Bertuzzi, Cleary and the rest of our scrubs are untradeable this forum needs to get that through their head. We're lucky we were able to unload Eaves for nothing. Vanek wouldn't do a lick of good if he's got Andersson setting him up as his center. Andersson would be our #1 center right now if we hadn't made that trade let me remind you

It's all about what fans want, not what the team needs, haven't you heard?

#16 CaliforniaWingsFan

CaliforniaWingsFan

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 02:05 PM

Legwand will play 21 games and be gone, but he will still have more points than Weiss in the next 4 seasons.

#17 themcityblues

themcityblues

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 06:03 PM

What makes you guys so sure Legwand won't resign?

#18 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 06:22 PM

Legwand.He's here to stay as a 2C.I'm a fan of both Weiss and Legwand,but knowing Babcock,Weiss will probably play the 3rd line center like Filppula did in the past.

#19 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,611 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 06:50 PM

What makes you guys so sure Legwand won't resign?

People are just reaching for ways to make this seem like a bad deal. It's highly likely Legwand will re-sign, I'd say.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#20 canadian wings fan

canadian wings fan

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 07:51 PM

lol! I voted Legwand and expected to be in the minority...wow Weiss has been awful.