• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wingedominance13

Who will have a better career as a Red Wing: Weiss or Legwand?

Rate this topic

83 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

21 games and he'll be gone. Would've preferred Vanek, but Legwand played in Plymouth which Holland thinks matters. Whatever. Not happy with this trade. And Bertuzzi should've been dealt - either replaced with someone similar [] or some pucks. He contributes nothing to this "depth" going forward which Holland spoke of. Excuses, excuses.

I can't imagine keeping both: I still cling to this fantasy that Weiss, Eaves, Jarnkrok, and a 3 to Vancouver brings Kesler to a real estate agent near you...not sure why my wife keeps saying "De Nile ain't just a River in Africa".

So, I'm gonna go with Letsgo Legwand. If there is one thing I've learned while living in The Vancouver market, it's that Gillis is a slow learner so he won't recognize another David Booth deal when it's on the table staring him in the face. I've emailed Weiss a link to Louongo's house for sale on Craigslist. (Odd that it's fully furnished including clothes, garage full of expensive cars, groceries, half eaten bagel on the kitchen counter, looks like some left in a hurry!)

Yeah, my head is still spinning from yesterday .

I forget Weiss was ever a Wing. Might as well not be... Legwand, I reserve judgment on. I didn't like him as a Pred. But I tend to like (most) players better when they wear a winged wheel. If I can love Tootoo, I can probably get used to Legwand for however long he's around.

Assuming that Weiss comes back healthy next year, which is likely, and Legwand re-signs, Weiss is younger and has scored more than Legwand, so Weiss.

This exactly. Once Weiss gets healthy and gets some games under him I fully expect him to return to form and be a difference maker.

You can't do much worse than Weiss.

Danny Cleary begs to differ. At least Weiss made some plays, but couldn't get the bounces. Cleary was by far our worst signing this past summer.

21 games and he'll be gone. Would've preferred Vanek, but Legwand played in Plymouth which Holland thinks matters. Whatever. Not happy with this trade. And Bertuzzi should've been dealt - either replaced with someone similar [] or some pucks. He contributes nothing to this "depth" going forward which Holland spoke of. Excuses, excuses.

Bertuzzi, Cleary and the rest of our scrubs are untradeable this forum needs to get that through their head. We're lucky we were able to unload Eaves for nothing. Vanek wouldn't do a lick of good if he's got Andersson setting him up as his center. Andersson would be our #1 center right now if we hadn't made that trade let me remind you

Edited by joesuffP

Bertuzzi, Cleary and the rest of our scrubs are untradeable this forum needs to get that through their head. We're lucky we were able to unload Eaves for nothing. Vanek wouldn't do a lick of good if he's got Andersson setting him up as his center. Andersson would be our #1 center right now if we hadn't made that trade let me remind you

It's all about what fans want, not what the team needs, haven't you heard?

Datsyuk, Legwand, Weiss and Helm when all are fit and fully tuned into the systems, thats one hellavu Center line up not many teams will match.

I hope they both have good stints as Wings, and yes i do believe Legwand will re-sign on a 2 year deal. I for one am really excited to see next season's Wings roster come together, add another scoring winger ( or just go with Mantha? ) and a top D ( trade for one ) we could be back up where we belong.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1985786-detroit-red-wings-will-legwands-early-success-make-stephen-weiss-expendable

Found this article .... Whether weiss is expendable now .... Don't see how we can keep both legwand and weiss longterm unless one of them moves to the wing

Edited by nyqvististhefuture