shoe

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 01:30 PM

POPULAR

Dear Mr Legwand

Welcome to Detroit.

I cant speak for all of us but I am very happy you waived your no trade to join the Red Wings. Some people here may not understand how much we need you. With four of our regular centers injured you have some big skates to fill. As a Veteran of many years you should be able to jump right in there. Maybe more so than some young high flying European.

I think you will do very well here, your brand of hockey that you have played for 15 years should fit with exactly what we will need to do to win games to get us in the playoffs. It may not be pretty but I'm sure Mike Babcock has a plan to shut down the opposition rather than outgun them.

You may not be the defence man we thought we were all going to get this trade deadline, but a 2 way speedy center in my mind is the closest and next best thing. Your defensive skills I'm sure will be relied on to keep the puck out of our net in the dying seconds of the game something we have watched our red wings have much trouble with this year.

As much as Patty Eaves, and Jarnkrok will be missed, I would at least like to welcome you as a fan to a player of the Red Wings.

Welcome aboard, Stay Healthy, have a fun run.

Shoe

#2 Son of a Wing

Son of a Wing

London Lions Captain

• Gold Booster
  • 1,946 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 01:41 PM

I like your positivity but there's a 42 page thread on this.  The soapbox isn't necessary.

"The leader must never close the gap between himself and the group. If he does, he is no longer what he must be. He must walk a tightrope between the consent he must win and the control he must exert."
Vince Lombardi

When asked who won, Babcock said, “Well it doesn’t really matter as long as you don’t lose. It’s like going bear hunting, you take a slow guy with you in case the bear is hungry.”

#3 PredsFanTheBayouState

PredsFanTheBayouState

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 03:15 PM

i'm glad that leggy gets to play for this hometown team,We are gonna miss #11 here in nashville,but i think most preds fans are starting to cheer for y'all guys,now,that y'all are not in the disvision anymore,Every pred fan was hoping that leggy would be the first preds draft pick to retire as a pred,but it may not happen that way.

GOOD LUCK LEGGY AND GEAUX WINGS!!!!

Edited by PredsFanTheBayouState, 06 March 2014 - 03:16 PM.

#4 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,274 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 05:21 PM

The only 42 page thread I see is the one railing the guy and discussion about how bad the trade was. I support a positive thread with an official welcome to Legwand without all the anger and venting. Thanks for posting Shoe.

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#5 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 05:25 PM

Welcome abroad #17 :clap:

#6 Hairy Lime

Hairy Lime

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 06:03 PM

I like Legwand. Would like him better if he were a right-handed shot. But I like him. 

Edited by Hairy Lime, 06 March 2014 - 06:03 PM.

#7 gcom007

gcom007

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,215 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 06:13 PM

I can understand people frustrated with what we gave up. I hate to see Eaves go, though I get that he wanted to play. But anyone hating on Legwand, especially given our current situation, is misguided. I wish him well here, and I think he'll be able to help a lot.

-Elliot

#8 cnot19

cnot19

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 06:16 PM

Glad to see him join the wings hope he can jump right in on the fly do not care about losing eaves at all
Get me a real fourth line Kenny!

#9 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,175 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 06:36 PM

Welcome aboard!!

#10 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,396 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 06:36 PM

I've said in the 43 Pages thread and I'll said it again, it's nothing against him. Welcome to The Red Wings and I'll hope you enjoy your stay here.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

<< Win it for Mr. Hockey !