• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Datsyukian-Deke

Red Wings have Recalled Pulkkinen from Grand Rapids

Rate this topic

Why'd they call him up at all?

Just in case Alfredsson couldn't go.

If Pulkkinen was a swede holland & babcock would have never sent him to minors...

luckily we have Samuelsson, i mean where would this team be without his 1 goal and 2 assists???

Yup. That's it. They hate Finns and Czechs. Or it could be because he has a long way to go before he's even competent defensively at an NHL level.

Yup. That's it. They hate Finns and Czechs. Or it could be because he has a long way to go before he's even competent defensively at an NHL level.

I don't think they'd call him up if he had a long way to go before he's even competent defensively at the NHL level. I've actually been really impressed with his game overall. He could use another season on the farm, but, it's funny - I've been thinking lately that if we decide to Go Young and Alfredsson decides to call it a career, Pulkkinen would be a good replacement. He's pretty much the guy now in Grand Rapids, at least in terms of high-end forwards.

The only way a kid ever gets to play a game here is because of injuries .... Tatar was benched his first 9 games I believe it was and took off after we got even more decimated ...... Nyquist finally stayed for good when we got more injuries (yes I know about the cap)

Sheahan and jurco .... Sheahan was projected to be a 3rd and 4th line player and not suppose to show any signs of offence ... Well I don't know about you guys but the kid can play

Just unfortunate when we gotta pull for some injuries for the kids to finally get a game or 2 in ..... Gotta hope for miller to pull a groin and miss a few games so pulkkinen comes back and plays a game now

Guest DeGraa55

The only way a kid ever gets to play a game here is because of injuries .... Tatar was benched his first 9 games I believe it was and took off after we got even more decimated ...... Nyquist finally stayed for good when we got more injuries (yes I know about the cap)

Sheahan and jurco .... Sheahan was projected to be a 3rd and 4th line player and not suppose to show any signs of offence ... Well I don't know about you guys but the kid can play

Just unfortunate when we gotta pull for some injuries for the kids to finally get a game or 2 in ..... Gotta hope for miller to pull a groin and miss a few games so pulkkinen comes back and plays a game now

That's the situation holland out us in though. Everyone of us knew by signing miller and clearly that there wasn't room for Tatar and nyquist who we all know should've been up since day one. So why can't holland see it?

And it's nothing against cleary or miller as their both class act guys it's just a numbers game. When we have too many forwards an too close to cap why keep bringing extra forwards that we don't need?

Bottom line, Alfredsson can play, so there's no real need for Pulks. Send him back down and let him keep tearing it up and building confidence and working on things and being awesome. It's not like this is his third season with the Griffins and he's got nothing left to learn or prove.

I guess the argument could be made that he'd be better than Bertuzzi, but then you're talking about a bottom-six role, which means excellent D is a prerequisite (even though Bert's not exactly a Selke candidate), which would make Teemu Pulkkinen a weird choice (though, like I said, his overall game is better than you might think).

Also, to be fair, as awesome as the kid line has been for us, they've also been *showing their youth* these past two or three games. I can see Babs saying we've got more than enough young talent right now and what we could really use is - somewhat ironically - some veteran leadership, stability.

That's the situation holland out us in though. Everyone of us knew by signing miller and clearly that there wasn't room for Tatar and nyquist who we all know should've been up since day one. So why can't holland see it?

And it's nothing against cleary or miller as their both class act guys it's just a numbers game. When we have too many forwards an too close to cap why keep bringing extra forwards that we don't need?

Realistically, going completely with youth over veterans could be seen as mailing it in and going into full time re-build mode - I'm referring to the vast majority here, not one or two. Bear in mind I'm just postulating - I don't believe this fully. personally I feel that a few kids spread through the lineup provides energy and helps energise the vets

I also guess that within the Wings organisation there is the 'you've got to earn it' theorem. Hence why Nyqvist was in the minors and Tatar on the bench, and now the kids can't get out of the lineup. They're continuing to be our best forwards night in night out and they're staying put because of it.

Would I like to see KH and Babs be a little more free with their inclusion of other kids in the lineup over veterans who are clearly past it (see Cleary and Bert - despite the latter's effectiveness on the PP at times this year), but it is what it is. I was against the Cleary signing, but not the Miller one. Drew has been arguably one of the best PKers this year, blocking no end of shots and doing a great job overall.

The Red Wings have recalled Teemu Pulkkinen from Grand Rapids (AHL).
Pulkkinen was recalled last week, but never dressed for the Red Wings. He leads the Griffins in goals (26) and points (51), he also sits second on the team with 25 assists. Tomas Jurco left Tuesday's loss with an upper-body injury, so Pulkkinen will make his debut on Friday vs. Edmonton.

Why?

Pulu is more of a pure goal scorer, also before an injury his draft year he was projected as a top 10 draft pick in a very strong draft.

I'd like to see Pulks get a chance on the PP. I feel like the biggest issue with our PP is that we only really throw one threat at them, and we're not even coy about it. "OH BOY WHAT ARE WE GONNA DO, ARE WE GONNA SET UP ALFIE, WHY YES WE ARE." Having Pulkkinen and, say, Alfredsson on the same unit might keep the PKers a little more honest.

That could be big for us, because we've been pretty bad with the man advantage. It's much easier (or less difficult) to win games when your power play is really clicking. And, really, any potential improvement is worth seriously considering, given the embarrassing hole we're in.

Man, they weren't lying, his slapshot is no joke.

Those back to back slappers at the end were great. Hopefully its as effective against NHL goaltenders.

That was freaking hilarious. Same spot. Same game. Literally back to back.

Too bad I'm going to the Griffins game tomorrow and he won't be there.

A friend of mine is a bartender at a bar in Grand Rapids that the Griffins frequent quite a bit. He's met Teemu a couple of times and said that he's incredibly nice and friendly and down to earth (unlike others he's met, like Smith, who he says used to get wasted and run his mouth like he's hot stuff) he's also spoken with Glendening a few times, who he says is also very classy and soft spoken in real life. He said to me that he asked Glenny about Pulkkinen, and all Luke had to say was that his slap shot is unreal and is "the best he's ever seen"

He works as a bouncer as well and experienced Chris Chelios coming into the bar about a year ago as well. He said he took Chris's ID before looking at him and said "hey, your Chris Chelios" (as an excited fan would) Chris apparently responded "Glad you can read" and proceeded into the bar lol