• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Datsyukian-Deke

Red Wings have Recalled Pulkkinen from Grand Rapids

Rate this topic

Man, I don’t think the Wings have had a guy that can shoot like that since Hossa. Maybe even Hull.

I’d almost lost hope in him based on his stats from his last year in Finland and late last year in GRs (he barely played). But he’s really turning it on. It’s awesome.

I mean, I know he was supposed to have a good shot, but it looks that much better when that shot goes in 26 times.

I cannot really remember the last time we scored using the slapshot just after entering the O zone. And I also remember those good old times when Lapoint, Shanahan, Yzerman, Fedorov, McCarty were doing it.

Great Videos.

In the Holy sniper the first goal reminds me of the Yzerman's 1996 double OT goal. just a beauty.

The rest of the videos remind me Brett Hull. hopefully he can be as sneaky. In the minors you get that much time to shoot the puck.... Not in the bigs. those shooting lanes close up quickly.

Here's rooting for ya kid!

:drunk:

He had a good wrap around attempt that he almost scored on. He was trying to hard to get his shot off. He needs to let the play come to him.

Exactly this. He's obviously got the potential with that shot, and I love how he indicated where he wanted a pass to go on the PP where he finally got to rip some. He definitely looked like someone playing his first game though, anxious to show what he could do.

This has probably been posted:

Pulkkinen's "stall"

I love that the "To whom much is given..." sign is visible. lolz.

Also, I didn't watch last night's game. Is it true that he threw an old-school open-ice hip check...on the power play?? If so, he deserves a spot on the roster next season just for that.

EDIT: Just saw the video. That was awesome.