• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#41 TripleS

TripleS

Jr. Prospect

• 17 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 07:27 PM

Friday. Slapper. Goal.

Edited by TripleS, 12 March 2014 - 07:37 PM.

#42 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,199 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 08:21 PM

I'd like to see Pulks get a chance on the PP. I feel like the biggest issue with our PP is that we only really throw one threat at them, and we're not even coy about it. "OH BOY WHAT ARE WE GONNA DO, ARE WE GONNA SET UP ALFIE, WHY YES WE ARE." Having Pulkkinen and, say, Alfredsson on the same unit might keep the PKers a little more honest.

That could be big for us, because we've been pretty bad with the man advantage. It's much easier (or less difficult) to win games when your power play is really clicking. And, really, any potential improvement is worth seriously considering, given the embarrassing hole we're in.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#43 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,418 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 08:22 PM

Those back to back slappers at the end were great. Hopefully its as effective against NHL goaltenders.

#44 Wings10

Wings10

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 08:59 PM

Looking forward to seeing this kid play, and hopefully stay.

#45 Datsyukian-Deke

Datsyukian-Deke

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 09:10 PM

Why?

I think Jurco has a lot of talent but I see him more as a 3rd liner. Teemu has the scoring ability to be a top 6 forward. Of course this is speculation and my opinion after seeing both Jurco and Teemu play in GR

#46 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,124 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 09:46 PM

Man, they weren't lying, his slapshot is no joke.

Those back to back slappers at the end were great. Hopefully its as effective against NHL goaltenders.

That was freaking hilarious.  Same spot.  Same game.  Literally back to back.

Too bad I'm going to the Griffins game tomorrow and he won't be there.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#47 Wingsfan72

Wingsfan72

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 10:01 PM

Friday. Slapper. Goal.

Glitch goals.

If I die tell my wife I said, "Hello".

#48 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,124 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 10:28 PM

Ha! Cross crease pass glitch!  Top of the dot glitch!  Point deke glitch!

#49 Datsyukian-Deke

Datsyukian-Deke

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 11:12 PM

Friday. Slapper. Goal.

He has an absolute cannon! I wouldn't mind seeing him at the point on our second power play unit.

#50 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,086 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 03:22 AM

A friend of mine is a bartender at a bar in Grand Rapids that the Griffins frequent quite a bit. He's met Teemu a couple of times and said that he's incredibly nice and friendly and down to earth (unlike others he's met, like Smith, who he says used to get wasted and run his mouth like he's hot stuff) he's also spoken with Glendening a few times, who he says is also very classy and soft spoken in real life. He said to me that he asked Glenny about Pulkkinen, and all Luke had to say was that his slap shot is unreal and is "the best he's ever seen"

He works as a bouncer as well and experienced Chris Chelios coming into the bar about a year ago as well. He said he took Chris's ID before looking at him and said "hey, your Chris Chelios" (as an excited fan would) Chris apparently responded "Glad you can read" and proceeded into the bar lol

#51 number9

number9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,086 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 04:09 AM

Pulkkinen is the obvious next forward call up, leading the Griffs in goals and points at the moment.

But has anyone seen Almqvists numbers this season? I know many of you have considered shipping him out in a trade, but damn he's proving to be an offensive force as a Dman. Despite his size I'm starting to favor him over Marchenko, Ouellet, Sproul and Jensen. Blashill said at the beginning of the year that he's undersized and would have to find his niche as smart puck mover if he's ever going to make the big leagues. He seems to be taking that to heart. We might have a Torey Krug on our hands.

#52 number9

number9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,086 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 04:14 AM

Almqvist has 42 points in 57 AHL games btw. Assist machine. Might be the setup man at D we've been needing.

And can't lie, kind of excited to hear Daniels say "Almqvist to Nyquist, and he scoressssssqvist"

#53 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,228 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 08:10 AM

That shot is awesome.  I'm worried that he won't have the time or space to tee it up in the NHL as frequently as he's used to, but I definitely could see him being an impact player on the power play, if nothing else.

#54 DickieDunn

DickieDunn

http://redwingsandotherthings.wordpress.com/

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 09:50 AM

Why?

I think Jurco has a lot of talent but I see him more as a 3rd liner. Teemu has the scoring ability to be a top 6 forward. Of course this is speculation and my opinion after seeing both Jurco and Teemu play in GR

Jurco is bigger faster and other than his shot he has better hand than Pulk. I don't see him as a 3rd liner.

Oh this young man has had a very trying rookie season, with the litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country's refusal to accept him, well, I guess that's more than most 21-year-olds can handle... Ogie Ogilthorpe!

#55 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,484 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 11:08 AM

http://kuklaskorner....n-skating-early

Looks like the ines in practice are:

93 - 17 - 8

21 - 15 - 14

44 - 41 - 11

20 - 25 - Pulkinen

Playing with Miller and Emmerton on the fourth line should give him ample chance to prove himself :sarcasm:

At least they have him on the point on the second PP unit.

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#56 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,124 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 11:11 AM

93 - 17 - 8

21 - 15 - 14

44 - 41 - 11

20 - 25 - Pulkinen

Playing with Miller and Emmerton on the fourth line should give him ample chance to prove himself :sarcasm:

No kidding.  Even our front office can see that's where he needs to be with that slapper.

#57 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,199 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 11:24 AM

A friend of mine is a bartender at a bar in Grand Rapids that the Griffins frequent quite a bit. He's met Teemu a couple of times and said that he's incredibly nice and friendly and down to earth (unlike others he's met, like Smith, who he says used to get wasted and run his mouth like he's hot stuff) he's also spoken with Glendening a few times, who he says is also very classy and soft spoken in real life. He said to me that he asked Glenny about Pulkkinen, and all Luke had to say was that his slap shot is unreal and is "the best he's ever seen"

He works as a bouncer as well and experienced Chris Chelios coming into the bar about a year ago as well. He said he took Chris's ID before looking at him and said "hey, your Chris Chelios" (as an excited fan would) Chris apparently responded "Glad you can read" and proceeded into the bar lol

lol

Yeah, Pulkkinen is very nice, friendly, from what I've seen of him. I can totally see Smith getting wasted and calling himself the next Tom Brady or something. And that sounds like classic Chelly.

As for Jurco - he's probably more of a third-liner right now, but certainly he projects as a first-line player. Which is great. As much as I like Pulkkinen, he doesn't project as a first-liner. More of a second-liner, maybe a third-liner.

As for Jurco - he's probably more of a third-liner right now, but certainly he projects as a first-line player. Which is great. As much as I like Pulkkinen, he doesn't project as a first-liner. More of a second-liner, maybe a third-liner.

dat shot tho

Don't Toews me, bro!

#58 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,484 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 11:27 AM

lol

Yeah, Pulkkinen is very nice, friendly, from what I've seen of him. I can totally see Smith getting wasted and calling himself the next Tom Brady or something. And that sounds like classic Chelly.

At this point, neither of them are probably good enough defensively to play in Babcock's top six when the team is healthy.

Jurco's size makes him a better fit in the top six though. I can see Pulkinen being used like Hudler was back in the day: 3rd line with 2nd line updise.  

I'd love to see Jurco on Datsyuk's wing in the near future. I feel like he could haul the piano like Abby, but also play it a bit too.

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#59 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,199 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 11:34 AM

That shot is awesome.  I'm worried that he won't have the time or space to tee it up in the NHL as frequently as he's used to, but I definitely could see him being an impact player on the power play, if nothing else.

It's definitely going to be much harder for him in The Big League. Which worries me. Half a second and half an inch is HUGE. But I feel like his shot is literally as good as it could possibly, humanly be, so we'll see how it plays out. Playing the point on the PP will give him some time and space and leeway to figure some things out, hopefully.

At this point, neither of them are probably good enough defensively to play in Babcock's top six when the team is healthy.

Jurco's size makes him a better fit in the top six though. I can see Pulkinen being used like Hudler was back in the day: 3rd line with 2nd line updise.  

I'd love to see Jurco on Datsyuk's wing in the near future. I feel like he could haul the piano like Abby, but also play it a bit too.

No, I absolutely agree - Babs will die before he gives either of them serious top-six duties on a healthy roster, unless he feels like he really has to. But Jurco is definitely much better suited for it now than Pulkkinen is because of his size and the game he plays.

I still think Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Jurco could be awesome.

Edited by Dabura, 13 March 2014 - 11:40 AM.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#60 krsmith17

krsmith17

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 769 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 11:39 AM

93 - 17 - 8

21 - 15 - 14

44 - 41 - 11

20 - 25 - Pulkinen

I'd much rather something like...

Nyquist - Franzen - Alfredsson

Tatar - Legwand - Pulkkinen

Abdelkader - Sheahan - Bertuzzi

Miller - Glendenning - Callahan

Babcock is terrible at line adjustments.

Abdelkader is not a top line player. How is Alfredsson supposed to do anything on a line with Glendenning and Bertuzzi? How is Pulkkinen supposed to show what he can do on the 4th line with Emmerton and Miller? C'mon Babs, put players in a position to succeed, instead of always setting them up for failure.

Edited by krsmith17, 13 March 2014 - 11:43 AM.