• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#61 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,087 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 12:13 PM

The one thing that should really work in Pulks's favor is that Babs has complained, quite explicitly, that we don't shoot the puck enough, and that that's a big reason why we're always hurting for goals. Given that, and the fact that we've scored all of one goal across our last two games (against the Rangers and Jackets, two beatable teams), and the fact that our PP hasn't been getting it done...to me, that should at least get Pulkkinen into game action.

On a more general note - it's kinda weird to me that we've had all this success with rookies and call-ups, but we're so hesitant to give this kid and his ten-ton cannon a legitimate...shot. (Pun.) I mean, I can understand the reasoning. Bertuzzi's actually been reasonably productive (and a threat on the PP), so swapping him for a diminutive, defensively suspect call-up probably won't give us more than what we'd get by just keeping Bertuzzi in. But we won't really know for sure unless we try. And, again, it's not like our rookie forwards haven't been blowing away expectations all season long.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#62 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,923 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 12:21 PM

I think between Tatar, Nyqvuist, Sheahan, and Jurco, the Wings' organization should have enough evidence to loosen the leash a bit on our prospects. I fully understand starting Pulkinen on the fourth because we frankly know nothing about his NHL game, but if he is demonstrating solid play in the first period on the fourth line, Babs needs to be ready to shuffle him up and see what happens.

#63 krsmith17

krsmith17

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 12:33 PM

I think between Tatar, Nyqvuist, Sheahan, and Jurco, the Wings' organization should have enough evidence to loosen the leash a bit on our prospects. I fully understand starting Pulkinen on the fourth because we frankly know nothing about his NHL game, but if he is demonstrating solid play in the first period on the fourth line, Babs needs to be ready to shuffle him up and see what happens.

The problem is, he probably won't demonstrate solid play on the 4th line, because that just isn't his game. He is not a checker so why put him in that role? Put the kid on a line with a couple players that can actually tee it up for him in the slot. Emmerton and Miller are not those players.

#64 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,087 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 12:34 PM

we frankly know nothing about his NHL game

Well, we know he's a no-talent thug. So, at the very least, he breaks Taylor Hall's arm.

(Taylor Hall only has one arm.)

Don't Toews me, bro!

#65 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,923 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 01:24 PM

Well, we know he's a no-talent thug. So, at the very least, he breaks Taylor Hall's arm.

(Taylor Hall only has one arm.)

He does have a suspension history due to his charging tendencies

Edited by Echolalia, 13 March 2014 - 01:24 PM.

#66 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,988 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 01:46 PM

He does have a suspension history due to his charging tendencies

Sick him on Comeau, March 25th.

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#67 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 02:15 PM

http://kuklaskorner....n-skating-early

Looks like the ines in practice are:

93 - 17 - 8

21 - 15 - 14

44 - 41 - 11

20 - 25 - Pulkinen

Playing with Miller and Emmerton on the fourth line should give him ample chance to prove himself :sarcasm:

At least they have him on the point on the second PP unit.

Seeing #11 there scared me for a second,then I realized it's #71 now :lol:

#68 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 02:23 PM

Seeing #11 there scared me for a second,then I realized it's #71 now :lol:

You know how many times I've done that this year?  "Holy crap, Cleary looks decent out there.  Oh wait."

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#69 wings4thecup06

wings4thecup06

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 905 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 02:29 PM

Frankly, I'm just excited to see what he's got. I'm hoping he plays well enough in the first to get a promotion to another line. We shall see, but here's hoping the Oilers take a few penalties in the first. Anyone know what number he's wearing?

Scratch that...

looks like number 56 according to Ansar

Edited by wings4thecup06, 13 March 2014 - 02:31 PM.

temp 1

#70 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,520 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 02:49 PM

With Jurco out, why is Alfredsson still not playing with Sheahan and Tatar?  It could boost his production and give the kids a really good producer.  

Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#71 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,726 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 02:51 PM

The one highlight of going to this game will be seeing Pulkkinen and the kids live. Obviously why I bought the tickets I wanted to see the Pavs/Z show.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#72 Datsyukian-Deke

Datsyukian-Deke

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 05:59 PM

With Jurco out, why is Alfredsson still not playing with Sheahan and Tatar?  It could boost his production and give the kids a really good producer.  

Maybe with Alfies age they dont want him getting second line minutes.

Edited by Datsyukian-Deke, 13 March 2014 - 05:59 PM.

#73 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,648 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 06:54 PM

Maybe with Alfies age they dont want him getting second line minutes.

He's not being used with his strengths. He was almost a PPG earlier this year playing in a top 6 role, now he is playing with players that aren't that good in comparison to how he plays the game.

He deserves to be given top 6 role. No offense to Abby but he doesn't deserve to be on the top line over Alfie, especially since he has 1/3 the amount of points.

#74 Fonzarelli

Fonzarelli

Rookie

• Pip
  • 131 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 07:37 PM

I disagree that Pulkinen should be on the 4 th line. Put him itch Tatar and Sheahan. My biggest complaint about Babcock is his inability to put proper players together. If Pulkinen is on the 4th line, it explains one of the reasons why the Wings are in the mess they're in.

#75 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,980 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 07:57 PM

i agree we need to win games and on paper he would mesh well with tatar and sheahan but we dont know what hes capable of yet. he might be a turnover machine, defensive liability, etc.

hope he rips a couple huge slappers tomorrow

#76 jaycen

jaycen

Draftee

• 7 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 09:27 PM

Well, as there's not much to be looking forward to or glowing about in our current situation, it would be nice to see some of this when he steps on the ice....

#77 Namingway

Namingway

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,921 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 09:41 PM

Good stuff! I was literally just watching this video a couple minutes ago:

#78 Son of a Wing

Son of a Wing

London Lions Captain

• Gold Booster
  • 1,776 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 10:22 PM

AHL Highlights

"The leader must never close the gap between himself and the group. If he does, he is no longer what he must be. He must walk a tightrope between the consent he must win and the control he must exert."
Vince Lombardi

When asked who won, Babcock said, “Well it doesn’t really matter as long as you don’t lose. It’s like going bear hunting, you take a slow guy with you in case the bear is hungry.”

#79 wingfan1991

wingfan1991

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 10:32 PM

Looking forward to seeing him... Looks like he belongs!

#80 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,459 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 10:37 PM

we have so many injuries, there are not enough stalls so Teemu is "homeless" at the Joe.  :lol:  

Hope you score a whole bunch, baby!

pocketfinnteemu_zps7689d2ec.jpg

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever