• Please log in to reply
546 replies to this topic

#441 Andrew Hasek 1986

Andrew Hasek 1986

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 10:13 PM

Great game glade to see us come back. Looking forward to the NY Rangers Game. Hope we win and get closer to getting to the playoffs. I know if we play like this from here on out will make the playoffs. #17 was great we wouldn't have won the last two games with out him!! Great job Ken Holland!! :)

#442 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,014 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 10:14 PM

12298804563_e324430296.jpg

I could add some horns and more hair to this beauty

Every time I see that picture, I think serial killer.

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#443 Dave

Dave

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 10:14 PM

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Alfredsson
Nyquist - Legwand - Franzen
Tatar - Sheahan - Jurco
Weiss - Helm - Abdelkader

Is going to be by far the best forward corps in the playoffs. And that's with other solid players scratched. Really too bad we didn't land that Dman.

Retool the D this summer and we could be hot again

Talk about rolling 4 lines! Just send the boys in waves. Teams would be hard pressed to find an answer.

#444 PavelValerievichDatsyuk

PavelValerievichDatsyuk

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 10:15 PM

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Alfredsson
Nyquist - Legwand - Franzen
Tatar - Sheahan - Jurco
Weiss - Helm - Abdelkader

Is going to be by far the best forward corps in the playoffs. And that's with other solid players scratched. Really too bad we didn't land that Dman.

Retool the D this summer and we could be hot again

Weiss comes back, plays well, then in the summer we flip him for Edler and sign Legwand. Stanley Cup

#445 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,917 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 10:17 PM

Babs options at forward are endless now. In love.
Zetterberg will literally never be forced to play C again baring injuries, hoorayyyy!

#446 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 10:19 PM

The really great thing about this win? The kid line combined for one point (an assist).

Don't Toews me, bro!

#447 dropkickshanahans

dropkickshanahans

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,578 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 10:20 PM

Gustavson is like the ultimate goalie troll.  He has horrible mechanics, terrible rebound control, loses sight of the puck regularly, and then has better numbers than most of the league.

Mabus should photoshop trollface onto Gus

OO OO  OO formal request:  and add "U MAD JIMMY?"

I agree with this.

#448 number9

number9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,917 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 10:20 PM

The really great thing about this win? The kid line combined for one point (an assist).

Trade em, they're useless like calle

#449 gcom007

gcom007

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,177 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 10:23 PM

Legwand took the idea for a good line and turned it into a monster. I can't believe they just started playing together! And this is game 2 for them. They are only likely to get better together.

But my concern is how Franzen will respond once Dats and Z are back. The guy seems to find a way to elevate his game when the big guys are out but goes back to mostly disappearing when they return. If he can work around that and this line stays hot, once the playoffs roll around, if we have Dats and Z back with Alfie on the top line and the Franzen-Legwand-Nyquist line 2nd, this is a team that can make a stink. Franzen will have to be at his best though because it's highly unlikely that even if Z is back, he's not going to be in top form.

-Elliot

#450 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,373 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 10:27 PM

I agree with this.

He is like a welfare Hasek.

Legwand took the idea for a good line and turned it into a monster. I can't believe they just started playing together! And this is game 2 for them. They are only likely to get better together.

But my concern is how Franzen will respond once Dats and Z are back. The guy seems to find a way to elevate his game when the big guys are out but goes back to mostly disappearing when they return. If he can work around that and this line stays hot, once the playoffs roll around, if we have Dats and Z back with Alfie on the top line and the Franzen-Legwand-Nyquist line 2nd, this is a team that can make a stink. Franzen will have to be at his best though because it's highly unlikely that even if Z is back, he's not going to be in top form.

If there has been one thing Mule has been since about 20 games into the season, it has been consistent. He was on a huge tear before his concussion, and he has been tearing it up since his return. With the playoff push on, I'm confident he'll keep busting his ass.

#451 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,362 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 10:27 PM

12298804563_e324430296.jpg

I could add some horns and more hair to this beauty

JOMMY GUSTAVWARD

:lol:

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

Just look at how he hangs his sunglasses from his banana hammock in that last pic.  This guyf****** rules. --kipwinger

#452 gcom007

gcom007

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,177 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 10:28 PM

Weiss comes back, plays well, then in the summer we flip him for Edler and sign Legwand. Stanley Cup

If Dats is healthy in the playoffs, the kids stay strong and Weiss comes back and plays halfway descent, there's nothing stopping this team from making a run this year. I'll say it again and again: when you have guys like Dats and Z around, you've got a chance every year. We've been lucky to have the injuries in some ways because it got some of these kids taking on bigger roles that they're ready to battle into. We're a better team with our kids than we are with the scrubs Holland keeps signing. The D needs work, no doubt, but they've been better than they probably should be. Jimmy is capable when he's on his game.

There's no reason they can't do something this year if at least Dats is truly healthy in the playoffs. Z isn't going to be, but if he's around, he'll help; he'll be a strong leader and push the guys around him to be better, and he could surprise us. He's that type of player. But we can't rely on that. Dats is going to have to be big.

-Elliot

#453 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 10:29 PM

Trade em, they're useless like calle

Agreed.

No but srsly...my point was, the kid line can get shut down and we might still be more than ok. Which is extremely comforting, or at least encouraging.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#454 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,042 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 10:29 PM

Anyone missing Brunner?

#455 Jersey Wing

Jersey Wing

Watching Eastern Conference hockey before it was cool...

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 10:31 PM

If the Griffins pull this off and make the playoffs for the 23rd straight season that 3 minutes 15 seconds in the second period were it went from 2-3 to 5-3 will be the catalyst.

14767451334_8f0d14d8cb_o.jpg

#456 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,014 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 10:31 PM

Anyone missing Brunner?

Yep. The Devils.

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#457 The Datsyukian Deke

The Datsyukian Deke

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 99 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 10:33 PM

Anyone missing Brunner?

Who?

;)

Lidstrom: "Retiring today allows me to walk away from the game with pride, rather than have the game walk away from me."

#458 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,243 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 10:33 PM

13002094435_d0f82de1a4_n.jpg

Troll Monster steal win. Troll Monster make Howard look bad. Troll Monster happy.

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#459 number9

number9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,917 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 10:34 PM

Franzen definitely elevating when he's the go to guy. But has anyone noticed how he's played recently? Way more in your face, running his mouth type attitude. Hoping he just feels better and is ready to push

#460 Jersey Wing

Jersey Wing

Watching Eastern Conference hockey before it was cool...

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 10:44 PM

I don't know how Franzen could look SO BAD last night against Colorado, like he'd been drinking entire bottles of Robitussin before going out on the ice, and tonight he had that perfect deft touch and control of a surgeon.

14767451334_8f0d14d8cb_o.jpg