• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
nyqvististhefuture

Weiss - who would take him next season and does he have a full NTC

Rate this topic

Too much of the pie tied up in a 3c for too little ROI. Would see diminishing returns on that money, so

we'd keep a younger faster cheaper Sheahan and Helm in the 3-4 spots, use the money savings to bolster D and Pavs wing.

First, neither are 3rd centers. Second, one can play wing.

His value is so low, the return would be minimal. I would rather see Weiss get healthy and contribute like he has before in his career. I think he deserves more of a chance here until the contract is declared an overwhelming failure.

Totally agree. He is going to be a really good player for us I believe. Even this year if we make it to post season i think he'll contribute. He is too good of a player to just give up on when he's had these injuries. I lived in Florida for many years and got to watch allot if Weiss and i really like what i saw ;-). Patience Daniel Son.... Edited by MaynardJmzKeenan

can nashville,have tootoo back,please.We will give y'all anybody,but weber,rinne,josi,

I'm with you on this but seeing that we didn't pick him up off waivers, that ship has sailed :-(. No neck wants no part of him for some reason. I miss him and his energy when i go to pRedwing games. Edited by MaynardJmzKeenan

I'm with you on this but seeing that we didn't pick him up off waivers, that ship has sailed :-(. No neck wants no part of him for some reason. I miss him and his energy when i go to pRedwing games.

Someone might take Tootoo for a late pick before the buyout period. I think a big part of the reason nobody took him this season is because of the cap situation most teams were in.

We do have a buyout left to use this summer. Weiss? Franzen? Or waste it on TooToo?

Can't compliance buyout Weiss because he was signed after the new CBA, and can't use one on Tootoo because he doesn't make 2 million or more.

The Wings wont be using their 2nd.

Can't compliance buyout Weiss because he was signed after the new CBA, and can't use one on Tootoo because he doesn't make 2 million or more.

The Wings wont be using their 2nd.

NOTE: The $3 million minimum applied only to accelerated compliance buyouts and does not apply to normal compliance buyouts.

from capgeek

Weiss can play wing. No reason it has to be either Legwand or Weiss.

Franzen-Datsyuk-Z

Weiss-Legwand-Alfredsson

is a heck of a top 6.

Then, Tatar-Sheahan-Nyquist as the 2b line.

yes please. :D

that would likely leave jurco at the first "injury call up" position.

I'd really like to see him start the season in detroit but that top nine would be incredible.

so stoked on how much sheahan (& everyone else) has broken out this year

Also, some people just don't understand the cap era, and won't be happy unless we can ice a roster of future hall of famers.

and tears form remembering 2002 team with that lineup.....d*mn you cap d*mn you

I'm convinced that team caused the salary cap era to begin :P

Hmmmm, never really gave the thought of Weiss playing wing...that could work out wonderfully. BOTH Jurco and Glendening have exemptions remaining to cover next season, so much like Nyke this season, they can start the year in GR without the chance of losing them, thus opening up two roster spots up front...lets look at this:

I hate Franzen anyway, and I especially hate him on the top line. Nyke should be there and that is where I am starting him.

Nyke - Dats - Z

Weiss - Leggy - Alfie

Fish - Tinky - Abby

Franzine - Barbie - Miller

(Andy - Ferraro - Dirty Harry)

Kronner - Big E

Smitty - UFA (Morris)

Diesel - UFA (Mitchell)

Laser

Ugh (Howard)

Vokoun

That's 24 players with Glenny and Jurx stating GR. Trading Kindl (no so) Fire and Almost Almqvist for a couple of picks. If you feel the pinch of a lower cap, then Andy can be packaged as well, or maybe sign bit cheaper D-man instead of one of Mitchell or Morris. Unless you'd want to roll the dice on Marchenko and only sign Morris.

I know this is a Weiss thread, and I really didn't mean to respond with a roster of possible next season ufa's, but the idea of Weiss playing wing lead me to where I may be able to put others...sorry.

Hmmmm, never really gave the thought of Weiss playing wing...that could work out wonderfully. BOTH Jurco and Glendening have exemptions remaining to cover next season, so much like Nyke this season, they can start the year in GR without the chance of losing them, thus opening up two roster spots up front...lets look at this:

The kicker on Luke is that he's only got 14 games (2 years or 60 NHL games total) before that exemption runs out. He plays the rest of this year and a playoff series, and he's no longer exempt. So I imagine there are a few guys on the outside looking in.

I hate Franzen anyway, and I especially hate him on the top line. Nyke should be there and that is where I am starting him.

Nyke - Dats - Z

Weiss - Leggy - Alfie

Fish - Tinky - Abby

Kronner - Big E

Smitty - UFA (Morris)

Diesel - UFA (Mitchell)

Laser

Ugh (Howard)

Vokoun

That's 24 players with Glenny and Jurx stating GR. Trading Kindl (no so) Fire and Almost Almqvist for a couple of picks. If you feel the pinch of a lower cap, then Andy can be packaged as well, or maybe sign bit cheaper D-man instead of one of Mitchell or Morris. Unless you'd want to roll the dice on Marchenko and only sign Morris.

I know this is a Weiss thread, and I really didn't mean to respond with a roster of possible next season ufa's, but the idea of Weiss playing wing lead me to where I may be able to put others...sorry.

Franzen on the fourth line is ridiculous, I understand your disdain with him, but he is still valuable in the top 6, good for 25-30 goals. When your team lacks offense you don't cut the ice time of one of the few guys who can score.

Nyke - Dats - Z

Weiss - Leggy - Alfie

Fish - Tinky - Abby

Kronner - Big E

Smitty - UFA (Morris)

Diesel - UFA (Mitchell)

Laser

Ugh (Howard)

Vokoun

Those are the worst, most forced nicknames I've ever seen. Seriously....please just type their names out.

Glad someone beat me to this.

Those are the worst, most forced nicknames I've ever seen. Seriously....please just type their names out.

Seriously, I still don't know who fish is... wait.. Tatar.. nevermind.

Edited by FireCaptain