• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#61 DickieDunn

DickieDunn

http://redwingsandotherthings.wordpress.com/

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 12:13 PM

I'm with you on this but seeing that we didn't pick him up off waivers, that ship has sailed :-(. No neck wants no part of him for some reason. I miss him and his energy when i go to pRedwing games.

Someone might take Tootoo for a late pick before the buyout period.  I think a big part of the reason nobody took him this season is because of the cap situation most teams were in.

Oh this young man has had a very trying rookie season, with the litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country's refusal to accept him, well, I guess that's more than most 21-year-olds can handle... Ogie Ogilthorpe!

#62 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 12:34 PM

Toots for Weber.. get err done Kenny.

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#63 FlashyG

FlashyG

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,145 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 01:10 PM

We do have a buyout left to use this summer. Weiss? Franzen? Or waste it on TooToo?

Can't compliance buyout Weiss because he was signed after the new CBA, and can't use one on Tootoo because he doesn't make 2 million or more.

The Wings wont be using their 2nd.

#64 DickieDunn

DickieDunn

http://redwingsandotherthings.wordpress.com/

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 01:39 PM

Can't compliance buyout Weiss because he was signed after the new CBA, and can't use one on Tootoo because he doesn't make 2 million or more.

The Wings wont be using their 2nd.

NOTE: The $3 million minimum applied only to accelerated compliance buyouts and does not apply to normal compliance buyouts.

from capgeek

Oh this young man has had a very trying rookie season, with the litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country's refusal to accept him, well, I guess that's more than most 21-year-olds can handle... Ogie Ogilthorpe!

#65 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 10:25 PM

Weiss can play wing. No reason it has to be either Legwand or Weiss.

Franzen-Datsyuk-Z
Weiss-Legwand-Alfredsson

is a heck of a top 6.

Then, Tatar-Sheahan-Nyquist as the 2b line.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#66 AtlantaHotWings

AtlantaHotWings

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 07:27 AM

Also, some people just don't understand the cap era, and won't be happy unless we can ice a roster of future hall of famers. 

and tears form remembering 2002 team with that lineup.....d*mn you cap d*mn you

"Wakie, wakie hands off Snakie" - Jason Lee of Earl

#67 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 07:54 AM

Weiss can play wing. No reason it has to be either Legwand or Weiss.

Franzen-Datsyuk-Z
Weiss-Legwand-Alfredsson

is a heck of a top 6.

Then, Tatar-Sheahan-Nyquist as the 2b line.

yes please. :D 

that would likely leave jurco at the first "injury call up" position.

I'd really like to see him start the season in detroit but that top nine would be incredible.

so stoked on how much sheahan (& everyone else) has broken out this year

Also, some people just don't understand the cap era, and won't be happy unless we can ice a roster of future hall of famers. 

and tears form remembering 2002 team with that lineup.....d*mn you cap d*mn you

I'm convinced that team caused the salary cap era to begin :P 

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#68 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,608 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 09:11 AM

Hmmmm, never really gave the thought of Weiss playing wing...that could work out wonderfully.  BOTH Jurco and Glendening have exemptions remaining to cover next season, so much like Nyke this season, they can start the year in GR without the chance of losing them, thus opening up two roster spots up front...lets look at this:

I hate Franzen anyway, and I especially hate him on the top line.  Nyke should be there and that is where I am starting him.

Nyke - Dats - Z

Weiss - Leggy - Alfie

Fish - Tinky - Abby

Franzine - Barbie - Miller

(Andy - Ferraro - Dirty Harry)

Kronner - Big E

Smitty - UFA (Morris)

Diesel - UFA (Mitchell)

Laser

Ugh (Howard)

Vokoun

That's 24 players with Glenny and Jurx stating GR.  Trading Kindl (no so) Fire and Almost Almqvist for a couple of picks.  If you feel the pinch of a lower cap, then Andy can be packaged as well, or maybe sign bit cheaper D-man instead of one of Mitchell or Morris. Unless you'd want to roll the dice on Marchenko and only sign Morris.

I know this is a Weiss thread, and I really didn't mean to respond with a roster of possible next season ufa's, but the idea of Weiss playing wing lead me to where I may be able to put others...sorry.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#69 Jesusberg

Jesusberg

1st Line All-Star

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,616 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 09:21 AM

Hmmmm, never really gave the thought of Weiss playing wing...that could work out wonderfully.  BOTH Jurco and Glendening have exemptions remaining to cover next season, so much like Nyke this season, they can start the year in GR without the chance of losing them, thus opening up two roster spots up front...lets look at this:

The kicker on Luke is that he's only got 14 games (2 years or 60 NHL games total) before that exemption runs out. He plays the rest of this year and a playoff series, and he's no longer exempt. So I imagine there are a few guys on the outside looking in.

#70 Krayzie_Bone

Krayzie_Bone

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 10:48 AM

Idk Everyone wants him gone but Id like to see him play. Its not like he has really had a chance to show what he can do. Maybe he will be a nice fit?

#71 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,129 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 11:19 AM

I hate Franzen anyway, and I especially hate him on the top line.  Nyke should be there and that is where I am starting him.

Nyke - Dats - Z
Weiss - Leggy - Alfie
Fish - Tinky - Abby

Kronner - Big E
Smitty - UFA (Morris)
Diesel - UFA (Mitchell)
Laser

Ugh (Howard)
Vokoun

That's 24 players with Glenny and Jurx stating GR.  Trading Kindl (no so) Fire and Almost Almqvist for a couple of picks.  If you feel the pinch of a lower cap, then Andy can be packaged as well, or maybe sign bit cheaper D-man instead of one of Mitchell or Morris. Unless you'd want to roll the dice on Marchenko and only sign Morris.

I know this is a Weiss thread, and I really didn't mean to respond with a roster of possible next season ufa's, but the idea of Weiss playing wing lead me to where I may be able to put others...sorry.

Franzen on the fourth line is ridiculous, I understand your disdain with him, but he is still valuable in the top 6, good for 25-30 goals. When your team lacks offense you don't cut the ice time of one of the few guys who can score.

#72 Dave

Dave

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 12:38 PM

Nyke - Dats - Z

Weiss - Leggy - Alfie

Fish - Tinky - Abby

Kronner - Big E

Smitty - UFA (Morris)

Diesel - UFA (Mitchell)

Laser

Ugh (Howard)

Vokoun

Those are the worst, most forced nicknames I've ever seen. Seriously....please just type their names out.

#73 krsmith17

krsmith17

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 12:48 PM

Those are the worst, most forced nicknames I've ever seen. Seriously....please just type their names out.

Thank you! This! X 1,000,000...

#74 FireCaptain

FireCaptain

Whaddya mean I can't beat BOSTON?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 12:54 PM

Glad someone beat me to this.

Seriously, I still don't know who fish is... wait.. Tatar.. nevermind.

Edited by FireCaptain, 27 March 2014 - 12:54 PM.

Most nights, my posts are brought to you by Heineken and sarcasm.
Success has a thousand fathers, failure is an orphan.
We not score, is hard to win. - Pavel Datsyuk #13

#75 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,361 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 01:02 PM

Names Goose and Mule somehow didn't make the cut

#76 Bannedforlife

Bannedforlife

In heaven, everything is fine.

• PipPipPipPip
  • 798 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 01:22 PM

I don't understand what the big deal is. If a grown man wants to spend all his free time thinking up nicknames and line combinations for a bunch of kids that he's never met, that's his right. And I don't think there's anything creepy or sad about it at all. AT ALL.

And I'm not being sarcastic. Not even a little.

Edited by Bannedforlife, 27 March 2014 - 01:36 PM.

#77 wings4thecup06

wings4thecup06

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 01:42 PM

I don't understand what the big deal is. If a grown man wants to spend all his free time thinking up nicknames and line combinations for a bunch of kids that he's never met, that's his right. And I don't think there's anything creepy or sad about it at all. AT ALL.

And I'm not being sarcastic. Not even a little.

That's fine, but a little translation for those of us who don't know who 'barbie's is would have been useful. Otherwise we can't appreciate the post fully...

temp 1

#78 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,608 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 01:55 PM

folks get charged because Helm is so fragile, I sometimes call him Barbie Doll. The rest you all know. No biggie, the nicknames weren't my point.

Franzen doesn't score except for about 5 weeks out of the season, that is why he is on the 4th line. Pretty sad when 4 or 5 pure rookies have past you on the importance chart.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#79 Dave

Dave

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 02:07 PM

folks get charged because Helm is so fragile, I sometimes call him Barbie Doll. The rest you all know. No biggie, the nicknames weren't my point.

Franzen doesn't score except for about 5 weeks out of the season, that is why he is on the 4th line. Pretty sad when 4 or 5 pure rookies have past you on the importance chart.

Right, but they were so bad that I couldn't focus on anything else.

Just because you don't like Franzen doesn't mean he should be on the 4th line. The fact is, he's better than 9 other players on this team. Or at the very least, he's better than 6 other forwards. So either way, he will be on the 1st or 2nd line.

#80 Son of a Wing

Son of a Wing

London Lions Captain

• Gold Booster
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 02:32 PM

No biggie, the nicknames weren't my point.

Nyke,  Leggy,  Fish,  Tinky,  Franzine, Barbie,  Dirty Harry, Diesel, Laser, Glenny,  Jurx,  Kindl(no so)Fire

Riiiiiiight........lol

"The leader must never close the gap between himself and the group. If he does, he is no longer what he must be. He must walk a tightrope between the consent he must win and the control he must exert."
Vince Lombardi

When asked who won, Babcock said, “Well it doesn’t really matter as long as you don’t lose. It’s like going bear hunting, you take a slow guy with you in case the bear is hungry.”