• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Richdg

Mark Fayne

Rate this topic

As you watch the game tonight, leep an eye on #7 for NJ. That is pending UFA Dman Mark Fayne. He is 27 this summer, RHed, 6-3/210 and would be a great UFA pick up for us to pair with Dekeyser. No he is not a great O Dman, but he is one of NJ's best defensive Dman. if we could land him for say 5 years/15-20 million that would be an awesome pickup.

As long as Quincey's gone I'd take Brett Lebda back. No, no! Kenny it was just a joke.

But Quincey really has to go so he doesn't ruin DeKeyser from long-term exposure.

Edited by Nevermind

Guest DeGraa55

I still feel putting smith with kronwall and e with dekeyser is our best bet. Smith looked good with kronwall or you could out smith with dekeyser but I like that less cause they're both developing and I believe would both benefit themselves and the team by being paired with kronwall and e.

If people keep calling Kronner a number 2 I might lose it. He's our number one, he was Sweden's number one, he'd be a number one on over half the teams in the league. He's not a superstar or a legend, but he's a legit number one defenseman. If you honestly can't see the difference then, well, I don't know.

List all defensemen better than Kronwall. Aaaaaaaand go.

Bobby Orr Nicklas Lidstrom Zenglebert Bembledack I don't understand why we didn't trade Cleary and a 4th rounder for one of them at the deadline this is utter bulls***

Am I doing this right?

List all "available" Dmen better than Kronwall

Ok, I agree with Holland that we need a top pairing Dman. We will not win a Cup with Kronner and Ericsson as top pairing.

Edited by T.Low

Guest DeGraa55

I'll be the first to admit that for the last year or two I've said kronwall isn't a number one. But he has stepped up a lot and is a numer one.

He isn't elite by any means and there is about 10 guys maybe 15 better than him. But all things considered he isn't the issue. Also for the guys better than kronwall they won't be traded anyways so that's not even a pipe dream worth having.

I still believe our top four would be fine if smith was in it instead of Quincey but well we got the babs.

I'd be ok with moving any of the four guys in my top 4 if it landed is an equal skill level guy that is righty if not then stick with them as they will do well....once Quincey is gone....

what makes you a number 1 dman? just points? like the norris get the most points as a defensemen and win the norris. theres maybe a few better then him suter weber chara cause their defensive game. but hes as good as most other top guys in the league

i wouldnt mind adding 2 guys. keep kronwall E deke smith. add a offensive and shutdown guy. but theres not many choices come july 1st. i would like a big young guy like mark fayne. add a guy like ernoff and you got yourself a damn good defense

what makes you a number 1 dman? just points? like the norris get the most points as a defensemen and win the norris. theres maybe a few better then him suter weber chara cause their defensive game. but hes as good as most other top guys in the league

i wouldnt mind adding 2 guys. keep kronwall E deke smith. add a offensive and shutdown guy. but theres not many choices come july 1st. i would like a big young guy like mark fayne. add a guy like ernoff and you got yourself a damn good defense

IMO i think we need a puck mover, so yes a point guy, but even a corvo or zidlicky type guy would be good. I expect Kindl Smith to take steps forward next year

IMO i think we need a puck mover, so yes a point guy, but even a corvo or zidlicky type guy would be good. I expect Kindl Smith to take steps forward next year

While Zidlicky is a good defenseman, seeing him this week kind of makes me uneasy of him ever being a Red Wing. He was all over the place in a negative kind of way. He was caught out of position many times due to bad pinching decisions. I do not believe he is what this team needs. Fayne on the other hand could help our defensive core...just as long as Quincey goes.

List all defensemen better than Kronwall. Aaaaaaaand go.

Since you asked.....

Hjalmersson

Keith

Seabrook

Suter

Weber

Shattinkirk

Pietrangelo

Fowler?

Doughty

OEL

Yandle?

J Johnson

McDonagh

Girardi

martin?

Orpik

Letang-pre stroke

Carlsson

Chara

Subban

karlsson

Hedman

Gudas

Phanenf

Now some are clear cut and some it is personnel preferences-better on O or on D. But of those 24, they only one that Kronwall would be able to bring back in a trade by himself is Letang due to his stroke. Now in some cases the talent is close and age/contract becomes a bigger factor. But yes, that is 24 guys of the top-(ok it took me 5 mins) that are feel are better than Kronwall. A year from now the list will change again as older players decline and young guys develop. Bogo could move ahead, Dekeyser will move ahead, Braun with SJ, etc....

Biggest issue however is, none of these guys are available.

Edited by Richdg

Since you asked.....

Hjalmersson--No

Keith--Yes

Seabrook--No, not offensively

Suter--Yes

Weber--Yes

Shattinkirk--No

Pietrangelo--Yes

Fowler?--Not yet

Doughty--Yes, but not defensively

OEL--Not yet

Yandle?--No, not defensively

J Johnson--No, no hockey sense at all

McDonagh--Comparable

Girardi--No, not offensively

martin?--No, not offensively

Orpik--Hell no

Letang-pre stroke--No, fourth forward

Carlsson--Not yet

Chara--Yes

Subban--Yes, but not defensively

karlsson--Yes, but not defensively

Hedman--No

Gudas--No way hahahahahah

Phanenf--No, ask a Leafs fan

But yes, that is 24 guys of the top-(ok it took me 5 mins) that are feel are better than Kronwall.

Different doesn't necessarily mean better.

Edited by Nevermind