• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

MabusIncarnate

3/9 GDT: Red Wings at Rangers

Rate this topic

I definitely don't blame Howard for that loss. The 3rd goal was lame. It looked like Jimmy was far enough out of the net to think he was getting ready to head out for the extra attacker, but there was over 7 minutes left so there goes that. It just really seems like the boys always play better when Gustavsson is in net for whatever reason. I don't know what to make of today's effort. Hopefully tuesday they kill the BJ's and get back on track.

Again, nothing is ever on Howard. I don't understand this. Like, I get that he's a convenient scapegoat and that that's bulls***. But, at the same time, he's letting us down, hardcore. I'm not talking about this goal or that goal or this game or that game. I'm talking about a losing record and a mountain of suck in a season where we need him to be a superstar more than we've ever needed our #1 goalie to be a superstar. The fact that the team in front of him sucks makes it that much more essential that he not suck. He needs to be our best player. As Babs has said, we go as far as Jimmy Howard takes us. That's why people are going apes***. Because an underperforming Howard means we have no shot at anything, as nice as an overperforming Gustavsson is.

We need Dan Boyle this summer. I can't stress this enough.

Here is how Howard ranks in some categories.

Wins: 30th with 13 wins......Top 19 goalies all have 20+ wins

Overtime Loses: 1st with 10 (yes 10! overtime loses, not good)

GAA: 40th (subtracted a few guys who played less than 10 games)

SV%: 40th (again subtracted the guys with less than 10 games)

So what we have is a goalie who is CURRENTLY 30th-40th in terms of numbers compared to other NHL Goalies and has the most overtime/SO loses (meaning he isn't very clutch when the time comes).

I stressed Currently because you can argue about what he did in the past or what he might do in the future, but RIGHT NOW he is not very good. and nowhere near ELITE, unless you consider being the 30th best goalie in the league elite!

Edit: And I understand that it's not 100% his fault, the rest of the team has some impact on these numbers, but that only gets you so far. I mean Ryan Miller was putting up better numbers in BUF and they have a really s***ty team.

Edited by roboturner

bad day and game all round at the office, re-group for tuesday. still think that Kreider was offside on the 3rd goal thou.

The Bluejax are playing well and we'll have to up the anti to get any points there. Tampa and the Jax are in the W/C

spots now so it will be a big game for both teams. Would the front office please bring up Pulks and Sproul so we at

least have some sort of option on the point during PP. Both guys are righty's and have more mustard on their shots

than anyone not named Alfie!! Sit Lash and Glendening it cant be any worse surely!!

Put Smith on the PP! Absolutely ridiculous. DD is brutal single hardly killed a full minute on his own today. He has never done anything positive on the PP and I don't expect him to. Smith deserves that spot on the PP. He has the 2nd best shot from our defense and has a touch of offensive instincts

I know what his record is, but Gus scares the hell out of me when he's in net. The undeniable factor though, is the Wings seem to have a much different pace when he plays.

Sucks for Jimmy, but he is left to steal games more times than not.

i did suggest we should have traded Howard for Miller but got flack. Jimmy is very inconsistent to say the least, I would have give Miller

a 2 year deal for his home state team and Jimmy could have gone home to NY in Buffalo! Mrazek could back up Miller for 2 years and

then take over full time. Monster is just to injury prone to be relied on. I still say trade Jimmy in the off season to get the top D would

have to be in a package as the way he's played one for one wont get it done. No good being sentimental, if he struggles from now till

the end of the season we need to move him on, if we have any takers.

Just dominated in every category.

I mean, I can't think of last time where there wasn't a single instance that we almost even had a goal. No crossbars, no amazing saves, nothing. We might has well have had zero SOG.

And this is our team for the stretch run? What's the point? Just to squeeze in and be swept by Pens or Boston?

I too suggested the Miller acquisition. Seriously what has Howard done since losing Lids, Rafi and Stu? He has shown us just how below average he is. I say you package him and our 1st rounder at the draft. I know, NTC, who cares! Players can be convinced to waive it. Happens all the time!

Dear god what was Howard doing on that 3rd goal.

Com'on guys it wasn't his fault he was sooo out of position. Everybody knows it was a ghost of MSG that pushed him out like that cuz he would never be that far out of position on his own /sarcasm

Wings flat out had no chance of winning that game. I think they only had 2 legit scoring chances at best. That being said I ******* threw up in my mouth when I saw what Howard was doing on that third goal. I am in no way placing blame on Howard because the team wasn't going to score, but again, that third goal was pretty embarrassing.

look at the bright side: canadians may just get another proud olympian in martin st. louis, diving team though. he's got two years to make sure he is choosen.

ya he literally almost jumped out of his skates to get that call on quincey

What has Jimmy done since those three left?

2.13 GAA, .923 save percentage last regular season. Easily the biggest reason the Red Wings made the playoffs at all. Followed that up with a 2.44 GAA and .924 save percentage against the top two seeds in the West. Mind you, all in front of a makeshift defense.

So nothing, if you only want to look at Jimmy's struggles this season like he has never bailed the Red Wings out before or proven his worth.