• Please log in to reply
494 replies to this topic

#441 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,873 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 01:55 PM

Don't disagree with that but it be nice if he doesnt let in goals he should stop

Yeah, but on the second goal Ericsson looked like he was taking a s*** in front of the net instead of defending.

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#442 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,978 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 01:56 PM

I'm not a huge Howard supporter but he was easily the Wings best player. Every line was outplayed. I don't think Wings would score a goal even if Howard stood on his head and gave up 0 goals

#443 datterberg1340

datterberg1340

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 01:57 PM

can't wait for Babcock's assessment of the game:

'oh, well, I thought we did a lot of good things, except for you know, defend and score'

'we'll look after it'

#444 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

The whole team looked like they were hung over. No jump in their step what so ever.

#445 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,045 posts

Another great performance by the Wings. Glad I slept thru this one, being hungover sucks, but not as bad as the Wings apparently. Next game is against Columbus, a 4 point game, hopefully they are saving the goals for that one.

#NOMOREKINDL

#446 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,969 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 01:58 PM

The second goal was just a hard tto track deflection no chance on that but the third one, ugh. This team needs some serious stability on the defensive side I know it will not happen this season but for next season, take advantage of the Canucks firesale and get someone like Hamhuis, Bieksa, Ehrhoff or Andy Macdonald. Our goalies need to almost play flawlessly every time in order to have a chance..

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#447 GoWings!

GoWings!

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 01:59 PM

Ericsson has had maybe the worst two weeks of hockey his entire career. Quincey is still here and Lundqvist vs. Howard. Need I say more? Rangers play better defense than the Devils. They played with more heart and urgency today. Missing the playoffs might wake up management unfortunately.

#448 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,291 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 02:00 PM

Howard and Monster's records are proof that is not just the team in front of him, so that excuse completely invalid. Howard has been garbage this season anyway you look at it. 

Same save percentage, Howard's GAA is slightly higher. Monster's goaltending isn't why the team wins more with him playing, especially recently.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#449 datterberg1340

datterberg1340

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 02:01 PM

The second goal was just a hard tto track deflection no chance on that but the third one, ugh. This team needs some serious stability on the defensive side I know it will not happen this season but for next season, take advantage of the Canucks firesale and get someone like Hamhuis, Bieksa, Ehrhoff or Andy Macdonald. Our goalies need to almost play flawlessly every time in order to have a chance..

yes, please god get someone who can help the D, an upgrade is long overdue

I don't know if it's by design or what, but all our D were either drafted by the Wings(Kronner, Big E, Smith, Kindl, Lashoff, and Quincey) or signed out of college(Danny D)

not even sure it matters, either, but it is weird to have an entirely 'homegrown' D corps

#450 jeff48109

jeff48109

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,526 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 02:01 PM

what's our record in afternoon NBC games? 

#451 uk_redwing

uk_redwing

#25 Jamie Tardif

• Gold Booster
  • 3,850 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 02:02 PM

Watched the first period before turning the game off and finding something else to do. Boring as hell.

Posted Image
Turtling is for the weak
Grand Rapids Griffins Fights

#452 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,199 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 02:02 PM

I definitely don't blame Howard for that loss.  The 3rd goal was lame.  It looked like Jimmy was far enough out of the net to think he was getting ready to head out for the extra attacker, but there was over 7 minutes left so there goes that.  It just really seems like the boys always play better when Gustavsson is in net for whatever reason.  I don't know what to make of today's effort.  Hopefully tuesday they kill the BJ's and get back on track.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#453 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,978 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 02:04 PM

They've played 4 games in 6 nights. The top guns were gassed. Babcock should have maybe inserted some of the guys who didn't play as much up to the top line because the bottom 6 looked better than the top 6

#454 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,089 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 02:07 PM

Again, nothing is ever on Howard. I don't understand this. Like, I get that he's a convenient scapegoat and that that's bulls***. But, at the same time, he's letting us down, hardcore. I'm not talking about this goal or that goal or this game or that game. I'm talking about a losing record and a mountain of suck in a season where we need him to be a superstar more than we've ever needed our #1 goalie to be a superstar. The fact that the team in front of him sucks makes it that much more essential that he not suck. He needs to be our best player. As Babs has said, we go as far as Jimmy Howard takes us. That's why people are going apes***. Because an underperforming Howard means we have no shot at anything, as nice as an overperforming Gustavsson is.

We need Dan Boyle this summer. I can't stress this enough.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#455 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,978 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 02:09 PM

Yes Howard gets absolutely no flack on this forum. He has played bad and cost us games but this game was not on him. Blame scheduling. Our only chance would be if we could net some on the PP. The team looked very tired. Especially our top lines and defensemen

#456 roboturner

roboturner

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 02:12 PM

Here is how Howard ranks in some categories.

Wins:                     30th with 13 wins......Top 19 goalies all have 20+ wins

Overtime Loses:    1st with 10 (yes 10! overtime loses, not good)

GAA:                      40th (subtracted a few guys who played less than 10 games)

SV%:                      40th (again subtracted the guys with less than 10 games)

So what we have is a goalie who is CURRENTLY 30th-40th in terms of numbers compared to other NHL Goalies and has the most overtime/SO loses (meaning he isn't very clutch when the time comes).

I stressed Currently because you can argue about what he did in the past or what he might do in the future, but RIGHT NOW he is not very good. and nowhere near ELITE, unless you consider being the 30th best goalie in the league elite!

Edit: And I understand that it's not 100% his fault, the rest of the team has some impact on these numbers, but that only gets you so far. I mean Ryan Miller was putting up better numbers in BUF and they have a really s***ty team.

Edited by roboturner, 09 March 2014 - 02:16 PM.

This might be getting a little heated. Just know I don't hate any of you guys.

That doesn't mean that I respect ideas & opinions. Some ideas & opinions are ridiculous.

In fact, if you confront my ideas & opinions, that will lead to a discussion. (We're on a discussion board after all. Don't forget that!)

:bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1:

#457 Andy Pred 48

Andy Pred 48

Coming soon,"the slovak line" Marek and 2 Toms!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,865 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 02:13 PM

bad day and game all round at the office, re-group for tuesday. still think that  Kreider was offside on the 3rd goal thou.

The Bluejax are playing well and we'll have to up the anti to get any points there. Tampa and the Jax are in the W/C 

spots now so it will be a big game for both teams. Would the front office please bring up Pulks and Sproul so we at 

least have some sort of option on the point during PP. Both guys are righty's and have more mustard on their shots

than anyone not named Alfie!! Sit Lash and Glendening it cant be any worse surely!!

"What are you guys doing?" Reggie Dunlop
"Putting on the foil coach" Jeff Hanson
"Yeah, every game, you want some coach?" Steve Hanson
"Er, no. No thanks guys." Reggie Dunlop
"Make sure they don't leave the bench!" Reggie Dunlop.

#458 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,978 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 02:17 PM

Put Smith on the PP! Absolutely ridiculous. DD is brutal single hardly killed a full minute on his own today. He has never done anything positive on the PP and I don't expect him to. Smith deserves that spot on the PP. He has the 2nd best shot from our defense and has a touch of offensive instincts

#459 SimonSin

SimonSin

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 02:17 PM

Please can someone get together the Wings record on afternoon NBC games? I would assume their record is well below .500. I would love to have this stat.

#460 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 02:19 PM

Can't believe Franzen didn't score today. What a lazy POS