• Please log in to reply
494 replies to this topic

#461 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,943 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 02:20 PM

Also time change, playing a different time zone, early game and end of gruelling stretch of games

#462 beachwing

beachwing

Reader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 02:21 PM

I know what his record is, but Gus scares the hell out of me when he's in net. The undeniable factor though, is the Wings seem to have a much different pace when he plays.

Sucks for Jimmy, but he is left to steal games more times than not.

#463 Andy Pred 48

Andy Pred 48

Coming soon,"the slovak line" Marek and 2 Toms!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,865 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 02:21 PM

i did suggest we should have traded Howard for Miller but got flack. Jimmy is very inconsistent to say the least, I would have give Miller 

a 2 year deal for his home state team and Jimmy could have gone home to NY in Buffalo! Mrazek could back up Miller for 2 years and

then take over full time. Monster is just to injury prone to be relied on. I still say trade Jimmy in the off season to get the top D would 

have to be in a package as the way he's played one for one wont get it done. No good being sentimental, if he struggles from now till

the end of the season we need to move him on, if we have any takers.

"What are you guys doing?" Reggie Dunlop
"Putting on the foil coach" Jeff Hanson
"Yeah, every game, you want some coach?" Steve Hanson
"Er, no. No thanks guys." Reggie Dunlop
"Make sure they don't leave the bench!" Reggie Dunlop.

#464 ShanahanMan

ShanahanMan

DUUUUUUUUH

• Silver Booster
  • 5,661 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 02:24 PM

Just dominated in every category. 

I mean, I can't think of last time where there wasn't a single instance that we almost even had a goal. No crossbars, no amazing saves, nothing. We might has well have had zero SOG.

And this is our team for the stretch run? What's the point? Just to squeeze in and be swept by Pens or Boston? 

I HATE JASON WILLIAMS

#465 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,976 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 02:24 PM

I was at the game Every line sucked. I think there was maybe 2 scoring chances for them the whole game. No one showed up. Fun experience though seeing all them in person

#466 DickieDunn

DickieDunn

http://redwingsandotherthings.wordpress.com/

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 02:25 PM

Happens a lot for these early games.

Oh this young man has had a very trying rookie season, with the litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country's refusal to accept him, well, I guess that's more than most 21-year-olds can handle... Ogie Ogilthorpe!

#467 wingfan1991

wingfan1991

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 02:27 PM

Also time change, playing a different time zone, early game and end of gruelling stretch of games

Detroit and NY are different time zones?

#468 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,853 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 02:29 PM

Happens a lot for these early games.

Happens plenty in late games too.

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#469 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 02:32 PM

Detroit and NY are different time zones?

Anything can be true if it helps us make excuses.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#470 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,625 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 02:33 PM

I too suggested the Miller acquisition. Seriously what has Howard done since losing Lids, Rafi and Stu? He has shown us just how below average he is. I say you package him and our 1st rounder at the draft. I know, NTC, who cares! Players can be convinced to waive it. Happens all the time!

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#471 roboturner

roboturner

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 02:34 PM

Dear god what was Howard doing on that 3rd goal.

Com'on guys it wasn't his fault he was sooo out of position. Everybody knows it was a ghost of MSG that pushed him out like that cuz he would never be that far out of position on his own /sarcasm

This might be getting a little heated. Just know I don't hate any of you guys.

That doesn't mean that I respect ideas & opinions. Some ideas & opinions are ridiculous.

In fact, if you confront my ideas & opinions, that will lead to a discussion. (We're on a discussion board after all. Don't forget that!)

:bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1:

#472 CaliforniaWingsFan

CaliforniaWingsFan

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 02:38 PM

Wings flat out had no chance of winning that game. I think they only had 2 legit scoring chances at best. That being said If****** threw up in my mouth when I saw what Howard was doing on that third goal. I am in no way placing blame on Howard because the team wasn't going to score, but again, that third goal was pretty embarrassing.

#473 ami

ami

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 02:39 PM

look at the bright side: canadians may just get another proud olympian in martin st. louis, diving team though. he's got two years to make sure he is choosen.

#474 DRW Dominance

DRW Dominance

Yzerman=God

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,331 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 02:42 PM

look at the bright side: canadians may just get another proud olympian in martin st. louis, diving team though. he's got two years to make sure he is choosen.

ya he literally almost jumped out of his skates to get that call on quincey

naked is a state of mind

#475 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,274 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 02:43 PM

What has Jimmy done since those three left?

2.13 GAA, .923 save percentage last regular season. Easily the biggest reason the Red Wings made the playoffs at all. Followed that up with a 2.44 GAA and .924 save percentage against the top two seeds in the West. Mind you, all in front of a makeshift defense.

So nothing, if you only want to look at Jimmy's struggles this season like he has never bailed the Red Wings out before or proven his worth.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#476 CaliforniaWingsFan

CaliforniaWingsFan

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 02:46 PM

2.13 GAA, .923 save percentage last regular season. Easily the biggest reason the Red Wings made the playoffs at all. Followed that up with a 2.44 GAA and .924 save percentage against the top two seeds in the West. Mind you, all in front of a makeshift defense.

So nothing, if you only want to look at Jimmy's struggles this season like he has never bailed the Red Wings out before or proven his worth.

I agree he was outstanding last year and through the playoffs, but I just hope that wasn't a flash in the pan. He hasn't been very good this year, and with sports, it's always a what have you done for me lately attitude.

#477 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,625 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 02:50 PM

yep and cannot ever make that one save they need at the right moment. D is struggling, but our goaltending is downright abysmal...

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#478 gcom007

gcom007

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,089 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 02:52 PM

I agree he was outstanding last year and through the playoffs, but I just hope that wasn't a flash in the pan. He hasn't been very good this year, and with sports, it's always a what have you done for me lately attitude.

What make the matter more pressing this year is that now he's the 3rd highest paid guy on the team behind Dats and Z. Currently, he's the highest paid guy on the roster. He has been far from our best player most nights and his league-wide numbers speak for themselves. I have faith that he'll be able to turn it around, but it's tough to defend his play this year thus far. It's been a tough run any way you shake it.

-Elliot...does not panic.

#479 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,853 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 02:53 PM

Lots of Howard bashing going on, and I'll be the first to admit that he's had a bad year; but let's not act like playing Gus is some magic potion that will turn this team into an unstoppable juggernaut.

We have won more games with Gus but every time he wins a game, the next day he ends up on the IR. Even if Babs wanted to start him more, with his injury history it's almost impossible. And let's not forget the NJ game Gus almost cost us the game in less then three minutes. Not exactly unstoppable.

Having said all that, I don't think it much matters who's in goal. Cause on any given night there is no telling which team will show up either the one we saw against NJ, a team that has fire and the will to win, or the team we saw today. Inconsistently thy name is Red Wings.

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#480 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,274 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 02:53 PM

yep and cannot ever make that one save they need at the right moment. D is struggling, but our goaltending is downright abysmal...

How can you put up stats like those and never make a clutch save? The goalie is struggling now and defense is still atrocious, just like last season. Except Jimmy hasn't been able to bail them out as often.

Edited by GoWings1905, 09 March 2014 - 02:54 PM.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."