• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
nyqvististhefuture

Andersson breaks foot - down another center

Rate this topic

With the way Franzen has played since the Olympics they shouldn't even think of moving him to center. Dont disrupt him while streaking or your likely to set him off into the inevitable 15 game goalless streak.

Your right that it could jinx his hot streak but I'm just thinking of getting 3 lines going offensively .... Can't see a line of a abdelkader glendening Alfie getting anything going because although glendening competes he just has no hockey sense .... Let's just hope the bottom 6 start chipping In a few goals here and there

"But, but, but Holland is a terrible GM and we didn't need Legwand and needed better defence." - half the people on the board last week.

We do need better defense. And having one NHL caliber centerman (who isn't Crosby or Stamkos) and a bunch of kids, is not noticeably better than having a bunch of kids and no NHL caliber centers. With or without Legwand, unless some key guys get healthy quick we're not making the playoffs.

Which is why I'd rather have kept the assets and risked ending the streak...or...spent the assets on a defenseman who was signed for more than this season. But that's just me. I stand behind my objection to the terms of the trade.

Edited by kipwinger

We do need better defense. And having one NHL caliber centerman (who isn't Crosby or Stamkos) and a bunch of kids, is not noticeably better than having a bunch of kids and no NHL caliber centers. With or without Legwand, unless some key guys get healthy quick we're not making the playoffs.

Which is why I'd rather have kept the assets and risked ending the streak...or...spent the assets on a defenseman who was signed for more than this season. But that's just me. I stand behind my objection to the terms of the trade.

This.

What Holland did is like standing at a fork, deciding which road to follow...and then he continues his journey, only to stop after a mile or two at the next gas station to get some donuts..

Edited by The Datsyukian Deke

"But, but, but Holland is a terrible GM and we didn't need Legwand and needed better defence." - half the people on the board last week.

Yeah! Andersson's injury severely cripples the teams offense! I mean it's not like hes a younger, slower, Swedish Cory Emmerton or something.

Cleary's currently out with a knee injury right now, and according to Ansar Khan, Stephen Weiss isn't even skating at the moment. Here's hoping Helm is back later this week, because these injuries are just laughable now. Although Andersson's injury is just pure bad luck.

I alone miss Dan Cleary? LOL~ I miss his heart and effort out there, for sure. Bert and Alfie have got to step up and help Mule out.

At this point it would be nice to have him back. At least, until Helm or any of the other injured centers are back.

Legwand

Cleary

Abby

Emmerton/Glendening looks slightly better than

Legwand

Abby

Glendening

Emmerton