52 replies to this topic

#41 fixxxer

fixxxer

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 12:08 AM

Cleary can play center.  

Can take draws, is responsible defensively and a good leader.  When is he coming back again?

Hopefully never.

#42 wings4thecup06

wings4thecup06

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 03:37 AM

Cleary's currently out with a knee injury right now, and according to Ansar Khan, Stephen Weiss isn't even skating at the moment. Here's hoping Helm is back later this week, because these injuries are just laughable now. Although Andersson's injury is just pure bad luck. 

temp 1

#43 The Datsyukian Deke

The Datsyukian Deke

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 08:31 AM

Hopefully never.

But the injury bug doesn't help our case..

Lidstrom: "Retiring today allows me to walk away from the game with pride, rather than have the game walk away from me."

#44 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,447 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 08:48 AM

I alone miss Dan Cleary?  LOL~   I miss his heart and effort out there, for sure.  Bert and Alfie have got to step up and help Mule out. 

puckloo39dom.jpg

"There is no passion to be found in playing small -- in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living."

Nelson Mandela - RIP  1918-2013

Better than Ever

#45 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,516 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:09 AM

Alfredsson can't do much with his linemates. The kid line is slowing down a bit. Might be a good time to add a vet who can feed them. Would help everyone.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#46 Wings_Toledo

Wings_Toledo

Seeing Red

• PipPipPipPip
  • 785 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:14 AM

I alone miss Dan Cleary?  LOL~   I miss his heart and effort out there, for sure.  Bert and Alfie have got to step up and help Mule out. 

At this point it would be nice to have him back.  At least, until Helm or any of the other injured centers are back.

Legwand

Cleary

Abby

Emmerton/Glendening looks slightly better than

Legwand

Abby

Glendening

Emmerton

#47 The Datsyukian Deke

The Datsyukian Deke

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:51 AM

Alfredsson can't do much with his linemates. The kid line is slowing down a bit. Might be a good time to add a vet who can feed them. Would help everyone.

I thought we were talking about Cleary?

Lidstrom: "Retiring today allows me to walk away from the game with pride, rather than have the game walk away from me."

#48 DickieDunn

DickieDunn

http://redwingsandotherthings.wordpress.com/

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,368 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:56 AM

Cleary hasn't been a center in a long time. He also hasn't been effective because of injuries. I like his attitude, but he's not an NHL player anymore. Neither is Bertuzzi.

Oh this young man has had a very trying rookie season, with the litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country's refusal to accept him, well, I guess that's more than most 21-year-olds can handle... Ogie Ogilthorpe!

#49 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,516 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 10:50 AM

I thought we were talking about Cleary?

The poster before me mentioned that Alfie needs to step up his play.

Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#50 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 12:19 PM

Just think how far down the rabbit hole we've gone if Andersson breaking his foot has led to talk of a Cleary return.

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#51 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,575 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 01:17 PM

:blink: Cleary... Our playoffs hopes are truly dashed if we are stooping to this talk... If the playoffs are a distant thought, I'd rather give Ferraro or Callahan a shot...Like stated from an earlier user, put Abby back at center and use CallaHAN OR BRING UP fERRARO. Or sit Bertuzzi, because he is useless and bring up both. May as well give them a chance instead of waiting until we are mathematically eliminated. Look at how our kids that are already here forced Babs to leave them in, could we luck out again?

Franzen - Legwand - Nyquist

Miller - Glendening - Alfredsson

Tatar - Sheahan - Jurco

Abdelkader - Ferraro - Callahan

..sure beats the hell out of putting Bert and Emmy in there...although we all know that is what will happen...

Edited by LeftWinger, 11 March 2014 - 01:20 PM.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

#52 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,533 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 01:22 PM

Fire the Strength and Conditioning coach. Something ain't right in the D.

I think they need someone with a fresh approach to conditioning, this hasn't been working for at least a few seasons now

#53 LidstromIsASuperhero

LidstromIsASuperhero

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 464 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 05:51 AM

I think they need someone with a fresh approach to conditioning, this hasn't been working for at least a few seasons now

I've been saying the same thing since John Wharton left. it hasn't been the same since.