• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Andy Pred 48

Detroit D performance

Rate this topic

Man, when you put all their point totals next to one another it's pretty abysmal. Kronwall is the horse, the rest haven't provided jack. One of the reasons we struggle to score goals the past 2 seasons is lack of quality point shots and passes. Kindl regressing this season didn't help matters, really thought he was gonna be a good one after seeing the playoffs last season.

I agreed he's overpaid. You seemed to have missed my point.

Didn't miss your point at all. Your point just didn't make any sense. You asked why people were judging Quincey by his offense. So we told you why. Was there some other hidden point in there? If so I guess I didn't see it.

Didn't miss your point at all. Your point just didn't make any sense. You asked why people were judging Quincey by his offense. So we told you why. Was there some other hidden point in there? If so I guess I didn't see it.

Right, I question why a player who mainly plays a defensive role on our team is being judged solely on his offensive stats.

You then proceeded to focus on his overpaid contract which I never disagreed with to begin with.

Do I think Quincey should make less and contribute more? Yes. But I don't believe he's near as bad as people make him out to be here.

Can they buy out Kindl? I thought his contract was signed since the lock out

Yes, they can use a regular buy out on him if they wanted to. Just means they'll still take a cap hit, unlike a compliance buy out. More likely he (and Lashoff too) get passed by the kids in GR next season & wind up on waivers.

Right, I question why a player who mainly plays a defensive role on our team is being judged solely on his offensive stats.

You then proceeded to focus on his overpaid contract which I never disagreed with to begin with.

Do I think Quincey should make less and contribute more? Yes. But I don't believe he's near as bad as people make him out to be here.

Did you not read any of the replies to your question? Our entire point was that we weren't judging him SOLEY on his offense. We were judging him on both ends of the ice. And since he isn't earning his paycheck on the defensive end, the only thing left to judge is his offense (or lack-thereof). Especially since he's been an offensive d-man in the past (while wearing a Kings and Avs jersey).

And no one "focused" on him being overpayed. The entire discussion before you chimed in was in regards to him being vastly overpayed. So obviously that's going to be apart of the overall discussion. Most of the outrage here is SOLEY due to what he brings to the table on a nightly basis and how much he gets paid per season. If he was getting paid 1.5M per season I'm fairly certain most people wouldn't complain too much about his obvious short-comings on both ends of the ice.

So by all accounts the general opinion seems to be let Qunicey walk and try and trade Kindl at the off season. saving $6.15m.

Although Ericsson has played top line mins, in all honesty he is at best a 4/5 D. Unless we get a top 2 guy in, which in my view

would be a trade as there's no one on the UFA list i would want as a top pairing guy, for age or performance issue's.

My taking is that Kenny will go after Edler or Erhoff in the offseason as that guy. I would also try and bring Matt Greene home

from LA as a shut down 3rd pairing guy. My veiw is that Lashoff will be passed by and put on waivers and the young Russian

who has impressed me when ive watched GR Marchenko will be slotted in as the 7th D. Almqvist could be dealt in any deal to

get the top guy we need, he puts up the numbers but im not sure he has the physical strength to go up against NHL forwards.

So my version of how our back end could look next season is;

Kronwall Edler/Erhoff

DeKeyser Smith

Greene Ericsson

Marchenko

Quincey lost to UFA

Kindl traded or waived

Lashoff waived.

Guest Playmaker

While it's kind of a chicken/egg thing, we don't have the defensive forward dominance without Z and Pav in the lineup. It makes a weak defense look even weaker. By the same token, the poor defense has made our offense look worse than it is. I don't really know why Holland couldn't make two trades at the deadline. Didn't have an issue with the Legwand trade, it was necessary, but it would have been nice to get a defenseman also. Although I don't think anyone available at the deadline would have helped immensely, I would have liked to see an effort made. But I think it's really clear we need a top 2 defenseman in the worst way.

You're definitely a bigger optimist than I am.

Kindl is 27 years old with over 200 games under his belt in the NHL, and is on his way to being the next Brett Lebda.

Totally. Seeing him play in person really highlights how soft he is in his own end (both physically and mentally).

And I swear, for a big man, he looks smaller than Tatar out there.

Kindl Quincey and Lashoff are all just fillers. Wouldn't be mad if any of them left

Lashoff is 23 years old and has played less than 100 games in the NHL. He's got good size and is a decent puck mover.

I wouldn't mind if they packaged him in a deal, but I think there's also hope he could still develop into a solid defensive d-man for the Wings.

Lashoff is 23 years old and has played less than 100 games in the NHL. He's got good size and is a decent puck mover.

I wouldn't mind if they packaged him in a deal, but I think there's also hope he could still develop into a solid defensive d-man for the Wings.

Rather have him than Kindl for sure. Lashoff just seems pretty blah so far. Not bad, just blah

Am I the only one who doesn't want a part of Erhoff because of the 10 year contract, AAV $4?

And it's going to take alot to get Edler I reckon, based on this years deadline.

I wouldn't mind it, 4 million is pretty cheap for him and the cap should keep going up over the years, so in theory that number will look better and better as the years go on. Still risky though yes.

Lashoff was always a plug. He's solid as a fill in, which is fine, but he's not a full time roster player and likely never will be.

I'm excited about the chance to overhaul the defense this summer, but I'm worried Holland's strategy is just to wait a few years and hope the kids somehow become elite.