• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest L3T5G0W1NG5

3/11 GDT: Red Wings 1 at Blue Jackets 4

Rate this topic

This. I think the thing people don't get, is alot of us don't hate Howard. In fact, alot of us like him quite a bit. But calling a spade a spade, he's been s*** this season. He has 13 goddamn wins in March. Him getting going is the most important factor in whether we get in or not.

I don't think people hate him, they just hate on him quite a bit, Gustavsson has not played any better by any means, people need to realize that, ya howie could play betterfor sure, but people act like Gustavsson is Lundquist, Gus has been as bad or worse then Howie. the wings just scoree more when he is in net, he also plays against lesser competition compared to howie

His win stats say otherwise.

lol his ctual stats don't, the only reason he has won more, as has been pointed out, is because we score more when gus is in net, all other stats are basically the same

He's been slightly better I think, not much though but I don't expect our 2nd goalie who makes one third what Howard does to outshine him completely...

The root of the issue is still that Howard has been so god damn awful this season.

He's been slightly better I think, not much though but I don't expect our 2nd goalie who makes one third what Howard does to outshine him completely...

The root of the issue is still that Howard has been so god damn awful this season.

agreed, but people act like our backup should be our starter, he shouldn't plus he is so very very injury prone

I don't think Gustavsson is a long term solution as #1 by any means but I'm beginning to think that the same goes for Howard.

i may say your right but lets wait until next year to see if that subject hol.ds water

The way Alfies played since the Olympics I'm not sure I want him back next year.

I agree. He needs to be better with so many forwards out. His linemates aren't good offensively, but he's the type of player that should elevate everyone around him.

With the logjam at forward next season, I'm not sure I want Alfie to take the roster spot of someone like Jurco who can go back down.

I agree. He needs to be better with so many forwards out. His linemates aren't good offensively, but he's the type of player that should elevate everyone around him.

With the logjam at forward next season, I'm not sure I want Alfie to take the roster spot of someone like Jurco who can go back down.

Everything you said. He's a veteran, one who was a premier offensive guy in years past. I get he's old, but he's getting paid too much to just be doing a whole lot of skating and passing and not much effective hockey. The way Jurco has played, he deserves a spot next year. Not sure Alfie does unless he kicks it up a notch here soon.

We ALWAYS lose the battles in front of our own net. Pretty much the most important area to win battles, and if there's a lose puck there it's always the opponent that gets a stick on it, creating dangerous shots or passes. This is something that I've noticed the last weeks/months and it has to change.