• This topic is locked This topic is locked
23 replies to this topic

#1 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 10:37 AM

Oilers are a bad team, we are at home. We must get 2 points tonight. Already 3 points behind 8th place. Must must must get the 2!

#2 wings4thecup06

wings4thecup06

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 10:41 AM

This next week is make or break IMO, what with the Hawks sunday, the Leafs tuesday and the Penguins thursday. I hate to say it, but if we don't' do well this week it might be pretty ominous from here on out. 

N.B. I have been and still am extremely optimistic about this team, but the wings really need to take care of their own here. 

Edited by wings4thecup06, 14 March 2014 - 10:41 AM.

temp 1

#3 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,315 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 11:09 AM

Oilers played last night as well. BELIEVE!

#4 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,897 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 11:10 AM

obvious.jpg

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#5 Son of a Wing

Son of a Wing

London Lions Captain

• Gold Booster
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 11:15 AM

*Rich's Daily Thread

"The leader must never close the gap between himself and the group. If he does, he is no longer what he must be. He must walk a tightrope between the consent he must win and the control he must exert."
Vince Lombardi

When asked who won, Babcock said, “Well it doesn’t really matter as long as you don’t lose. It’s like going bear hunting, you take a slow guy with you in case the bear is hungry.”

#6 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,315 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 11:16 AM

I'm glad it is now Philly we are chasing instead of Columbus. Philly is much more likely to s*** the bed than the Blue Jackets at this point.

#7 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 11:56 AM

Every game is must win. The Wings are already behind the 8 ball, and they only put themselves further behind every point they miss.

Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt

#8 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,175 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 12:02 PM

Oilers played last night as well. BELIEVE!

And the Oilers also suck pretty hard.  If we can't/won't/don't beat these guys, then that should be an indication of how porous our playoff push will be without Z.

Free darkmanx!

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

#9 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,617 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 12:20 PM

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 2h
Wings skating with these lines: Abdelkader-Legwand-Franzen, Nyquist-Sheahan-Tatar, Bertuzzi-Glendening-Alfredsson, Miller-Emmerton-Pulkkinen

Helm is skating but not taking part in line rushes.

Same power play units they practiced with yesterday: Pulkkinen at left point alongside DeKeyser with Legwand, Tatar and Sheahan on 2nd unit.

First power play unit has Franzen, Nyquist and Bertuzzi up front and Kronwall and Alfredsson at points.

Gustavsson skating as third goalie, not ready to dress yet. Mrazek will back-up Howard tonight vs. Oilers.

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 1h
Following his first skate with team in more than a week Helm said he's hoping to return next week but hard to put time frame on concussion.

#10 Datsyukian-Deke

Datsyukian-Deke

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 12:27 PM

Looking at our upcoming schedule I just don't see how this team is going to come out of this month in a playoff position. Chicago, twice against Toronto, Montreal, Columbus, Pittsburgh, 2 against Minny, and Tampa. We have to win 6 of those games to stay in the hunt and I just don't think we have the players to do it against good teams.

#11 The Datsyukian Deke

The Datsyukian Deke

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 12:27 PM

I would go so far...if we don't win this, we're not even worth playoff hockey...

Lidstrom: "Retiring today allows me to walk away from the game with pride, rather than have the game walk away from me."

#12 Dave

Dave

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 12:32 PM

Wings skating with these lines: Abdelkader-Legwand-Franzen, Nyquist-Sheahan-Tatar, Bertuzzi-Glendening-Alfredsson, Miller-Emmerton-Pulkkinen

Same power play units they practiced with yesterday: Pulkkinen at left point alongside DeKeyser with Legwand, Tatar and Sheahan on 2nd unit.

First power play unit has Franzen, Nyquist and Bertuzzi up front and Kronwall and Alfredsson at points.

Gustavsson skating as third goalie, not ready to dress yet. Mrazek will back-up Howard tonight vs. Oilers.

Following his first skate with team in more than a week Helm said he's hoping to return next week but hard to put time frame on concussion.

What's the over under on number of shifts before he's injured again?

#13 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 12:32 PM

Why is Abby on the first and Alfie still stuck on the third line? Did he kick Babcocks do or something? Babs for the love of all that is good and holy get Alfie off the third line.

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#14 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,861 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 12:33 PM

Looking at our upcoming schedule I just don't see how this team is going to come out of this month in a playoff position. Chicago, twice against Toronto, Montreal, Columbus, Pittsburgh, 2 against Minny, and Tampa. We have to win 6 of those games to stay in the hunt and I just don't think we have the players to do it against good teams.

Toronto Montreal Columbus and Tampa are all teams the Wings are competing for to get a playoff spot. Those are all potential 4 point swings. They'll be tough games but wins in any of them will be huge.

#15 PavelValerievichDatsyuk

PavelValerievichDatsyuk

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 12:46 PM

Oilers are a bad team, we are at home. We must get 2 points tonight. Already 3 points behind 8th place. Must must must get the 2!

Aren't we only 2 points back?

#16 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,003 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 12:58 PM

Yes.

2  Philadelphia M 65 33 25 7 73 30 184 190 -6 18-12-1 15-13-6 3-5 7-2-1 Lost 1

3  Detroit A 65 29 23 13 71 25 172 183 -11 12-11-9 17-12-4 4-8 5-4-1 Lost 2

Edited by rrasco, 14 March 2014 - 12:59 PM.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#17 Son of a Wing

Son of a Wing

London Lions Captain

• Gold Booster
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 01:00 PM

Well technically we would need 3 points to put us in 8th because of the tie-breaker for wins.

"The leader must never close the gap between himself and the group. If he does, he is no longer what he must be. He must walk a tightrope between the consent he must win and the control he must exert."
Vince Lombardi

When asked who won, Babcock said, “Well it doesn’t really matter as long as you don’t lose. It’s like going bear hunting, you take a slow guy with you in case the bear is hungry.”

#18 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 01:15 PM

yes, our ROW sucks so we have to be ahead of Philly and the BJ's. Only the Caps have a worse ROW than we do.

#19 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,003 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 01:56 PM

True, but we're still only 2 points behind.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#20 Datsyukian-Deke

Datsyukian-Deke

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 01:57 PM

What's the over under on number of shifts before he's injured again?

I got 10 bucks on during the National Anthem.