• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Richdg

2 points tonight is a must!

Rate this topic

This next week is make or break IMO, what with the Hawks sunday, the Leafs tuesday and the Penguins thursday. I hate to say it, but if we don't' do well this week it might be pretty ominous from here on out.

N.B. I have been and still am extremely optimistic about this team, but the wings really need to take care of their own here.

Edited by wings4thecup06

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 2h
Wings skating with these lines: Abdelkader-Legwand-Franzen, Nyquist-Sheahan-Tatar, Bertuzzi-Glendening-Alfredsson, Miller-Emmerton-Pulkkinen

Helm is skating but not taking part in line rushes.

Same power play units they practiced with yesterday: Pulkkinen at left point alongside DeKeyser with Legwand, Tatar and Sheahan on 2nd unit.

First power play unit has Franzen, Nyquist and Bertuzzi up front and Kronwall and Alfredsson at points.

Gustavsson skating as third goalie, not ready to dress yet. Mrazek will back-up Howard tonight vs. Oilers.

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 1h
Following his first skate with team in more than a week Helm said he's hoping to return next week but hard to put time frame on concussion.

Looking at our upcoming schedule I just don't see how this team is going to come out of this month in a playoff position. Chicago, twice against Toronto, Montreal, Columbus, Pittsburgh, 2 against Minny, and Tampa. We have to win 6 of those games to stay in the hunt and I just don't think we have the players to do it against good teams.

Wings skating with these lines: Abdelkader-Legwand-Franzen, Nyquist-Sheahan-Tatar, Bertuzzi-Glendening-Alfredsson, Miller-Emmerton-Pulkkinen

Same power play units they practiced with yesterday: Pulkkinen at left point alongside DeKeyser with Legwand, Tatar and Sheahan on 2nd unit.

First power play unit has Franzen, Nyquist and Bertuzzi up front and Kronwall and Alfredsson at points.

Gustavsson skating as third goalie, not ready to dress yet. Mrazek will back-up Howard tonight vs. Oilers.

Following his first skate with team in more than a week Helm said he's hoping to return next week but hard to put time frame on concussion.

What's the over under on number of shifts before he's injured again?

Why is Abby on the first and Alfie still stuck on the third line? Did he kick Babcocks do or something? Babs for the love of all that is good and holy get Alfie off the third line.

Looking at our upcoming schedule I just don't see how this team is going to come out of this month in a playoff position. Chicago, twice against Toronto, Montreal, Columbus, Pittsburgh, 2 against Minny, and Tampa. We have to win 6 of those games to stay in the hunt and I just don't think we have the players to do it against good teams.

Toronto Montreal Columbus and Tampa are all teams the Wings are competing for to get a playoff spot. Those are all potential 4 point swings. They'll be tough games but wins in any of them will be huge.

yes, our ROW sucks so we have to be ahead of Philly and the BJ's. Only the Caps have a worse ROW than we do.

Leafs do too if I'm not mistaken. (Chances of catching them aren't looking good though.)

Alfie on the 3rd line (as he's been for the last little while, playing with guys who have little offensive tendencies) makes me wonder if he's hurting a little, but at this stage, if he sat it out, it might be dead and buried for this team playoff wise.

Or maybe he's just slumping and Babs doesn't want to put too much pressure on him by playing him against the top lines of everyone else

Edited by wings4thecup06

"Must Win" really means if we don't win tonight we are eliminated from playoff contention. This isn't the case.

I know we are drawing close to playoffs, but stuff like this can be kept in the pre-game GDT threads instead of daily new threads. When it comes down to the wire and the last game or two I can see this being justified, but for the time being, let's avoid flooding the General Discussion area with new threads like this before every game, we have the GDT to discuss today's game, so we can carry on over there.

Thanks.