• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wings87

Apparently it can get worse in Vancouver.

Rate this topic

I don't see how the Sedins get moved. Their package deal is going to make It nearly impossible for a another team to take them. Only a few teams have the assets and less are willing to part with them. They probably make what, $12-14 million a year? That's a lot of cap space. I'd say Vancouver would get fleeced as usual but teams would have to give up a lot just to have room.

I don't see how the Sedins get moved. Their package deal is going to make It nearly impossible for a another team to take them. Only a few teams have the assets and less are willing to part with them. They probably make what, $12-14 million a year? That's a lot of cap space. I'd say Vancouver would get fleeced as usual but teams would have to give up a lot just to have room.

Unless they eat some of the Sedin's salary ... like they did with Luongo. They are signed for 4 more years at $7m/yr if I'm not mistaken. Why don't we take them off their hands for $4m/yr and make the Wings the Swedish National Team ... ;) .

It's funny watching the team implode from here. Kesler is such a damn whiny diver. He's all talk, at the beginning of the season, he makes some bold statement:

“To be honest, I don’t listen to that s***,” said Kesler, when asked about people who think the Canucks are on the downslide and are no longer one of the top five teams in the league. “That’s what it is. It’s s***. We believe in ourselves in the dressing room. All those negative comments we’re not even going to …“To be honest, I shouldn’t have even answered that question. It’s s***.”
Kesler is lazy, only gets up for Olympics when he plays for a US team. Or turns on that 'beast mode' just a few games before trade deadline hoping he can ride on the coat tails of a team like Pittsburgh. Wonder why after so many years, he can't play with wingers and establish a consistent line. Please Kenny ... do not pick him up, he will be like another Weiss. Every year Kesler is injured.
GM, and Coach take their crap to the air waves blaming each other for the horrific season when they (Gillis and Torts) and owner should sit down behind closed door and figure it out between them. What a joke. Since I despise them so much, I kind of wish nothing changes and let this soap opera continue on for the next 4 more years.
Edited by RedWingsRox

$14 mil between them, for 4 years. If Vancouver wants to trade them, they're going to have to take a bunch of money back. Regardless, I can't see them moving the Sedins.

$14 mil between them, for 4 years. If Vancouver wants to trade them, they're going to have to take a bunch of money back. Regardless, I can't see them moving the Sedins.

Corrected on my post, I thought it was $6m/yr ... damn, the Canucks are so SCREWED. Another Gillis brain fart mistake.

Corrected on my post, I thought it was $6m/yr ... damn, the Canucks are so SCREWED. Another Gillis brain fart mistake.

Detroit has almost that much wrapped up in Datsyuk and Zetterberg. Datsyuk is older and Zetterberg has back issues. The Sedin contracts aren't the problem, the fact that the owner forced Tortorella on him and he's made a lot of other bad choices. They have 5 guys who are even arguably top 6 forwards, one of whom (Burrows) is playing like crap this year, traded a talented player for a big guy with questionable skill and created a hole at the #2 center spot, and has had to trade both of his starting goalies over the last year. Now he has the most overrated coach in the NHL pissing on everyone to the point where his good players want out, and he had no choice in the hire and probably wouldn't be able to get the owner's blessing to fire the guy. At this point he'd probably be better off telling them that either Tortorella goes or he does, taking a year or two of, and looking for a new job.

Don't they mostly want a rebuild?

I don't get their sudden urge to rebuild, if not for the injuries the Canucks have a decent team. Also does anybody trust Gillis to handle the rebuild? He's already made a mess with the Schneider and Luongo trades. How anyone could get less for trading two star players then what Gillis got is beyond me. I wouldn't trust him to sell a used car, let alone 3 more star players. If the Canucks want a rebuild they should start with the GM. Either way I think the Sedins should be untouchable.

I don't necessarily believe they need to start rebuilding, but I can see the logic in maybe wanting to shake up the core. Edler has sucked this season. Kesler wants out. The Sedins might fetch a king's ransom. Not that the Sedins will actually be traded, of course.

I don't necessarily believe they need to start rebuilding, but I can see the logic in maybe wanting to shake up the core. Edler has sucked this season. Kesler wants out. The Sedins might fetch a king's ransom. Not that the Sedins will actually be traded, of course.

Before trading half the team, they should get rid of Torts and Gillis and see how things go.

Before trading half the team, they should get rid of Torts and Gillis and see how things go.

Agreed. My original point was just that a core shakeup orchestrated by Gillis (should he get to stay) would be very interesting.

At this point do people even still want Edler?

I don't.

Agreed. My original point was just that a core shakeup orchestrated by Gillis (should he get to stay) would be very interesting.

I don't.

I got your point, although a Gillis rebuild should be interesting from afar; letting Gillis make trades would be unwise.

I don't know boys. I feel like a lot of decisions that have been made in the past 18 months have been dropped on Gillis' head from above. They just seem like strange moves. Gillis is someone who has been involved in hockey for decades, as a player, an agent, and as a manager. I think Aquilini and his boy's club were centainly the ones who would not allow Luongo to be traded without equal value coming back in return and I believe Tortorella is a coach who makes a good PR story when hired, but doesn't fit the mold of what GIllis has been building the Canucks as a puck possession, quick skating team.

I gotta think that Gillis is having his input and judgment cast aside by Aquilini.

Detroit has almost that much wrapped up in Datsyuk and Zetterberg. Datsyuk is older and Zetterberg has back issues.

I think the problem isn't necessarily having that much money wrapped in two players, it's having that much money wrapped up in two players that come as a package deal so they can't move them.

@Real_ESPNLeBrun: Hearing whispers change coming sooner rather than later in VAN, perhaps as soon as today or tomorrow...” Hearing same.

I try not to be this way because what comes around goes around, but I must admit that after my bad experiences with Nucks fans in person and on the internets a couple years back (when they won the presidents trophy and acted as if they were a dynasty), it's hard not to enjoy the absolute implosion taking place over there.

Epic job by Gillie and Torts running this team into the ground. They have had two extremely good goaltenders and are now left with Lack (already overplayed) and Markstrom. Gillian gave Grabber and Hodgson away for basically nothing and their AHL talent pool despite Shinkaruk and Horvat is very blank.

However is going to the new GM there will have his hands full

Epic job by Gillie and Torts running this team into the ground. They have had two extremely good goaltenders and are now left with Lack (already overplayed) and Markstrom. Gillian gave Grabber and Hodgson away for basically nothing and their AHL talent pool despite Shinkaruk and Horvat is very blank.

However is going to the new GM there will have his hands full

Every time I want to pound on Holland, I remember it can get worse.

Also I say when Torts gets fired the Wings should hire him to be Franzen's personal motivator.