• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wings87

Apparently it can get worse in Vancouver.

Rate this topic

I suppose. And yet, I dunno. Think of how much they've struggled this season, with the injury woes, a new coach, a new system, a number of key players underachieving, an anemic offense, a wretched power player, the goalie situation, Kesler possibly asking for a trade, Gillis being arguably the worst GM in the league... and yet, they're only five points out of the playoff picture in the ultra-tough Western Conference.

I suppose. And yet, I dunno. Think of how much they've struggled this season, with the injury woes, a new coach, a new system, a number of key players underachieving, an anemic offense, a wretched power player, the goalie situation, Kesler possibly asking for a trade, Gillis being arguably the worst GM in the league... and yet, they're only five points out of the playoff picture in the ultra-tough Western Conference.

They stole the Wings luck, those bastards.

Not surprised the guy just has no longterm plan and traded away some nice forward depth (Grabner, Hodgson) for players who haven't worked out. He was too greedy regarding the Luongo saga and it cost him Schneider, now the Canucks have Lack and Markstrom.

I've read a rumour that their ownership is looking to sell for around § 750 million thats a steep asking price but if they get it wow.

Tortarella has never been the right coach for this team, he basically removed all creativity from the team and they still would have had a ton of it plus overpayed his stars way too much. In fact he hasn't learned anything from the Rangers days.

If the Acquilinis are going to fire both thats around 16 million payment for them NOT to run the club wow. Now add to that the Kesler situation and the Canucks are looking at some very difficult years unless their AHL team has some raw hided talent.

Not surprised the guy just has no longterm plan and traded away some nice forward depth (Grabner, Hodgson) for players who haven't worked out. He was too greedy regarding the Luongo saga and it cost him Schneider, now the Canucks have Lack and Markstrom.

I've read a rumour that their ownership is looking to sell for around § 750 million thats a steep asking price but if they get it wow.

Tortarella has never been the right coach for this team, he basically removed all creativity from the team and they still would have had a ton of it plus overpayed his stars way too much. In fact he hasn't learned anything from the Rangers days.

If the Acquilinis are going to fire both thats around 16 million payment for them NOT to run the club wow. Now add to that the Kesler situation and the Canucks are looking at some very difficult years unless their AHL team has some raw hided talent.

You would think Gillis would learn that he is just starting another Luongo type situation with Kesler. He is expecting way too much in return for him.

Yup. I never understood why people thought Tortorella was a good coach. The guy is like a two year old.

I'll also never understand how there can be so many bad owners and GMs. I get that it's a hard job, but if people like us can see problem areas three years in advance, why can't they?

Adam Proteau of The Hockey News feels the Sedins should be moved in the offseason.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/canucks-gong-show-year-should-end-with-sedins-being-traded-in-the-off-season/

Moving Kesler, the Sedins, possibly Edler, all after having moved Schneider and Luongo...that'd be ballsy.

Ballsy? Try suicidal, if Gillis does that; he'd better do it from a remote location. Because we know how Canuck fans can get when angry, drunk, or just plain bored.