Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Apparently it can get worse in Vancouver.

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#41 Ally

Ally

just figured out how to change my title

• PipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 09:40 PM

Detroit has almost that much wrapped up in Datsyuk and Zetterberg.  Datsyuk is older and Zetterberg has back issues.

I think the problem isn't necessarily having that much money wrapped in two players, it's having that much money wrapped up in two players that come as a package deal so they can't move them.

"Everything he does is exciting to watch.” -Holmstrom describes Datsyuk

#42 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,604 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 07:06 AM

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#43 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,866 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 08:51 AM

@Real_ESPNLeBrun: Hearing whispers change coming sooner rather than later in VAN, perhaps as soon as today or tomorrow...” Hearing same.

I try not to be this way because what comes around goes around, but I must admit that after my bad experiences with Nucks fans in person and on the internets a couple years back (when they won the presidents trophy and acted as if they were a dynasty), it's hard not to enjoy the absolute implosion taking place over there.  

#44 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,895 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 11:30 AM

Rumors flying in Van.

Team 1040 says things getting really ugly behind the scenes. Rumors that Trevor Lynden will be President by the end of the day or so, and he will hire a GM.

#45 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,726 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 11:49 AM

Epic job by Gillie and Torts running this team into the ground. They have had two extremely good goaltenders and are now left with Lack (already overplayed) and Markstrom. Gillian gave Grabber and Hodgson away for basically nothing and their AHL talent pool despite Shinkaruk and Horvat is very blank. However is going to the new GM there will have his hands full

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#46 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,817 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 12:54 PM

Epic job by Gillie and Torts running this team into the ground. They have had two extremely good goaltenders and are now left with Lack (already overplayed) and Markstrom. Gillian gave Grabber and Hodgson away for basically nothing and their AHL talent pool despite Shinkaruk and Horvat is very blank.

However is going to the new GM there will have his hands full

Every time I want to pound on Holland, I remember it can get worse.

Also I say when Torts gets fired the Wings should hire him to be Franzen's personal motivator.

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#47 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,604 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 01:49 PM

I think that Gillis hoped that the hiring of Tortorella would help fans forget about his action/inaction in available deals, especially in the Luongo/Schneider situation. 

How's Eddie Läck working out?

#48 gcom007

gcom007

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 01:56 PM

Just got the NHL notification that Gillis is out. Just wanted to say...

SHOCKER!!!

-Elliot...does not panic.

#49 Son of a Wing

Son of a Wing

London Lions Captain

• Gold Booster
  • 1,709 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 01:57 PM

Well that's that. Bye bye Gillis.

"The leader must never close the gap between himself and the group. If he does, he is no longer what he must be. He must walk a tightrope between the consent he must win and the control he must exert."
Vince Lombardi

When asked who won, Babcock said, “Well it doesn’t really matter as long as you don’t lose. It’s like going bear hunting, you take a slow guy with you in case the bear is hungry.”

#50 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,604 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 02:02 PM

mikegillis2.jpg

#51 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,817 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 02:06 PM

Gillis has been bad, but he's also getting scapegoated. Ownership is just as responsible for this mess.

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#52 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,895 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 02:39 PM

Rumour is Trevor linden as President, Jay Feaster as GM because he and Torty won a Cup together.

#53 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,726 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 03:18 PM

There is no way the Aquilinis are going to hire someone like Feasater! This is a guy, who f***ed up the draft although having very good draft positions with his "owskis fetish" and the famous "on our list" quote,  I think they are going to look hard at Hextall, Botterill and Chicagos Assistent GMs maybe Louiselle from Toronto but no way it will be Feaster.

Gillis oversaw this team going to from absolute powerhouse with some promising prospects to an absolute mess, where players want out and UFAs not willing to came thanks to Tortarella. The next GM will not only have to be a very good one but also know how to fix this mess. If I am the owner and my GM is on the golf course at Trade Deadline day he is gone after the season, there are 3 very important days for GMs to make the team better if you don't want to be at the office on that day, you certainly deserve to be fired.

Wondering if Edmonton will now fire Lowe and name Gillis the VP.

kftx.jpg

#54 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,974 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 03:25 PM

i-7f2e0ee1c8912e7e29e201c193d9199a-much_

Edited by Dabura, 08 April 2014 - 03:28 PM.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#55 DickieDunn

DickieDunn

http://redwingsandotherthings.wordpress.com/

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,362 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 04:18 PM

Gillis has been bad, but he's also getting scapegoated. Ownership is just as responsible for this mess.

Yeah, from the sounds of it it was ownership who insisted on forcing Tortorella on the team, and they may or may not have interfered in trade negotiations.

Oh this young man has had a very trying rookie season, with the litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country's refusal to accept him, well, I guess that's more than most 21-year-olds can handle... Ogie Ogilthorpe!

#56 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,974 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 05:26 PM

My list of candidates:

• Don Cherry
  • Gino Odjick
  • That Farhan guy
  • Pierre McGuire
  • Mike Milbury
  • Craig Button
  • Mikael Samuelsson
  • David Letterman
  • Mats Sundin
  • Jay Leno
  • Arcade Fire
  • Jay and Dan
  • Strombone1
  • Harold Snepsts

Don't Toews me, bro!

#57 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,817 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 05:37 PM

My list of candidates:

• Don Cherry
  • Gino Odjick
  • That Farhan guy
  • Pierre McGuire
  • Mike Milbury
  • Craig Button
  • Mikael Samuelsson
  • David Letterman
  • Mats Sundin
  • Jay Leno
  • Arcade Fire
  • Jay and Dan
  • Strombone1
  • Harold Snepsts

Jay Leno as GM, Letterman as president, and Conan can wait in the weeds for Leno to retire.

#58 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,895 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 08:34 PM

Jay Leno as GM, Letterman as president, and Conan can wait in the weeds for Leno to retire.

I'm going with Craig Ferguson replacing lettermen on the late show. Mark my words

#59 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,817 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 10:21 PM

I'm going with Craig Ferguson replacing lettermen on the late show. Mark my words

I love Craig, but with all the other networks going with younger hosts-Jimmy Fallon, Kimmel, and Seth Myers- I think that Ferguson might skew a little old to get the job. Which is a damn shame.

#60 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,726 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 10:30 PM

The Canucks need a bottom 6 top 6 approach and a another coach. There are some serious candidates outthere Botterill. Chicago's Co GM, Loiselle a d if Nonis gets fired he too As for the owners getting involved sometimes they have to, Gillis made too much mistakes and it cost him,.the guy now play golf and will get 2 mill a year for doing nothing sign me in for such a horrible life But if they hire Feaster and keep Torts thrn wow

kftx.jpg