Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Apparently it can get worse in Vancouver.

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#81 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,830 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 12:31 PM

I presume if what others above have said to be true this is what the owners demanded of him? 

Even if the Acquamen or whatever their name is would run a tight ship I don't think they would be that involved, maybe I'm wrong but fixing this will be tough. The team has no identity and the situation can get toxic easily.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#82 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,944 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 12:42 PM

Even if the Acquamen or whatever their name is would run a tight ship I don't think they would be that involved, maybe I'm wrong but fixing this will be tough. The team has no identity and the situation can get toxic easily.

No one know's for sure, but the rumour is that the Aquarius dudes wanted a tougher, hard-nosed team. Especially after losing to Boston.

Like I said, it's just a rumour, but it makes a ton of sense: semi-knowlegeable owners see big bad Bruins, who admittedly had lots of people in love with them after their cup run, and demanded that their GM get bigger and tougher. Really, why else would Gillis trade Hodson for Kassian?  And why wouldn't it be true? Hell, the Illitches told Bowman to f*** off when he had all but traded Yzerman to Ottawa. And that was Bowman, this was Gillis.

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#83 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,906 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 12:52 PM

You guys do know that Hodgson himself was the driving force behind his own trade, right. He was quite unhappy in the organization, amongst other reasons, because he didn't like them questioning his back injury, and he looked at Sedin as 1C and Kesler as 2C and so no top line minutes for himself. He basically demanded out.

Kassian was a guy that had always been on Vancouvers radar, so the deal was made.

#84 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,056 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 01:02 PM

Hell, the Illitches told Bowman to f*** off when he had all but traded Yzerman to Ottawa. And that was Bowman, this was Gillis.

Wasn't it Murray?

Don't Toews me, bro!

#85 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,944 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 01:27 PM

Wasn't it Murray?

No. Murray was fired after the playoffs in 94 when we lost to the Sharks. Mostly because he was unable to address the goaltending concernes.

He traded Cheveldale for Essensa who lost his job to a rookie (Osgood).

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"