• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
SimonSin

Matt Niskanen?

Rate this topic

He's an unrestricted FA this summer and I think he could be a pretty good pick up. 27 years old, a RIGHT handed shot and he's having a pretty good so far. He's scored 10 goals (counting the game today) and 29 assists. He's making 2.3 a year right now and he's definitely going to get a raise. Just thought he could be a good addition.

I guess I wouldn't mind him, at the right price. But I have my concerns. One, his body of work isn't very impressive. Two, as you said, he's on an expiring contract, so you have to assume he's bringing it harder than he otherwise would. Three, he plays for the Penguins, and on their power play. Stat Pad City.

He may be a sleeper who's finally "awake." (27-28 is That Age for defensemen.) However, I think it's more likely that he gets his big pay day and immediately regresses. Unless he keeps playing for the Pens, or some other high-scoring contender. Bottom line, I don't see him helping us all that much.

Yes yes and more yes.

I have mentioned him before and also think he would really help out our team. You are going to have to pay him though. No more of the Lore of the Red Wings, plus these defenders know we are in need for them.

of course, we could already have him if they would've just drafted him instead of Kindl... :ninja:

I guess I wouldn't mind him, at the right price. But I have my concerns. One, his body of work isn't very impressive. Two, as you said, he's on an expiring contract, so you have to assume he's bringing it harder than he otherwise would. Three, he plays for the Penguins, and on their power play. Stat Pad City.

He may be a sleeper who's finally "awake." (27-28 is That Age for defensemen.) However, I think it's more likely that he gets his big pay day and immediately regresses. Unless he keeps playing for the Pens, or some other high-scoring contender. Bottom line, I don't see him helping us all that much.

Yeah good point, he is playing for a contract. And he is definitely going to get a raise. I can see a team shelling out 4-5 million for him but 5 could be an overpayment. He could probably be forming into someone that can be a real steady/reliable d-man. I just think we're pretty wealthy and at the forward position IF we can stay healthy next year. It's the defense that could use the help.

I'm just not sold on him as a significant step forward for our blue line and team. He's putting up good numbers, but, again, he's a power play weapon playing on the Penguins. Do we expect him to put up similar numbers as a Wing, under Mike Babcock? It's possible, but...I'm not sold. What if he's Quincey all over again? I think we could do better, maybe. If not, and he's available, and he's willing to sign at a little below market value and for a couple fewer seasons than he'd probably like...then sure, I'm down.

Unless he either wants to leave Pittsburgh or wants a ridiculous amount of money, I can't see the Pens not re-signing him.

There's also that, yes.

Edited by Dabura

stralman is the only ufa i like

oh look hes a swede too

oh a righty too

rangers fans believe hes a top 4 and will get 3.5-4 mil next season

Stralman is 5’11”, 190lbs

and he has 9 points this year in 68 games or something.

Why?

Almquist can put up those numbers here no problem.