• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MabusIncarnate

3/16 GDT: Red Wings 1 at Blackhawks 4

Rate this topic

Thanks pavel,you can play for Russia but not us?? Your my favorite player but the wings pay you not team Russia. If your not back by the time the 3 weeks are up, just shut it down for the year. I know I don't mean that but just so damn frustrated with this season

GET THE f*** OUT OF HERE

THE BLACKHAWKS COULD EASILY WIN THE STANLEY OLYMPICS WITHOUT TOEWS AND KANE AND HOSSA AND BICKELL AND SHAW U MUST NOT BE A RWAL FAM JUMMY HOWARD SUXXORS LOLOLOLOL

Either you forgot your caps lock on all night, or you're drunkenly slouching and your boob is on your shift key. that's hot.

I can't believe people are still ripping Holland and Babcock for this... We are EASILY a top 3 team in the Atlantic when relatively healthy.

Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Helm, Weiss, Jurco, Andersson... I really like what Glendening brings, but come on... on a regular team Glendening and Emmerton wouldn't even be there.

This season is because on the injuries not coaching, etc.

Yeah we could have been Top 3, but they just refuse to make any kind of adjustments in a timely manner. Sure injuries are part of it, but they've made some really poor decisions that have cost us players that produce over players that don't, limited ice time for people who produce over people that don't, and a stubbornness that I can't figure out.

I can't believe people are still ripping Holland and Babcock for this... We are EASILY a top 3 team in the Atlantic when relatively healthy.

Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Helm, Weiss, Jurco, Andersson... I really like what Glendening brings, but come on... on a regular team Glendening and Emmerton wouldn't even be there.

Did you miss the first 20 games when most players were healthy? We still couldn't win. Most of the team was built with old players and fourth liners.

Should have packed it in at the trade deadline and sold Alfie and Quiency. This team hasn't been a playoff team outside of a period in November and December, the rest of the year it was a lottery team. No use kidding ourselves.

Should have packed it in at the trade deadline and sold Alfie and Quiency. This team hasn't been a playoff team outside of a period in November and December, the rest of the year it was a lottery team. No use kidding ourselves.

Selling Quincey would be about as easy as selling a used condom. Who would want him?

Aflie, they should have sold and I said so several times. Not like he's going to be younger next season, providing he wants to come back to this mess of a team.

We're never relatively healthy. How long do people plan on using this excuse?

We're a team full of milksops, old men and vanilla midgets, with crappy doctors and trainers to boot. Of course we're going to have a lot of injuries every year.

We desperately need to get a guy like Wayne Simmonds, Troy Brouwer, Andrew Ladd, Brayden Schenn type. A two way forward that's tough as nails that can score and leads the team by example, and for them to run our 2nd line.

Uh, no we're not.

Hank and Zetterberg were playing pretty consistently up until December. Our record at the end of December was 18-23.

In other words, we would be pretty much in the same situation if those two were healthy.

Every year all of our big guns stop scoring at the same time. There's really not a reason for Alfie, Franzen or Legwand to not score.

Legwand really isnt a scorer.

But the lack of consistency has been an issue for a few years now. In years pass Hudler, Mule, Flip etc would go on hot and cold streaks together.

Uh, no we're not.

Hank and Zetterberg were playing pretty consistently up until December. Our record at the end of December was 18-23.

In other words, we would be pretty much in the same situation if those two were healthy.

I'm pretty sure we'd be in if we had those two, Legwand, and all the kids up right now. Heck I think we'd be okay if we had the real Stephen Weiss, and the rest healthy except the twins

The only positive that can happen with missing the playoffs is the firing of Holland and Babcock.

Of course, it won't happen, because the owner is too old to care (unless it's about the Tigers)

Holland has lost me but Babcock has not. I don't think Babcock's been thrilled with the pieces he's been given. He's expressed as much multiple times in the past, and that's on Holland. I think he's doing more than most would when you consider the adversity he's faced with the injuries to key players, the inconsistent goaltending this year, and a team the last couple years with $5-7 million in salary going to a few guys who aren't playing or are barely playing because they're just not good enough to even beat out AHL guys. He lost his 3 of his top 4 defensemen and got Quincey. Ken Holland's management of this team has done Babcock absolutely no favors, yet Babcock has still found a way to keep them in the hunt, even this year without Dats and Z down the stretch and a Howard (3rd highest paid player behind Dats and Z) that seems to always find a way to give up 2-3 goals in the 3rd period (not all Howard's fault directly, but he's not stopping many to save games or keep it close either...).

Babcock doesn't sign guys. I think Babcock would rather have Samuellson's and Tootoo's $4.9 million combined salary go towards signing a halfway descent defenseman, and imagine the difference that could make on this team right now? Again, when you really look at what's happened to this team the last 3-4 years, it all goes back to Holland dropping the ball again and again. Sure, we've struggled with injuries, but given that we haven't completely crumbled in spite of that, imagine how much better off we'd be if Babcock had a more balanced roster to work with and not too many average forwards and too few even average defensemen.

We also can't be wholly sure who else is hurting more than we know. You have to imagine that some guys are playing through more pain than they might this time of year if not for so many guys with more serious injuries.

Something has to be done about this team's roster, sooner rather than later. It's not going to get easier as Dats and Z age and waiting until they retire to find replacements doesn't aid in a smooth transition nor put us in a good negotiating position. Holland needs to get his act together or they need to replace him. Then we need to get any training issues addressed this summer as a start to trying to sort out the injury issues. Once Babcock has a roster that makes a little bit of sense and has some balance, I think it'll be fair to get back to judging him. Until then, he'll continue to have the benefit of the doubt with me, and more so, respect for what he's managed to do in spite of all the issues.

Uh, no we're not.

If we had a healthy Dats and Z and Howard was able to clean up his magical 3rd period problems, we'd be up there. It still wouldn't be pretty to say the least, but I think we'd be cycling in and out of that 3rd spot down the stretch.

I've got a ton of respect for the career Alfie has had and I think it's pretty evident he's going to be back next year, but I really don't want him back. I'm tired of resigning players just based on loyalty, loyalty is important but at some point an organization has to move on.

Edited by wings87

I got a ton of respect for the career Alfie has had and I think it's pretty evident he's going to be back next year, but I really don't want him back. I'm tired of resigning players just based on loyalty, loyalty is important but at some point an organization has to move on.

Given that Holland isn't likely to spend the money on other players, we might as well bring him back. If Dats and Z can stay healthy and imagining guys like Nyquist and Tatar improving, I think Alfie can end up looking a lot better than he's looked down the stretch here. At his age, he's not going to be able to carry you, but he can absolutely contribute and be an important part of the locker room. I don't think we'd be having this conversation if he had guys around him able to carry more of the load. I hope he signs for a bit less next year especially if we do go shopping (and I think he would) but I'm very open to keeping him, and if the team is healthier, I think we'd be happy we did.