• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#41 ben_usmc

ben_usmc

Kenny Powers Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,829 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 05:47 PM

if one thing has been made clear with these injuries, it's that tatar/nyquist are not players in the mold of datsyuk/zetterberg - they aren't the guys that are going to carry your team.  they're secondary players.

WTF it's their rookie seasons.  Didn't realize Datsyuk/Z could have taken over for Stevie/Feds in 02/03 time frame

Edited by ben_usmc, 18 March 2014 - 05:48 PM.

There's no I in team, but there's a U in c***, so don't be little jealous c***s

#42 Holmstrom96

Holmstrom96

Banned Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 09:24 AM

Bertuzzi is the new Franzen.  Franzen has been OK to good this year.

#43 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,944 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 09:29 AM

Lets set some things straight.
1. Franzen has not played great all year. He has played like crap fro most of the year. In October he played 12 games and scored 2 goals, both in the same game. In November he played in 10 games-missed 4 while hurt and scored 4 goals. In december he played in 8 games, missed 6 while hurt and scored 3 goals. In january he played 1 game, missed 12 and scored 0 goals. In February he played in 2 games, missed 4 others and scored 3 goals-all in the same game. March he has played in 7 games, missed none and has 3 goals. But again nothing the last 4.
2. Leaders lead, not push. If you want to lead Johan, put the puck in the net! That is how leaders do it.
3. Leaders also don't disappear. I understand that no one scores in every game. But goals scorers do it more than once a month. Your even worse, because when you don't score you stop skating, checking, playing D etc.....

Pro rated over a full year, on pace for 30 goals and 68 points... God why is he so awful. That's definitely not worth his 4 million cap hit.

#44 AtlantaHotWings

AtlantaHotWings

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 10:18 AM

I know he started like poo and has seen little birdies floating around his head this year. But I think the biggest thing with him is that I am guessing they figured out the proper dosages for depression meds and that's why we are seeing a better overall effort for him.

"Wakie, wakie hands off Snakie" - Jason Lee of Earl

#45 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 10:52 AM

You subtract 2 games from franzen this year and he has 3 months with 0 goals. That isn't great. I don't care about his pro rated numbers. he has 30+ goals once in his 9 year career. it isn't something he is going to do. Do you really expect nyquist to score 40 goals next season? that is his pace this year..... no. he isn't that type of player.

#46 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,944 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 11:12 AM

You subtract 2 games from franzen this year and he has 3 months with 0 goals. That isn't great. I don't care about his pro rated numbers. he has 30+ goals once in his 9 year career. it isn't something he is going to do. Do you really expect nyquist to score 40 goals next season? that is his pace this year..... no. he isn't that type of player.

He's on pace for 30 goals, which is quite possible. Nyquist is on pace for 36, why is that not possible? He is very young and still developing and it's not like his goals are fluky? They are all good goals, don't understand how you can discredit that. It seems some people like to complain even about the positives and spin them into negatives

#47 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,925 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 01:04 PM

He's on pace for 30 goals, which is quite possible. Nyquist is on pace for 36, why is that not possible? He is very young and still developing and it's not like his goals are fluky? They are all good goals, don't understand how you can discredit that. It seems some people like to complain even about the positives and spin them into negatives

Some people?

#48 nawein

nawein

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 01:25 PM

And if you subtract the 7 games he didn't score in those months then he scored in every game he played in for 3 whole months. Subtracting facts to make your argument is asinine. Fact is when guys went down he stepped up. He can't carry the team forever and you can't expect him to score everygame when the other team knows that he's the guy.

#49 Motown4013

Motown4013

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 07:19 PM

if one thing has been made clear with these injuries, it's that tatar/nyquist are not players in the mold of datsyuk/zetterberg - they aren't the guys that are going to carry your team.  they're secondary players.

LOL.....every time I read your posts I get a laugh..... man, do you watch this team???? Have you seen this kid Gus? These kids??? Look at the score sheet over the last 5 games and tell me who is carrying the team.
Watch a game and then repost
Raising another Red Wings Fan!

The future looks bright in Hockeytown!
GUSTAV SNIPEQUIST!

#50 Motown4013

Motown4013

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 07:25 PM

If anyone on the team is in a position to say this, it's Franzen.  He has been our best player over the injury streak.

That's because every other candidate is hurt OR because the only two players that haven't been hurt this year are Quincey and Miller.....and Miller has been a defensive stud ...just sayin
Raising another Red Wings Fan!

The future looks bright in Hockeytown!
GUSTAV SNIPEQUIST!

#51 Opie

Opie

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,420 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 08:12 PM

And if you subtract the 7 games he didn't score in those months then he scored in every game he played in for 3 whole months. Subtracting facts to make your argument is asinine. Fact is when guys went down he stepped up. He can't carry the team forever and you can't expect him to score everygame when the other team knows that he's the guy.

nevermind

Edited by Opie, 19 March 2014 - 08:12 PM.

"The more I know about people - the better I like my dog." - Mark Twain

"A wise man once told me, ‘Don’t argue with fools. Cause people from a distance can’t tell who is who'." Jay Z, Takeover

"When I was looking for a captain, I wanted a guy with the Red Wings crest tattooed on his chest," said former Detroit coach Jacques Demers, who named Yzerman captain in 1986. "Steve Yzerman was that guy."

“Told him if he wasn't ultra-competitive he couldn't come here. If he didn't bring it every day he couldn't come here, because he was going to hate it if he didn't, dislike the coach and dislike playing here.
“It's real straightforward. If you don't do it right, you're not happy here." Babcock

#52 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,680 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 06:01 AM

Franzen needs to play like he's playing every game not just when other key guys go down.  Isn't he suppose to be a key player on this team?  

#53 GoWings!

GoWings!

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 09:56 AM

I'm all for mule speaking up. I like that. Coaching also tends to be overlooked. This goes a long way. Babs isn't bad but there's just something about these horrific 3rd periods that make you scratch your head and wonder why they can't play harder and smarter when the other teams decide to bring it. I mean the defense has been downright scary in every 3rd period and clutch saves don't seem to exist either. I just can't understand why they poop the bed in the final 20 minutes of every game.

Edited by GoWings!, 20 March 2014 - 09:58 AM.

#54 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 11:38 AM

LOL.....every time I read your posts I get a laugh..... man, do you watch this team???? Have you seen this kid Gus? These kids??? Look at the score sheet over the last 5 games and tell me who is carrying the team.
Watch a game and then repost

To hell with the last 5 games dude....Nyquist has like 27 points in the last 21 games I think.  He's been like Z Jr lately.  We may make the playoffs on his back this year.  That sounds like a future leader to me.  And yes, his posts are often quite funny.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#55 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,394 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 07:51 PM

I'm all for mule speaking up. I like that. Coaching also tends to be overlooked. This goes a long way. Babs isn't bad but there's just something about these horrific 3rd periods that make you scratch your head and wonder why they can't play harder and smarter when the other teams decide to bring it. I mean the defense has been downright scary in every 3rd period and clutch saves don't seem to exist either. I just can't understand why they poop the bed in the final 20 minutes of every game.

I think it is easy to understand. The other team kicks it up another gear, and brings out the inexperience in our young players. It leads to them making mistakes. But they are getting better. That is what matters. It was different when we had the likes of Lidstrom and Zetterberg out there to close out games. 

#56 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,343 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 07:55 PM

We haven't lost since Franzen made is statement.  Coincidence?  I don't think so.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#57 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,394 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 07:59 PM

We haven't lost since Franzen made is statement.  Coincidence?  I don't think so.

Some will point out he hasn't scored in a few games. But when it comes down to it, that first line has been playing the opponents best shut down guys every night, which frees up Gus and the kid line to work their magic. 

#58 Krayzie_Bone

Krayzie_Bone

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 08:00 PM

Franzen is worth every penny. He has always been streaky but can win a series by himself if he gets hot. I dont care about all the haters now Ill take him at that price any day.

#59 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,944 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 08:03 PM

Franzen is worth every penny. He has always been streaky but can win a series by himself if he gets hot. I dont care about all the haters now Ill take him at that price any day.

I agree. Even if he retires early and we take a small hit on the recapture penalty I won't be upset. He's been good for the majority of this year, and if he's hit a cold streak right now I won't be too upset if it means he'll turn hot again going into the playoffs, most fans of other teams will tell you he isn't someone you want to play against

#60 peabrain

peabrain

Jr. Prospect

• 16 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 08:05 PM

Bertuzzi is the new Franzen.  Franzen has been OK to good this year.

I think bart has been looking good the last few games.